Just wondering ....

by talesin 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I almost always choose the name of a fictional character for message boards and the like and it is usually a character from Neil Gaiman.

• talesin
    talesin

BSG - That's supposed to be an awesome series. I don't have cable, but plan to d/l it from season 1 and watch (legally, of course), now that I have high speed. I love the old V, and have watched it many times. Haven't seen the last 2 episodes of the new one.

Mad Sweeney - Me, too, for my FB too, though my friends all know my RN... I am woefully ignorant here. Just looked up Gaiman at my library,,, which book do you recommend to start,, which one or series features Mad Sweeney? They have 75 entries, so probably a full complement. YAY Another addition to my reading list.

Thanks, folk!

tal

* correction: first got cable a few weeks ago when I got back online, I keep forgetting ... no, I don't watch a lot of tv hehehe

• unshackled
    unshackled

Chose my lame username as on obvious reference to no longer being chained by the Dubs. Guess I was in a dramatic mood.

If I made one today it'd probably be something like Butts Wiglin. Wish I thought of darth fader...that's the best.

• talesin
    talesin

unshackled -- Really? I think it's quite apt ,,, release from the bondage of a cult. Truly!

tal

*there's always something we want to change, huh? me, too*

• wasastar
    wasastar

former elder who shined as a company man

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was very dishonest to householders and Bible Studies when I was in the LIE so to make amends,

I repented and turned over a new leaf when I came here.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Slidin Fast, not too subtle - there is nothing like being obvious. I suppose it could have been something to do with winter sports.

J Hover - love it. What about J Edgar Hover.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Kudra is a cool character from one of Tom Robbins's books -Jitterbug Perfume. His books were wonderful to read as I was coming out of the JWs. :)

A good one for exiting JWs is Skinny Legs and All. There's stuff about Jerhooby or "YHWH" in it...

• sd-7
    sd-7

sd-7 = The Sector That Doesn't Exist--7th Division. I was inspired by the TV show 'Alias' and chose the name because I was, at the time, still a double agent inside the organization. SD-6 was the name of an organization in the show 'Alias' that pretended to be the CIA but was in reality an evil company bent on achieving its own crazy agendas.

Probably would choose a different name, but I feel very cool just thinking that sd-7 is more interesting and alive than Christopher, my true self. Also, smarter, funnier, more handsome, and...more able to express himself freely.

--sd-7

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I used to by Miseryloveselders, as at the time when I finally worked up the nerve to register here, I was so sick of the elder body, and the crap that comes along with it. I was miserable, still am, although I can cope better.

As of now, the No Room For George, was a line I took from a song I like. Pusha-T's Blow. There's a line where he states he's made so much money, that's there's no room for George, meaning no room for ones. The line goes, Grants, Jacksons, no room for George! I feel that like that's whats going to happen to me when I come out of the Theocratic Closet so to speak regarding being an undercover apostate. My family and friends will no longer have any room for me in their lives, hence no room for George. Plus that song is flames. That mixtape is flames.

Malice found religion, Tony found prison
    I’m just tryna find my way up out this f-cking kitchen
    a birdseye view got me channelling my vision
    turn one to two now the kilo’s got a sibling
    father knows best, wash my hands, all's forgiven
    we kicking up dust like the colosseum floors
    walls full of safe’s like they're mausoleum doors
    putty getting wet as she's walking through my morgue
    Grant’s, Jackson’s, no room for George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest