Just wondering ....

by talesin 91 Replies latest jw friends

• eva luna
    eva luna

Ah, The Mists of Avalon. One of my all time favorite books. When I started to question Christainty , my close friend gave me a copy and said . I' think youre ready for this now'. I named my Cat after one of the charecters in the book.

My name is also from another favorite books and author. Eva Luna by Isabel Allende. I liked the charecter becasue, she liked to tell stories.

Nice topic Talesin. I've enjoyed reading all the responces.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I chose mine because I thought it reflected what the WTS has done over the centuries - break promises.

I was also in a melancoly mood at the time regarding my non-love life at the time too.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Just because I love my kids. There is nothing like the love of a mother, or mama, or mommy.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'll say it again, mine is j-gnat, as in the gnat of Athens, little fly that asks lots of annoying questions.

Iconoclast - have you read the book, Iconoclast? I'm betting you will love it!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Well ... many years ago when I was still a witness, I created the username "Iwannaleave", but then I left. I'm sure you can see the dilemma! So ... I chose a new name! I love the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are" and at the time, I felt like a Wild Thing, and I felt like the rest of you were too!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Because I love to imagine and be surrounded by beauty. Faeries live in nature, that is their home. I am a dancer, and when I dance, I feel free. And freedom is like flying...

• talesin
    talesin

coffee_black --- well, of course! :D

J. Hofer - ah, self-explanatory

Morbidzbaby - okay, get it now... arrgh, that must be annoying,, they don't usually do change handles because do it for one, do it for all, etc., but you could always start a new one, and let everyone know,,, on the other hand, it never hurts to ask ....

sooner7nc - that is cool,, I love football, too, though I know nothing about US college teams GO HUSKIES (cdn :D)

Found Sheep - I love rebellious wimmins!!!

eva luna - putting that on my reading list - excellent Allende fab-famous author, but haven't read her yet, tks

Broken Promises - I'm with you on BOTH reasons

mamalove - true true, and the most important 'job' in the world (along with being a father) I don't know your story, but you've already done a wonderful thing for your kids 'cause you're here

jgnat - heheh, the fly in the JW ointment, but 'balm of Gilead' for us :)

Wild Thing - YES WE ARE! I remember your previous name,,, cool! And another classic for my list! yay!

freeflyingfaerie - once again, bee-yoo-tee-full, I am not surprised you are a dancer. I love faerie artwork.

WOW, thanks peeps; what a great response! It's good to get to know you better, and happy you are enjoying the thread.

tal

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I normally use a different name for online profiles. However, I was not ready to be found out yet should a JW who knows me stumble upon the username. I don't honestly remember why I picked this one. I think I saw Batman & Robin on TV or something.

• talesin
    talesin

MrFreeze - so you're a villian ..... I'm a-skeert!!! NOT

anonymity is important - for many reasons

tal

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

BSG = Battle Star Galactica

SciFi serie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest