Just wondering ....

by talesin 91 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

There are many new posters here, and I'm very interested to learn why you chose your screen names.

I'll go first. One book I read, The Mists of Avalon, was very important to me. Among the main characters was Merlin, who in the book, was called "Taliesen". I made a spelling error when I first joined the board, and spelled it "talesin" -- I've always felt a special connection to the Arthurian legend, so named myself that. What is the reason for your 'handle'?

Enquiring minds want to know!

with much love, and bouquets to all for having the courage to post your personal stories,,,, I remain, your

talesin

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I thought your name was 'tale's in' i.e. in your tail is still in the borg but you're on your way out!

I chose mine because at work we have dummy I.D's on the databases we use and the most common one is Mickey Mouse. It just sprang to mind when I tried to think of an I.D.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

I LOVE THAT BOOK!!!

I chose mine because of what an Iconoclast is. If I am to be labeled, I would like to chose my label. Iconoclast better suites me than Apostate or Disfellowshipped or Disassociated. I don't even want the JayDub label. Label me as the rest of history does. I am an Iconoclast. Plan and simple. I think many on this forum are as well.

Standard Definition:

Iconoclasm [ 1 ] is the deliberate destruction of religiousicons and other symbols or monuments, usually for religious or political motives. It is a frequent component of major political or religious changes. The term encompasses the more specific destruction of images of a ruler after his death or overthrow (damnatio memoriae), for example, following Akhenaten's death in Ancient Egypt.

People who engage in or support iconoclasm are called "iconoclasts", a term that has come to be applied figuratively to any person who challenges established dogma or conventions. Conversely, people who revere or venerate religious images are (by iconoclasts) called "iconolaters". In a Byzantine context, they are known as "iconodules", or "iconophiles".

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snowbird - nickname.

Syl

• talesin
    talesin

mm -- yes, my spelling error has caused a lot of confusion .... heheheh

iconoclast - wow, a true intellectual ,,, right the F***-on!

Keep 'em comin', folks!

tal

• talesin
    talesin

snowy - I wondered if you were a Canadian --- a lot of retired-to-the-south folks call themselves Snowbirds a la Anne Murray

t

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

LMAO! I like to read. Probably my downfall as a good witness. My grandmother told me that I need to stop thinking so much and I had an elder (I HATE THAT TITLE) tell me I need to dumb down my answers.

• snowbird
    snowbird

No Canucky-nuck here.

Born and bred in the Black Belt of Alabama.

Syl

• baltar447
    baltar447

I wanted something that was completely foreign to whatever screen names I've used for my "real" identity. I kinda just made it up based on the BSG character.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

What is BSG?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit