Was I the only one that did this? Or am I really weird?

by cantleave 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

Crapola,

Me, too! My mom got the cheap green one for my sister and me because the black leather one was $7, too expensive.

Loved that dinosaur

Don't all our answers on this thread indicate that the meetings were and still are not suited for children?

I never knew about Jesus until I was 9 when the BSB came out at an assembly.

I never knew any of those characters until I read that book, yet, I made just about every meeting with my mom.

The WTS is sooo out of touch with young people, it's bewildering.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Why the Dino gotta' be from Africa? Ain't no Dinos in Europe?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Dayum. Did I murder another thread? Hey y'all, I was just kidding....... Anyway...BTTT

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's official then, I was a weird kid!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Man, that dinosaur always bugged me... 'Cause there's no such critter that I've ever found in any listing of dinosaurs cataloged by paleontologists... Unless the Watchtower boys were attempting to represent an herbivore standing on its hind legs to eat some conifer branches - but in that case, where the heck's the tree????

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...when I saw the guy all the way on the right side of the cover with his arm outstretched and looking all fanciful. ..."

Hmm... That reminds me... I used to examine all the interesting outfits of the dudes - and wish that I had clothes like that, too!!

Guess I was destined to be a clotheshorse and then an SCA'er from a very early age...

Zid the clotheshorse... Whinney...

• sizemik
    sizemik

My wife and I were gifted a green Bible each by our study conductors (1982) . . . she kept hers for years. She even cut the edges for quick reference . . .

When I got bored I counted the legs and feet of the men in the song book. There was an extra leg that didn't belong to anyone, as I recall.

Sounds suspiciously like a phallic symbol to me . . . further evidence of the GB's homosexicality . . . better let Rick know

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry, I wasn't on glue, if you pardon the expression.

I used to draw other dinosaurs to keep it company.

In my 1958 'Paradised Regained' book I used to draw intestines on Adam for some reason I can't recall.

I was bleedin' annoyed god was killing a poor cat in the armageddon picture though.....or was it a dog?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit