Was I the only one that did this? Or am I really weird?

by cantleave 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

When I was a kid I got through a number of the old Green Bibles!!

Do you remember this bible?

Do you recall the maps on the inside covers? One them had a dinosaur on it??????

The dinosaur was wierd but that is NOT what this thread is about. Those maps were glued onto the hard covers. There was always some some small beads of dry glue along the edge of the paper.

The first thing I did when I got a new bible was pick the glue off and chew it. I am sure I cannot be the only kid who did this. I need affirmation of this belief or I will have admit I have always been insane?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

sorry I remember the green bible but no glue chew here. It's funny though

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh my goodness i remember that bible! I was fasinated by the dinosaur... I would pick the glue off though i never chewed it! Lol

I wouldn't say you are insane.. A little troubled maybe?? Lol.

Peace

• prophecor
    prophecor

uhhh yes, I think you're weird. Then again, I remember having a penchant for eating ARGO Starch. So, maybe not so much.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I had a friend when I was a kid that like eating elmers glue. As a matter of fact it is pretty common for kids to eat glue of some sort, even crayons too. Don't ask me why, but this is true (used to work in a daycare).

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

There were a few kids in grade school that ate glue.

No biggie.

JDW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Do you think being bored shitless at a meeting was an excuse for dysfunctional behaviour?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Do you think being bored shitless at a meeting was an excuse for dysfunctional behaviour?

Eating glue is dysfunctional?

JDW

• anniegirl76
    anniegirl76

@cantleave....ABSOLUTELY!!!

No, I don't think you're weird, I counted the corners on the doorways and around the seats....part of it was my OCD the other part was....hhhmmm...I don't know what it was...You're not weird, I am.

anniegirl

• cantleave
    cantleave

JD - Probably not. In fact when you think about it, it less dysfunctional than a kid going round his neighbourhood, recruiting for cult members, on a weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit