Was I the only one that did this? Or am I really weird?

by cantleave 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

How's you reading going Anniegirl?

• unshackled
    unshackled

I remember the retro green bibles but not the dinosaur. Very cool.

Bits of glue? Don't think so...but who knows, might've eaten it at one point. To pass the time in meetings I'd use the appendix and look up "dirty" words in the bible.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Unshackled - I did that too!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When I got bored I counted the legs and feet of the men in the song book. There was an extra leg that didn't belong to anyone, as I recall.

The difficult part was deciding which of the legs was the superfluous one.

• nugget
    nugget

The things you learn about your husband on this board. Now I am shocked the depths of his depravity.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Do you think being bored shitless at a meeting was an excuse for dysfunctional behaviour?

Yes yes yes!

My BIL would start to wobble a non wobbly milk tooth at the start of the meeting and by the end he would have wobbled it out. He was a strange boy now he is a strange adult! Lol

When I got bored I counted the legs and feet of the men in the song book. There was an extra leg that didn't belong to anyone, as I recall.
    The difficult part was deciding which of the legs was the superfluous one.

I remember doing that! Lol. Who did that leg belong to! I would spent many a meeting trying to work it out.

We used to have celing fans and i would watch them and see how many spins i could count before i went dizzy!

Peace

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I loved the green bibles, do not remember the glue ...hmmmmm....

• watersprout
    watersprout

Think the gluey bibles were the rejects sent to Britain! Lol

Peace

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

That's a long-buried memory LOL! I used to pick off the glue beads too, cantleave. Very satisfying. I never thought of eating them, however. Gross!

And yeah, the dinosaur - my hubby's just said he used to draw little men being eaten by it!

• undercover
    undercover

IIRC, the rear inside cover maps were the travels of Paul, post Jesus death. The front inside cover were maps of Israel, thus post Noah days. Wasn't it the front inside cover where Dino was shown?

If I'm remembering that correctly, then was the WTS trying to hint that dinosaurs still roamed the earth while David was killing Philistines and banging hot bathing babes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit