What would the world be like if everybody was a Jehovah Witnesses

by TotallyADD 77 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh no. The internet is almost self aware, now they have the exoskeleton. All that remains is to hunt down Sarah Conner...

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Glander, Post #112:

I think it would be strikingly similar to what we see in fundamental Islamic Theocracies today.

PS Outlaw, I personally feel that atrocity photos should not be used to illustrate an opinion unless it is directly about the specific atrocity shown.

Glander; you're absolutely right on your first point.

I totally disagree with you on your second point. OUTLAW is perfectly justified in making any appropriate analogy to what a future world (of JWs) would be like. You, yourself, said that such a world would be like a Fundamentalist Theocracy (It is irrelevant whether it would be an Islamic or a Christian Dominionist Theocracy).

• satinka
    satinka

Blondie, thanks for sharing the blog http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/diary.html.

I had a good laugh at the end!

satinka

• Glander
    Glander

Terra, Outlaw,

My comment about the atrocity photos, was, as I said, my personal opinion. Maybe I am more sensitive to that event than I should be. I suppose in the context of how JW's look upon the 'wordly' and what it will look like after their beloved Armageddon 'cleansing', the photos Outlaw put up are p appropriate.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

The first thing that came to my mind was that if everyone in the world was a JW, there would be no need for field service. Which would actually make being a JW more tolerable. Secondly, if everyone was a JW, there would be no wars and very little hatred in the world. I can't see how a world without wars could being worst than a world that's filled with violence and hate. Don't let your dislike of JWs override your common sense. Of course the world would be better if everyone was a JW. It'd be boring, but better.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    The first thing that came to my mind was that if everyone in the world was a JW, there would be no need for field service.

I'm not a JW and there's no field service for me. Don't have to be a JW for that statement to be effective.

Which would actually make being a JW more tolerable.

Why tolerate it??

Secondly, if everyone was a JW, there would be no wars and very little hatred in the world.

YOU WHAT?? I take it you ahd a decent dubbie upbringing then?? Ask those who have undergone horrific things due to the WT and see if they think the world would be a better place to live under WT rule! I ahve never experienced ''hate'' the way i did in that cult!

I can't see how a world without wars could being worst than a world that's filled with violence and hate.

I agree with you here... The world would be a lovely place to live without wars.

Don't let your dislike of JWs override your common sense.

If it wasn't for ''comman sense'' we would all be dubbies!

Of course the world would be better if everyone was a JW. It'd be boring, but better.

Maybe in your little world! It would be another dictatorship....How could that be better??

Peace

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer

• teel
    teel
    Of course the world would be better if everyone was a JW. It'd be boring, but better.

Maybe in your little world! It would be another dictatorship....How could that be better??

The Borg members also "think" (for a lack of a better word) that their world is better: no borgian hurts its peers, there are no wars (assuming everyone is assimilated), everyone is well fed, noone is unhappy (noone is happy either, but you can't have it all). Yep, by some definitions maybe it's better - except no sane minded person would want to live there.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

You guy's just blow me away. Your deep thoughts on this question is outstanding. You all showed me how shallow my thinking was on this matter. Again thanks for all you comments. Totally ADD

• satinka
    satinka

watersprout wrote:

[Living JW-ish] would be another dictatorship....How could that be better??

Some people have learned to live co-dependant. They like somebody else to tell them what to do. Someone else is running their lives. These ones have given up their "free will." It's a sad state of affairs for one to have no "free will."

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit