Sometimes You Just Gotta Score One For the Cult Members

by PublishingCult 67 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

I do not condone the dudes aggressive style. We must speak truth in love. The truth is that Jesus is Jehovah in the flesh. The truth is that Russell was wrong about hell-fire. There is a heaven to gain (not limited to 144K) and a hell to shun (conscious separation from God, not annihilation). You do not like these truths because you are deceived by WT instead of searching Scripture that testify about Him, yet refuse to come to Him that you may have life. The cross (not stake) is a stumbling block to Jews (for some of same reasons as JWs), foolishness to Greeks, but the power of God for those who believe (Rom. 1:16; 1 Cor. 1:18). There is not precedent in 2000 years of church history for WT belief and practice (Jude 3). Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, etc. are popes of the WT, not servants of God. You cannot blame them if you stand condemned. The love and holiness of God is not understood by JWs who think they can somehow add works to His shed blood received by grace through faith alone. Jn. 3:16 can save you in a moment (vs hours of indoctrination before worthy to be baptized and peddle literature hoping to stand vs fall in the end). But, one must trust the true Jesus. Until you can agree with Jn. 1:1 (non-NWT sectarian perversion...God vs a god) and say with Thomas, 'the Lord of me, the God of me', you will not know abundant and eternal life (I Jn. 5:11-13; Rom. 10:9-10; Jn. 1:12). The flesh is offended as is the fallen mind. We cannot follow an idol god and a gospel of our own making. Jesus/Paul did not compromise these truths, nor should we. It is telling your attitude...proof you have not humbled yourself and come on God's terms. The WT is dead wrong on essential truths. Biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity, warts and all, is still the only way to go (not join a church or denomination, but follow Jesus as Lord God). I may bug you, but it is the Holy Spirit (person, not active force) that must convince and convict you. You are in my prayers (2 Tim. 2:24-26).

• still thinking
    still thinking

godulz

It is telling your attitude...proof you have not humbled yourself and come on God's terms

What an arrogant attitude this statement displays. Proof to who? You? Is it possible you should apply you own statement to yourself?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Even the nicest Christians, who would never say this to your face, because they are so nice, are certain you are going to hell if you do not believe in their god, which is not very nice (if that is what their church teaches).

Whatever the case, whether a religion teaches hellfire vs heaven or simple everlasting destruction vs everlasting life pending faith and belief in an invisible diety whose existence cannot be proven, it is a fuh hucked up religion and provides a sweet little loophole for murderers, rapists, and pedophiles. Think about this: Because I do not believe in the Christian Jesus and that his death washes away my sin, and no matter what kind of a clean moral and ethical life I have lived, and no matter what good I have done for my neighbors, I will go to hell (or just die forever) while the child molestor can simply express faith in Jesus before he dies after living one of the most offensive kind of lives one can live, and is assured a place in heaven, happiness, love and peace forever at god's side . . . simply because he believes.

Fuhgged up. Backwards. Unjust. Retarded. Lunatic irrational bullshit.

I saw this video and thought the bearded douche was way around the bend and insane with Jesusititus. It is one thing to address doctrinal issues with the JW's AT YOUR DOOR when they come knocking AT YOUR DOOR, or tell them to get the fuck off YOUR PROPERTY, or whatever . . . but to follow them down the street like an insane hateful spiteful vindictive Jesus fanatic is, well, insane. It is not illegal to knock on someone's door to solicit, and I think every single JW should be made to purchase a solicitor's license (beside the point), and I am not saying they are not one of the top ten all time annoyances to people in their homes, but what this guy did was over the top harrassment. He was one old testiment verse away from being out of control Daffy Duck-style.

The JW's handled it pretty well, I thought, and sometimes, you just gotta score one for the cult members because you know what . . . ? In a world where all religion is lunatic bullshit, the JW's handled themselves with some admirable restraint.

The difference between the JW's and Christians like bearded douche guy is that bearded douche guy would gladly tie to a stake and touch the torch to the kindling beneath the bound feet of a JW, while the JW's would go like lame ass sheep to their own slaughter. Both ideas, crazy-ass.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@godrulz- so God died and made you my judge whether I get eternal life or suffer eternally, seperate from God in some kind of "hell'? You are more arrogant and self rightous than my jw brother! I do not care if you think I am "humble' or not. I am not going to worship your trinity. I have been reading your posts trying to understand your version of God. But I have discovered enough about your trinity. I don't tell you what to believe, nor tell you that my God will adversely judge you and send you to suffer in "hell" because you believe in a different God then I do. Yet this is all that you and those who share your religious view do. Just because the WTS is wrong does not make you right.

I guess when you say "God's terms" you mean those of your own. You may not think I am humble ( those who know me personally know I am) but I will not convert to your religion. I will not worship your 3 in 1 God. And I do not believe that your expressed viewpoints correctly represent anything Jesus taught. You need not pray for me. I doubt you have any sincere concern for me. And you seem to think that I am still a witness. If I was I would never have come to this website. I do not condone the falsehoods of the wts.

I am open to examing the viewpoints and ideas of many of the posters on JWN. I am still trying to figure out what to believe. My beliefs are in a state of flux. But I do know I will not worship your 3 in 1 God and your arrogant attitude makes it difficult for me to want to consider anything you want to say.

@PC-- I agree. You live a good, moral life, helping other people, but because you do not worship a trinity, you will be punished for eternity. But a child molester, or drug dealer, or murderer, can just "come to Jesus", and he is saved, and given everlasting life in heaven. There is nothing just in that. It is BS.

@still thinking- thank you! I agree 100%.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Judge is God and the standard is the Word of God. My opinion is worthless unless it is true and biblical. Based on Scripture, I can say that a person who rejects the true Jesus (atheists, Muslims, Mormons, JWs, etc.) will remain dead in sin and condemned in the end. The authority is the Word, not my opinion (I am just more confidant in the perspicuity of Scripture, I guess). When the Holy Spirit reveals truth about Jesus, we know that we know. If one has the genuine, a counterfeit is easy to spot. Jesus did not compromise and water down His claims. Using your logic, Jesus and Paul were arrogant for standing firm on truth. Scripture encourages believers to defend and proclaim truth. Those who oppose it will make ad hominem attacks, but that does not free us from the responsibility to obey God even if men reject us. JWs have a similar attitude, but the difference is that they are false teachers (again, based on the Word, not my personal opinion/bias). Is it arrogant to have biblical convictions? In the face of error and wishy washy thinking here, the authority of thus saith the Lord is needed. Paul was bold and so was Jesus. This flows from humility, not pride.

• godrulz
    godrulz

At the end of the day, the issue is not how hypocritical, ignorant, arrogant, nice, mean, smart, stupid any given Christian is, but the issue will be if we received or rejected the true Jesus, the only way to the Father and eternal life (a counterfeit is not real and cannot save e.g. Spanish guy named Jesus). Jn. 1:12; Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36; Rom. 1:16; Rom. 10:9-10; Acts 4:12; I Jn. 5:11-13; Gal. 1:6-10; 2 Cor. 11:4; Jude 3. The issue will not be faithfulness to WT, door to door success, avoiding holidays and blood, denying trinity, etc. Since I know this to be true, I must speak truth in love whether received, mocked, doubted, misunderstood, more truth than love, etc. (Jesus and Paul were greater than me and they experienced all this and more, except they always spoke truth in love...sometimes I speak out of frustration against an evil organization and the demons behind it).

• factfinder
    factfinder

@godrulz- just as you so strongly believe in your religious ideas, you must realize that jws, Jewish people and others believe just as strongly in theirs. No one is telling you what to believe. You need to understand that some people, such as myself, do not feel like being preached at. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (and preached tons to others who did not want to hear it!).

When I was a witness I wanted my beliefs to be vindicated- when armageddon came non-jws would be killed by Jehovah and Jesus, and I would be proven right. Of course- I was wrong!

You need to believe that those who don't accept your teachings, or your views, will be adversly judged by God, so your beliefs will be vindicated. That is also wrong!

You will never win over others to your side by preaching that your God will burn non-believers in hell. And your trinity teaching makes no sense at all, so don't expect me or any other Jewish people to believe in it. Our view of ONE God and your trinitarian view of one God are not the same.

Based on scripture people can say a lot of things! And remember, in case you don't know-the NT is not considered by Jewish people to be part of the Tanakh. Nothing it says carries any weight. Can you show your trinitarian beliefs and hellfire beliefs from the Hebrew Scriptures?

If you want to believe in a triune God, it is up to you. If you want to believe in a hellfire, that is up to you. If you feel what jws believe is wrong, that is also up to you. But I do not accept the trinity, and I feel jws have the correct view of Jesus. I would appreciate it therefore, if you no longer try to get me to switch over to your beliefs. That is simply not going to happen. And I will not be sentenced by my God to burn in Hell .

• the max
    the max

@ Factfinder, where you are at roughly represents where me and most of my friends are, you articulated it well, stuck in a spiritual Limbo. I dont do hellfire, or the trinity I believe in Jehovah, one god but not the wtbts , its wierd place to be, thats for sure

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

What a douchenozzle

• godrulz
    godrulz

The gospel is the power of God. Jesus is the only way to eternal life (the real Jesus, not a counterfeit one). We are ambassadors for Christ with a mandate, regardless of how we are received (even to the point of dying for our beliefs). I respect your right to be wrong. Sincerity does not create truth. I am not targeting my comments to any one poster (who can freely skip my name/post).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit