You'll lose your life and that of your children if you don't come back

by truthseeker 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I would like to publicly appologise to the OP, my intention wasnt to hijack this thread, or cause upset. Im still getting used to the unwritten rules of protocol I guess.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Pams girl....I think DJ has hijacked this thread, not you

• mindseye
    mindseye

Back to the opening post, this idea of God was the crux of the issue when I ultimately decided not to get baptized and leave. Any creator that would destroy people, including children, for not worshipping a certain way is not worthy of worship. Plain and simple. For all of their criticism of 'worldly' governments, even most leaders in democratized countries are kinder to their citizens then this God who gives humans free will, only to strip it away along with their life.

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

I have heard this from my own mother, when she was alive. Her and I already had a strained relationship due to my no good elder father. I one day decided to call her just to say hi. She starts in on me about coming back to the hall, to what I was raised in. I was never baptized but I knew the truth. She then tells me that she didnt want to get to know my children for fear she'd have to watch them die in Armageddon....Yea mom, hi to you too.

Grewup

• snakeface
    snakeface

Dj, are you sure you are on the right website? None of us come hear to read the Society's viewpoint. If we wanted the Society's viewpoint we'd be reading the Society's literature. Are you trying to compete with the Society? Do you think you can do a better job at "adjusting" us than the Society can? If so, why not discuss that with your body of elders rather than with us. (which = throwing pearls before swine)

The fact that you have even read postings on this site - let alone post here - shows that you have rebelled against the Almighty One and His Son and His Son's appointed representatives. After all, whoever says a greeting to us a sharer in our wicked works. Now it's just a matter of time and your grave sin will have to be brought to light, lest Jehovah remove His Spirit from the congregation you have now contaminated. Your entire congregation will eventually know that you have associated with apostates. You have cast Jehovah's Spirit off from you and have offered yourself to Satan and his organization. This puts you in direct opposition and defiance to Jehovah's Universal Sovereignty.

Throw yourself at Jehovah's feet and implore Him to forgive you so that He may once again find you fit for use in His sacred service. You cannot be partaking of the table of Jehovah and the table of the demons.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Pams girl:

Ive never had any contact with you before djeggnog or seen any of your posts. You are MISTAKEN if you think my intention was anything less than an inquiry! For your information, I have never been rude to another human being in my life. Dont judge me. You dont know me.

I'm not being judgmental of you, but, yes, I do judge you for daring to tell me what you thought this website to be. I trust it is now obvious to you that you were mistaken about JWN being an "apostates-only" website where active Jehovah's Witnesses were not permitted to tread.

If I have an itch, Im perfectly capable of scratching it myself Sir without the aid of others.

Is that right? Then why are you here?

Im new here, and although Ive seen your name mentioned on several threads, have never had the pleasure of direct contact, til now.

And are you pleased that our first encounter has gone as well as it has gone, @Pams girl? I'm not done yet.

My purpose was not to derail this thread. Do you treat every new poster with the same [judgmental] attitude?

Sure it was. This thread could have been about why it is Jesus said that Satan was "a manslayer" from the beginning, for he decided that he did not wish to "stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him" and are you trying to tell me here that you would not have attempted to derail it by posting to it what you just opined here in this thread:

I thought this was an apostate website? Arent Jehovahs Witnesses supposed to stay away from here in case they get infected with our foul stinking festering lies?

Like I said, I'm not being judgmental of you at all, but just stating what is a fact, namely, that while you thought JWN to be an "apostates-only" website, you were clearly wrong about this because active Jehovah's Witnesses simply would not be here if JWN were an "apostates-only" website as you stated in your post. My remarks to you aren't personal, @Pams girl, but if you come on here -- whether someone "new" like you with 215 posts or a "veteran" like @OUTLAW with 20,867 posts -- making statements of any kind, outlandish or otherwise, without being prepared to be called on them, then please be advised that it is always possible that someone will come on here and ask you to do so, and you may have to grow a thicker skin if your bearing is not just a pretense and you are really as thin-skinned as you would have me believe you to be. I'm not mean, but I'm often quite frank in the responses I post here since I'm not here to make friends as you might be.

Well, thank you for spoiling what was turning out to be a rather nice day for me..............nice to have met you.

This is just a website, @Pams girl. Please don't let what anyone says to you, including me, get to you in that way. Turn off your PC if you must, but don't come here if you feel you cannot muster a sense of humor about all of this like I do (since I do not take any of the nonsense that many folks write to the threads here too seriously, despite the seriousness of my posts!). JWN provides a diversion for many people, even a refuge and an unreality for many, who, without which, would otherwise be alone following their decision to not return to Jehovah's organization, which is sad, but quite true for some here.

Now if it should turn out that you find this kind of entertainment too brutal for your sensibilities, or, to put this another way, if you cannot handle the truth (or what some here might describe as being "the truth about the truth"), then perhaps JWN is not for you, but please don't let what I said to you here ruin the "nice day" that you were having. My post was directed to you, but I'm not really talking to you at all: I'm speaking to the lurkers on this website.

@still thinking:

Pams Girl.......I was just thinking exactly the same. Djeggnog is just trying to defend his right to be on here.

No, I'm not; I have no need to defend my right to be here. @Simon permitted me to join JWN, so he must not have any objection to my being on here. The objection to my being on here is coming from people like @Pams girl and you.

He [doesn't] really need to defend himself to us because we couldn't care less. It is a tad confusing thought when you think about it. When he is warned about being on sites like this.

Who was it that warned me "about being on sites like this"? Of what did this warning consist? Stop saying things that you cannot prove. Many of the folks here who have, in the past, posted such sentiments are pretty much illiterates pretending to be able to comprehend the English language while at the same time pretending to be knowledgeable about the Bible topic being discussed although betraying, unbeknownst to these who are wise in their own conceits, their ignorance of Scripture that they didn't think to be very important, so these folks tend to get on here saying things that they cannot prove, only to do a back-peddle on their remarks by saying things like 'but he doesn't really need to defend his right to be here on JWN to us' after making parallel and confusing statements like "Djeggnog is just trying to defend his right to be on here." Wanting to be right about something, they will argue both sides to ensure that they are "right."

This rather confusing statement of @still thinking's is like saying to someone, "I don't think a 12-year-old needs to have a $500 iPad" and after saying this saying "But if I were you, I'd go ahead and buy the iPad since it touts a much larger screen, longer battery life than the iTouch and can run both iTouch and iPad apps," while completely ignoring the fact that this discussion began with opining that a 12-year-old doesn't need an iPad that costs $300 more than the price of the iTouch. It's hard to know what @still thinking's real point is here, so I would guess the second statement was to be taken very seriously for he sought by his first statement to agree with you. See what I mean? Very confusing.

I understand JW's that have doubts. But when you are totally indoctrinated with the "truth" and don't doubt it, what on earth would make you go against the governing body and their warnings like this?

Perhaps, @still thinking, since I'm sure you really didn't think this through before posting what you did, imagining as did @Pams girl in her post JWN to be an "apostates-only" website, please tell me what warning I failed to heed? As to this expression of yours, "warnings like this," please tell me what warnings you had in mind to which this expression refers, if you don't mind?

Are you [anointed] DJ?

This is an interesting question since this thread isn't about whether anyone here is an anointed follower of Jesus Christ. This question is off-topic actually, but why do you feel you need to know whether or not I'm one of the anointed? Why do you need to know whether I have a heavenly hope?

Do you have new light you need to share with the governing body?

What does the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses have to do with "new light"?

I bet he doesn't advertise the fact that he spends so much time on here at the kingdom hall. Do you Djeggnog?

Should I advertise the fact that I spend some of my time running an internet radio station on Live365.com, too? Should I advertise that I'm currently taking forever to read a John Grisham novel called "The Summons" on my iPad using my "Kindle" app, or that just yesterday while at a restaurant with my wife I managed to be able to upload a PDF file to my Dropbox resource before our food was served last night, which made me happy when I got home to find a message indicating that the upload was successful, and made her extremely happy with me that I wasn't futzing with my iPad during dinner? Are you of the belief that my time is not my own because I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses? Do you believe my time belongs to someone at my local Kingdom Hall, and, if so, whom?

Counting time......gosh DJ, you put plenty of hours in.

You're just silly, aren't you? If you have a problem reading my posts, then you ought not read them. This is my first point.

I post here to speak to any lurkers that I'm sure are reading this thread, and from the many PMs I've received over the past year, I'm pretty sure that my posts are being read. What time I might spend here on this website is my own; I cannot report any of the time I spend discussing Bible-related topics here. My hope is that some of those who are in fade and some of those who are no longer associated with God's organization will read something I say here and realize that they need to return to Jehovah before it's too late for them to do so.

Websites like JWN are put up here in cyberspace for the entertainment pleasure of people just like yourself, because they get you an outlet to express their frustrations with some of the decisions -- good or bad -- that they may have made in the past. I cannot and do count any of the time I spend posting messages here, and since what I do here is twofold, and one of these "folds" being for entertainment's sake, I cannot in all good conscience do what you believe I have been doing here in counting time, which makes you come off in my mind, with this mindless silliness of yours, as a busybody. You ought not concern yourself with or question my motives for being here on JWN. Try minding your own business, @still thinking, and don't worry: I'll mind mine.

@Pams girl:

I would like to publicly [apologize] to the OP, my intention wasnt to hijack this thread, or cause upset. Im still getting used to the unwritten rules of protocol I guess.

What about me? Don't I get an apology for your rudeness? You even admitted that you were rude to me, when you wrote:

For your information, I have never been rude to another human being in my life.

So why start now by being rude to me? Where' s my apology, @Pams girl? Don't I deserve to get an apology for your believing JWN to be "an apostate website" or believing that Jehovah's Witnesses were "supposed to stay away" from websites like JWN, or is it your position being "new" here that only @truthseeker is entitled to receive an apology for your taking this thread off-topic?

@still thinking:

Pams girl....I think DJ has hijacked this thread, not you

Yes, I did. I posted a rather lengthy message that was directed to the following posters --

@truthseeker

@Honesty

@JonathanH

@cult classic

@aSphereisnotaCircle

@chickpea

@The Finger

@Terra Incognita

@journey-on

@blondie

@WTWizard

@nancy drew

@cheerios

@truthseekeriam

@the_raisin

@umadevi

-- and then I posted a second message that was directed to the following posters:

@freeflyingfaerie

@Robdar

@AbibleStudent

@snakeface

@DaCheech

@Pams girl

@still thinking

-- which list included you, and now I am here posting yet another message directed to you, but in response to your off-topic post. Did you mean to say to @Pams girl that it was I that hijacked this thread, or was it your express intent when writing what you did to blatantly lie to her in this manner? (I'm just curious is all, for there's absolutely no expectation on my part that you would have the fortitude to answer my multi-parted question.)

@mindseye:

Back to the opening post, this idea of God was the crux of the issue when I ultimately decided not to get baptized and leave. Any creator that would destroy people, including children, for not worshipping a certain way is not worthy of worship. Plain and simple.

You are not alone in feeling this way, but if you owned a multi-unit apartment complex and you, as the landlord of this apartment building, were to let apartments to 40 families that became your tenants, and most of your tenants at this apartment complex had decided to play fast and loose with your rules for occupancy there, such as playing music too loudly, especially after 10:00 p.m., not depositing their trash in the location that is designated for disposing such refuse, etc. Do you believe that you, as the landlord, have the absolute right to evict 32 of the 40 families for violating your rules for occupancy? Or do you believe you have no right to expect your tenants to conduct themselves in a certain way on your property?

Well Jehovah God gave to all human beings life; Jehovah gave to all human beings "tenancy" on this planet; Jehovah has the absolute right to evict us from what is His property. Only thing is that if we are not living here on the earth, then we are dead.

For all of their criticism of 'worldly' governments, even most leaders in democratized countries are kinder to their citizens then this God who gives humans free will, only to strip it away along with their life.

While this may be your perception of things, I've met many landlords that have had to evict many a tenant for one reason or another, doing so in a kindly and legal manner, but we're talking about the Universal Sovereign that made man and gave him free will to decide whether to obey or to disobey, so why do you believe God doesn't have the right to decide whether what it is were are doing on His planet with the life that He gave us is in accord with His will and purpose? Are you suggesting that God has no right to decide upon "rules for occupancy" of the earth for all of earth's inhabitants?

How could anyone even think of listening to advice coming from a wannabe owner of the earth, who received his life from the same source as we, the inhabitants of Planet Earth that have proper occupancy rights to live here, when it ought to be clear to everyone by now that Satan doesn't own anything of his own, nor does he have "life in himself" that God had only granted to the Son until 1914, when his anointed brothers by adoption themselves were also given immortality, Satan's life being wholly dependent upon God's permitting him to have it and keep it until the appointed time. I believe it makes more sense to listen to God, even if listening to Satan's advice should make you feel empowered and important enough to think you won't be getting an eviction notice from "the landlord."

@grewupjw1969:

I have heard this from my own mother, when she was alive. Her and I already had a strained relationship due to my no good elder father. I one day decided to call her just to say hi. She starts in on me about coming back to the hall, to what I was raised in. I was never baptized but I knew the truth. She then tells me that she didnt want to get to know my children for fear she'd have to watch them die in Armageddon....Yea mom, hi to you too.

While I'm sure this wasn't the most pleasant thing for you to have heard your mother say, the point I'd make is this: If it were true that you "knew the truth," then you would have gotten baptized, so despite the fact that you may have been a "born-in," as they say, I don't believe you really could have come into a knowledge of the truth. You may believe what you want, but I know the truth, and I've symbolized my dedication to Jehovah God by getting baptized, so, as I see it, you cannot possibly know the truth.

@djeggnog

• cantleave
    cantleave

eggnog - Jehovah is fictitious , a myth, a fairy tale.

So is Satan. But the Satan myth is so much more fun!!!!

eggnog - worship Satan, you know you want to. Go on - kiss lucifer.

• caliber
    caliber

If Jw's are "right " about God, over 99.9 % of the present world will not qualify for life.. does this seem logical

or does it appear to represent a kind , compassionate God ?

You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love... 1 jn 4:8

PS .... God's last name is not "Dammit

• journey-on
    journey-on

djeggnog: I don't think I have ever replied to one of your posts, nor have I ever pm'd you. But, please hear me out this one time.

You sound sincere. But, you sound blinded. Of course, being blinded and unable to "see" or "hear" is part of it, isn't it? It's okay. There's some hope.

Did you know that thousands are leaving the Watchtower Society (not necessarily God) every year. You have probably been told that it is because of apostasy or wrong-doing. The WTS wants you to believe that, so they harp on it and fill their literature with it. But, have you ever thought it is because these people are awakening and are being "called out"because of their good hearts? They can no longer watch as a group of men claim to be God's representative mediator and watch as families are torn asunder, and more and more false doctrines are being forced upon them.

Perhaps they understand that the WTS has become a whore....yes, part of the harlot that the Bible speaks about. You are naive thinking you can come here (against specific instructions not to), count time, and keep "your suit of armor" on tight against real truth. If your heart is truly directed toward Truth, that is why you continue coming here and continue fighting against what you know in your heart is the sound of being called out of that whore of a religion.

We try not to look at the rank and file individuals, but rather look at the head of the snake where the venom is. My heart goes out to you because it is a hard thing to look at Truth when you have been told Lies and finally see it and realize it is not what you thought.

You have a PM.

• caliber
    caliber

This thread again reminds me why ... Brevity is the Soul of Wit ..

The proverb 'brevity is the soul of wit' means that articulate and intelligent communication (speech and writing) should use few and wisely chosen words

also Ecl. 12:12 .. My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Who has published more books than the WT ? You can only "leave Jehovah' by leaving the Kingdom Hall .. if God lives at the hall ! Acts 7:48-51 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit