You'll lose your life and that of your children if you don't come back

by truthseeker 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    She asked me if I'd gone to the Memorial and I told her no. She said that the end is so close what with all the earthquakes and brother Truthseeker, you need to come back to Jehovah otherwise you will die and so will your children. She said this with tears in her eyes.
    Because I know this sister and she is a friend I didn't say anything. I did get an invite to the special talk. I've read about people here having conversations like this, and until today I didn't really give it much thought, but to be told you and your children will die if we don't serve the Watchtower God is deeply disturbing.

So?..the right answer would be "What a horrible thing to tell someone!!!! Is something wrong with you?"

You are a friend and yet it didn't bother her to tell you that you are going to die? Why do people think they have to take that kind of talk ..the JW's aren't made of porcelin, they won't break. Speak up and defend yourself. Tell them that there is seriously something wrong with someone that would tell another human being that..and she needs to reread her bible without the WTBTS telling her how to interpret it. They use scare tactics to keep their people in line ..just like any other cult! Tell it like it is..if someone can tell me something like that you better be sure they will hear something back! No one is telling me ( or my kids) something like that without a reaction, a strong one. They will think twice before throwing the "I love you and don't want to see you destroyed" plea on me! I hope your kids weren't in earshot of her beating up on you (with tears in her eyes ).they will take your silence to say that she was right...

Snoozy..

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

MrFreeze writes:

And Djeggnog replies:

The choice isn't akin to blackmail,

True, the choice isn't akin to blackmail. It is blackmail.

Talk about blackmail. If you dont join us your kids die. Thanks for the choice God!

• still thinking
    still thinking

still thinkin wrote....why not? aren't you witnessing?

DJ wrote

No, I do that when I visit folks at their homes or speak to them on the street or in coffee shops or wherever it is people may be. This is a website and Jehovah's organization doesn't have an arrangement for online witnessing. I have no idea what "online witnessing" would be.

You're right. I didn't answer many of your questions. I've just been pretending to answer them. Now I'm done answering these ridiculous off-topic questions. You and others here have hijacked the OP's thread, a thread to which I posted in keeping with the thread topic, "You'll lose your life and that of your children if you don't come back." Feel free to interrupt the next thread to which I decide to post, but I'm going to probably have to withdraw from this one.

Come come DJegnogg....are you trying to tell me that you don't have enough intellegence to know when you are witnessing to people?

Are you really trying to tell me that you won't know this until the governing body tells you? Really???? You must be waiting with anticipation to find out from the WTS if you are doing it properly.

No DJegnogg....you don't answer questions that really show what you are doing because you can't. Just use me as an excuse to run away and badger people on other threads with your preaching and justifying. They were pretty simple questions that required...Yes or NO answers...how hard were they? they made you run for the hills didn't they? I would guess that you have an aversion to lying, which I must say is a credit to you.

I suppose at least we can see that you are not a blatantly dishonest person. Just a brain washed one.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

No DJCHRISTMAS drink, I will not appologise to you.

You called me a thread hijacker, which Im not..but I still publicly appologised to the OP.

YOU have successfully hijacked this thread...look at how much youve written! You seem to want to turn every comment into a 9 act opera.

You seem to get off on bullying tactics. God sees hearts.......Hes still looking for yours.

Im glad you find all this "entertaining"........I feel sorry for you living in your little bubble.

Have no fear, I will not be interupting your "genius" ever again, on any thread. We are done.

I will now go sit on the naughty step with a red behind...grateful to you for pointing out what a thin-skinned, rude and clearly dumb person I am. Youve saved me from myself......THANK GOD FOR YOU!! xxx

GOODBYE!

• The Finger
    The Finger

Djeggnog,

That's an ignorant thing for you to say about Pastor Russell since in the 1915 revision of The Time is at Hand, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2 (1889), "Study IV, The Times of the Gentiles," pp.76-78, Russell wrote the followingThat's an ignorant thing for you to say about Pastor Russell since in the 1915 revision of The Time is at Hand, Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 2 (1889), "Study IV, The Times of the Gentiles," pp.76-78, Russell wrote the following

Why? This publication was published back in 1959, while this is 2011. What sense does it make for you to be pulling out old quotes from obsolete publications now out-of-print that Jehovah's Witnesses do not and may not have ever believed? Do you wish to win a debate using old quotes? If so, do this with someone else, for you sound like someone arguing with me about something I had once written in a book between February 18, 1930 and August 23, 2006, as to Pluto being a planet when Pluto is no longer considered to be a planet. What's old is old, and recognizing this fact is a good thing.

You seem to contradict yourself.

This quote from the Watchtower of 1974 shows what their preaching was about I think.

"it was called "Zion's Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence." It was heralding Christ's Presence as having begun in 1874. This invisible presence was expected to continue until the Gentile Times ended in 1914, when the Gentile nations would be destroyed

This was false. Christ hadn't begun his presence in 1874 and the Gentile nations were not destroyed in 1914 according to current belief.

Russell wanted people to join in this false proclamation.

JW wanted people to join in the false preaching that the generation of 1914 would not pass away before Armageddon. If you don't you could lose your life and that of your children.

Jesus warned against those who said he had returned when he had not. JW are preaching a different message than preached in the 1st century.

and as time passes they are always shown to be wrong, progressively.

Wouldn't you agree Dj?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Wow, this thread has gone off at a tangent! Still, interesting to read the replies.

This sister I spoke with, she is a family friend and often asks us to come visit her, of course we can't since we're completely out.

I felt bad for her because she really does love Jehovah and her daughter recently got baptized.

It's one of those situations where it sometimes best to say nothing. I hope I don't run into her again.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

djeggnog

I give you credit for defending the Watchtower and its beliefs, many years ago I did the same thing.

I know all the arguments and used them myself, but things are different now.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Snoozy

You are a friend and yet it didn't bother her to tell you that you are going to die? Why do people think they have to take that kind of talk ..the JW's aren't made of porcelin, they won't break. Speak up and defend yourself. Tell them that there is seriously something wrong with someone that would tell another human being that..and she needs to reread her bible without the WTBTS telling her how to interpret it. They use scare tactics to keep their people in line ..just like any other cult! Tell it like it is..if someone can tell me something like that you better be sure they will hear something back! No one is telling me ( or my kids) something like that without a reaction, a strong one. They will think twice before throwing the "I love you and don't want to see you destroyed" plea on me! I hope your kids weren't in earshot of her beating up on you (with tears in her eyes ).they will take your silence to say that she was right...

Snoozy..

This sister watched my kid during the day so we could go to work and is also a friend of a relative so I have to be discreet in what I say. It's not easy - and believe me, if it were anyone else I would have said things differently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit