You'll lose your life and that of your children if you don't come back

by truthseeker 67 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    What we have been talking about here would be more like a white kid told you a particular school has a "whites-only" policy, that blacks aren't permitted to play basketball after-hours at a particular school.

Ok this does not apply mostly because I never said that there was a policy saying that active JWS could not enjoy this site.

Am I alone supposed to be "the whole lump"

Now who is misinterpreting things? If taken literally, the website would be "the lump," and my sweet apostate self , would be the "leaven." In WT world, this entire website is to be avoided because even one "mentally diseased" (lol) apostate is one too many to come in contact with JWs.

As far as my interpretation of Galatians- I think that you are being overly literal. The whole lump and leaven illustration speaks to the destructive influence that can be experienced by the "whole", due to just a "part." The leaven and lump illustration is one of the reasons the WT uses to justify their shunning policy, so don't act like this is about circumcision. There is definitely a principle in that illustration.

What kind of a fool do you think me to be?

In the interests of peace and civility, I am going to treat this as a rhetorical question.

• still thinking
    still thinking

DJegnogg

JWN provides a diversion for many people, even a refuge and an unreality for many, who, without which, would otherwise be alone following their decision to not return to Jehovah's organization, which is sad, but quite true for some here.

And why would that be DJ?

Could it be that their so called loving JW Christian family members are shunning them? Could it be that yes, people need somewhere to go because they receive no love from their so called loving JW Christian family members?

Christ came to teach love. Not shunning.

Do people that have been treated like dirt by their former JW Religion need to come here and recieve advice from you to swich off their computer if they don't like what you are saying. They have already lost family and friends because they don't like what you are saying.

You are a very good example of why people leave. And for me, a good reminder of why I should have nothing more to do with a disgusting religion that teaches such hatred and cruelty.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@MrFreeze:

Talk about blackmail. If you dont join us your kids die. Thanks for the choice God!

The choice isn't akin to blackmail, and what you should decide for yourself will affect your children, and the choice is clear: You must choose life if you want to save yourself and your children, or, as Moses put it at Deuteronomy 30:19, 20:

"I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days."

Also, as it states at James 4:17, "if one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him." It will be due to failure on your part to do what it is you know from the Bible to be right that you will die in your sins. So why don't you just obey the Son? What I am saying here really is the very same thing that Jesus meant when he made the point to the Jews that he is the Messiah, the Christ, just as he is "the way and the truth and the life," to wit: "You will die in your sins," meaning, if you do not acknowledge Jesus authority over his congregation here on earth, which includes the "other sheep" fold that are not of the "little flock" fold that are the ones that enter through "the door." (John 8:24; 10:7; 16; 14:6) Those disobeying the Son will not see life, for upon them the wrath of God remains. (John 3:36)

Are you preaching the word? If not, why not? Are you inciting others in the local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to love and fine works? If not, why not? Are you one of those endeavoring to make disciples? If not, why not? Are you out there warning folks of their need to repent because God has set a day when He will judge the entire inhabited earth by a man that He has appointed as such? If not, why not? Answering any of these question with a "no," means that you are not being obedient to the Son of God, and Jesus did, in fact, say that "he that disobeys the Son will not see life." (John 3:36)

djeggnog wrote:

What time I might spend here on this website is my own; I cannot report any of the time I spend discussing Bible-related topics here. My hope is that some of those who are in fade and some of those who are no longer associated with God's organization will read something I say here and realize that they need to return to Jehovah before it's too late for them to do so.

@still thinking wrote:

why not? Aren't you witnessing?

No, I do that when I visit folks at their homes or speak to them on the street or in coffee shops or wherever it is people may be. This is a website and Jehovah's organization doesn't have an arrangement for online witnessing. I have no idea what "online witnessing" would be.

But don't pretend that you are not going behind their backs. Unless of course your time here has been approved by someone? I'm not sure that you actually answered that question did you?

You're right. I didn't answer many of your questions. I've just been pretending to answer them. Now I'm done answering these ridiculous off-topic questions. You and others here have hijacked the OP's thread, a thread to which I posted in keeping with the thread topic, "You'll lose your life and that of your children if you don't come back." Feel free to interrupt the next thread to which I decide to post, but I'm going to probably have to withdraw from this one.

@djeggnog wrote:

What we have been talking about here would be more like a white kid told you a particular school has a "whites-only" policy, that blacks aren't permitted to play basketball after-hours at a particular school. Now let's say that you happen to be black and you believe this information to be true until a month later you notice several blacks as well as some whites and Hispanics playing full court basketball after-hours at this very same school, with two referees on the court and with many black and Hispanic spectators in attendance. If there should be just one black kid playing on this basketball court, or just one Hispanic kid, then how can it possibly be true that this particular school has a "whites-only" policy? If I were black, and you happened to be that "white kid" in this illustration, I would conclude that you have an agenda in that you would rather non-whites lay basketball elsewhere and that this "whites-only" policy was your very own policy.

@serenitynow! wrote:

Ok this does not apply mostly because I never said that there was a policy saying that active JWS could not enjoy this site.

Ok.

@djeggnog wrote:

You've totally distorted the meaning of the apostle Paul's words at Galatians 5:9, since Paul were herer referring to those in the congregation that had been using persuasion to adulterate Christianity by teaching the importance of circumcision, when "neither circumcision is of any value nor is uncircumcision, but faith operating through love is," which is the context of the apostle's words at Galatians 5:6-9. Am I alone supposed to be "the whole lump" in your interpretation of Galatians 5:9 or what? I'm merely asking this rhetorically; please don't answer this question because this has gotten silly enough.

@serenitynow! wrote:

Now who is misinterpreting things? If taken literally, the website would be "the lump," and my sweet apostate self , would be the "leaven."

Are you sure about that?

As far as my interpretation of Galatians- I think that you are being overly literal.

Am I?

@djeggnog wrote:

What kind of a fool do you think me to be?

@serenitynow! wrote:

In the interests of peace and civility, I am going to treat this as a rhetorical question.

If what you would say might violate a JWN rule, then this might be best. Personally, I don't care what you said in response to a rhetorical question (which it was). I always find it interesting when someone answers one. At any rate, like I just told @still thinking above, it's likely that I'm going to be withdrawing from this thread since both of you have derailed the OP's thread -- hijacked it really -- and while sometimes these things cannot be avoided, I don't like being complicit in someone else's rudeness.

@djeggnog

• journey-on
    journey-on
    that I cannot in good conscience count the time I spend here on JWN, for I come here, in part, as a diversion, that is, for entertainment's sake.

Okay then...entertainment! That explains a lot.

I still pity you. I don't say that in a condescending way. I'm sincere about it. When I read your answers to others, it breaks my heart to see the sad way you answer.....like you're trying too hard to convince yourself.

Please continue to "witness" to us. It does you good, I think, my friend. Peace. We're all here for you. Some of us have been right where you are....holding on for dear life.

• mindseye
    mindseye

I don't care about what Russell may have taught when he was alive, for Jehovah's Witnesses have since moved on past many of the things that Russell believed when he was alive, things which he might have difficulty accepting at first, but even he would have to abandon what things Jehovah has revealed through his visible organization.

You want to be frozen in time, fine, but Jehovah's Witnesses are not static, but are members of a progressive organization

This is a copout. JWs call their religion 'The Truth'. With that designation comes some expectation of consistency. Not static rigidity, but consistency. Since it's inception the JW organization has altered it's eschatology numerous times. It has even altered it's definition of 'generation' to one that does not resemble any found in standard definitions. That's not progress, but rhetorical dodging.

'New light' is simply a way for the organization to form new narratives when the old ones are no longer feasible. Calling this 'The Truth' would make the most jaded postmodern relativist chuckle in amusement.

• moshe
    moshe
    I don't care about what Russell may have taught when he was alive,

Why don't you hang that sign on yourself, Mr eggnogg and let Jehohvah's progressive organization decide what to do with you- I'll bet they would label you an apostate and kick you to the gutter. They can't have JWs saying that Russell's teachings never mattered and are expendable- next, you will say Rutherford's ideas- millions now living will never die- are expendable, then we can pick apart President Knorr's legacy---

for Jehovah's Witnesses have since moved on past many of the things that Russell believed when he was alive, things which he might have difficulty accepting at first, but even he would have to abandon what things Jehovah has revealed through his visible organization.

So who gave you the right to decide what those "many" things are, anyway? I never heard of a pick and choose smorgasbord JW before. Please help me out--- I am still trying to find a real live Faithful and Discreet Slave person- can you give me the names some who are providing the "meat in due season" to the GB to publish in the WT rag? You and I both know the F&DS is just WT invented folklore to give the progresive WT religious publishing organization/corporation, their imaginary God-given authority over the JW masses and a JW just like you. No F&DS = no direction from Jehoobah.

JWs have been bred to take all manner of lying abuse from the earthly WT corporation and to, like it.-- bend over me eggnogg I see another quantitative easing coming your way from the smiling Governing Body.

You want to be frozen in time, fine, but Jehovah's Witnesses are not static, but are members of a progressive organization,

Progressive organization? You mean like how the numbers of the anointed have gone up almost every year for several decades.-- stuff like that? I think a progressive organization like JWs will soon have to reinvent who the anointed are and throw away 75 years worth of failed dogma. JWs won't mind the change, they have been bred to take it up the keester and to do nothing.

I find it telling, that you used the word organization and not religion. The WT legal dept has disclosed (in the fine print) to the JWs that the WT corp is an earthly organization and the JWs still want to worship their printing presses!- so they give them what they want- more light, new light, more tracts/books/mags and more busy work.

• Balsam
  • flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSEEKER- It certainly is a standard thing for JW's to say that as they are ALL controlled by fear and guilt. So she was trying to scare you into feeling guilty about allegedly misleading your children. All mind control cults use this tactic and yes, it's ugly and disgustingly condescending of them. And what's more surprising is they don't even see how rude it is when they act that way. SO mind controlled

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

A question was recently raised on another thread as to whether it is love or fear that motivates the JWs.

With remarks like this one so common place (they tried to use this same guilt trip on my parents, when we were children), what other answer can there be but FEAR!

Bill.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

If she was as emotional as you say (in tears) there is a good possibility she was on meds. You'd be surprised how many JWs are!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit