A Former Jehovah's witness involved with the writing department of The Watchtower Society comes forward and speaks up.

by koolaid-man 105 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was joking.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rick/KoolaidMan..

I have an Idea for a Six Screens Show..

Click on the link for the details..

...A suggestion for the Next Six Screens Interview..A Quadruple Bill..Lars,OBVES,Este and StopTheTears...

I doubt there is a person here..

That wouldn`t want to hear these 4 on your show,interacting with each other..

If you can arrange it..

This could be the most listened to Six Screens show ever..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Very good Tactic...... After the last fiasco the technique is the following

1. Distract the attention from the fake stories.... with good ones.

2. Use a credible source to validate another source that has no credibility.

3. Pass the responsibility to someone else in this case to someone credible

Therefore I think this show will be for real. Now note that

1 Mr Rawe is the one interviewing (not Mr Fearon) --- Therefore Mr Rawe's credibility will have a rubbing effect on Mr Fearon's credibility

2 is not about Mr Rawe either is about his interviewe --- So a second level of contact... less responsibility

3 The person interviewed doestn claim to be from the writting department, rather involved with it. -- For that effect it could be the cleaning crew how are "involved" in cleaning the writting department...

Anyway. I am just speculating.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Please don't let the recent controversy surrounding "Johnny the Bethelite" color your opinion of all the SIX SCREENS teleconferences.

The controversy wasn't limited to just Johnny the Bethelite - but also Rick's sensationalism, lack of fact-checking, willingness to throw others under the bus, and self-serving attitude in responding to the situation.

- Lime

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I'm going to end the speculation: Richard Rawe will be interviewing Jay Hess from North Carolina. Jay will be discussing his connection with the WT organization in the late 1980s. He was never in Bethel but because of certain events, he was asked by someone in the research area of the Writing Dept. to contribute articles on assigned topics. His material was then used in articles by other writers. One of his last projects was when he was recruited to submit material on the Trinity. He was disfellowshipped in the early 1990s for his viewpoint regarding Hebrews 1:6, the subject being the worship of Jesus. Randy Watters and Tom Cabeen have been acquainted with Jay Hess for many years. The details of Jay's life experiences with the WT should prove interesting.

Richard Rawe is a good friend of ours. He helped me so much when I was assembling the court documents for the "Secrets of Pedophilia" CD and that material is now on my website without charge to access. In my 100-page commentary connected with the CD, I mentioned Richard Rawe and how he would hang on the phone for time indefinite ordering court documents for me after I told him what court house they were located at. Richard is a gem!

Barbara

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Richard Rawe will be interviewing Jay Hess

Ah ha. Say no more. This should be a quality interview worth listening to.

A little more info about Hess can be gleaned from this very old thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/25201/1/Greg-Staffords-New-Book-Has-Shipped

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Cyberjesus, you can't see the forest because you insist on standing up close to one big tree and not looking around.

Too hear you explain it, SIX SCREENS is a continuous stream of "fake stories" instead of the way it actually has been - a continuoous stream of good-to-excellent stories into which an occasional controversy has emerged.

But let's move on already, please. The "Johnny-the-Bethelite" story didn't cause any real harm, did it? It showed us that some XJWs remain as gullible as they were when they were in the Borg, and that some XJWs can still be vicious against their own tribe, just as they were when they were Dubs.

To paraphrase a comedian whose name I can't recall right now, "These are JOKES people! They're just WORDS! No animals were harmed in the making of this farce! Move along now, nothing to see here."

I'd like to know the back story on the whole "Johnny-the-Bethelite" episode; maybe someday we'll hear it from Rick.

Personally I am inclined to think that maybe Rick was intending a satire but over-estimated the sophistication of his audience. Result: an Orson Welles "War Of The Worlds" riot because some people took the joke literally.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm going to end the speculation:

There is still some speculation, Barbara.

I myself am speculating on whether the recent past weeks revelations about Six Screens and Fearon have convinced you to stay away from that venue?

I think it is fair to say that a majority of the observers here on JWN want no more to do with Six Screens or Fearon - probably most of us wonder where you stand on the issue after the Johnny fiasco.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Personally I am inclined to think that maybe Rick was intending a satire but over-estimated the sophistication of his audience. Result: an Orson Welles "War Of The Worlds" riot because some people took the joke literally "

Nathan, I don't claim to be the brightest light burnin', but just how sophisticated do you expect EX-JW's

to be, comin' out of a religion that does everything to keep them dumb down ???? Another thing, this

religion has done a great deal of harm, can you please show me the " funny ". What rick is tryin' to do

should be considered serious business, it's a life changin' event for people to wake up and suddenly see

what they been livin' to be a lie. Please show me the satire in someones life bein' torn all to pieces

as they witness everything that they have ever known, to disentegrate right in front of their eyes

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Personally I am inclined to think that maybe Rick was intending a satire but over-estimated the sophistication of his audience. Result: an Orson Welles "War Of The Worlds" riot because some people took the joke literally.

Were the ridiculous "world wide Memorial protests" such a satire, also?

Was throwing JWN poster LovelyLill under the bus because she questioned "Johnny" part of the satire?

More to the point, has Fearon ever backed down on the Johnny scandal, or admitted it was just a big joke?

I am sorry, but I am seeing someone whose desire for attention and ego are running far ahead of any personal integrity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit