June 15th WT ( again) JW's told " Elders are Imperfect " Give them a Break

by flipper 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Good elders are the same as bad elders in this way:

They both are told and probably think that GODJehovah has selected them to lead the congregation; in their bold moments, the WT will say holy spirit appoints them, when they are covering their tracks they will say in the sense that holy spirit set the guidelines it selects the men to lead.

And here is the other way good elders are the same as bad elders:

You have to listen to and obey them both, good or bad, right or wrong; if you don't you might be disciplined. The WT doesn't often say the word OBEY the elders, but it is spoken at assemblies. It is said that to obey the local elders (they will phrase it as listening to and obeying those appointed by Jehovah, including the shepherds in our congregation) is the SAME as obeying Jehovah.

That's right; obeying your brother in law who never finished school and is a window washer is the same as obeying GOD ALMIGHTY.

Elders should be avoided at all costs; never share opinons, especially never confess anything to them.

Good elders or bad elders they are all imposters and fakes; they are not shepherds. Like some on the board have said, they often are interrogators, enforcers.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Christian shepherds today imitate Paul by cherishing the flock. By nature, some sheep may NOT be WARM and COMPANIONABLE . Still, the elders TRY to show insight and " find good " in them. True, BEING IMPERFECT , an elder may STRUGGLE to have a positive view of each one. Yet, as he tries his best to be gentle toward all, should he not be COMMENDED for his effort to be a good shepherd under Christ ?"

"Jesus explains: “No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him.” (John 6:44)
    Why would it be acceptable for an elder have any issue with one of the sheep since they have been DRAWN BY THE FATHER????

Yet, the sheep are not supposed to question decisions or character or an elder, since elders are appointed by ?Holy Spirit? (show me THAT in the Bible).

I think we should elevate them all to Pope. Then we would just be expected to kiss their RING.

• life is to short
    life is to short

All I can say is wow, so what about the elder who told me to SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over the fact that I was upset that pedophiles were holding children in the hall, was that really Holly Spirit speaking through him ?It had to be accourding to this WT because he would have to have prayed over the matter before speaking to me.

Or what about the many time he spoke to me alone without my husband there, telling me I was nothing but a pure gossip, or yelling at me telling me my husband and I had made him look like he had egg on his face over the issue of the pedophiles in the hall and HE DID NOT LIKE THAT AS NO ONE GOT AWAY WITH MAKING HIM LOOK BAD!!!!!!!! Was that another example of Holly Spirit? I guess so according to this WT.

Or what about when the PO lied to my face over the fact that my husband stepped down from being a book study conductor and said he deleted him instead. My husband stepped down because I was upset over the child rapists riding in my car and the PO knew that very well. So was that another example of Holly Spirit?

Well all I can say is that Holly Spirit is really not something I want anything to do with as it truly is not very loving.

LITS

• sizemik
    sizemik

The chains of love they run so deep
    But the hand that writes the law is weak
    Oh take me, take me
    From this heartless land
    'Cause it's the place the broken go
    The place that we don't want to know
    There is no love
    Inside this heartless land

Uriah Heep

• reds
  • flipper
    flipper

Was out of town a few days- thanks for the comments !

JWGONEBAD- Good point. Yeah, no problem. Thanks for the clarification. I like that saying you posted about " absolute power " - a saying I tend to agree with as well.

SIZEMIK- Oh, so the sister was feeling you out for any resistance ! I see. Interesting. The personal questions some of these elders get away with asking are just perverted and criminal actually.

REDS- That is so great you are best friends with your daughter ! Good for you. I feel the same about my 26 yr.old son, he and I are best friends- aside from my wife of course. It is truly great that you are a good friend and support to your daughter. I agree- these JW elders many times are so twisted in their views and get off on things sexually. It's amazing how some of these guys even GET appointed as elders !

ASHEREISNOTACIRCLE- I'm so sorry you went through the lurid questionings of elders with intrusive sexual questions. Sick bastards. You'd think the WT society would monitor more closely men they have in positions of authoity- but they don't. WT society is too trusting of them thinking they have the alleged " holy spirit ". Pretty lame. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Lots of great comments and takes on here ! Thanks !

CONFUZZLED - I'm sorry you were wronged and treated unjustly by elders. I definitely know how you feel as I was attacked by elders verbally on 2 seperate JC " witchunt " meetings. They made me so angry at one such meeting back in late 2003 - that I wanted to crawl across the table and strangle one of the younger elders ( early 30's ) as he was VERY rude and arrogant imputing wrong motives to me. Even when I won my DF appeal meeting in 2007 - I received NO apology at all - even though I was in the right and the elders were not. I just think the WT society DOES NOT train them to apologize for ANYTHING. They are supposed to be invincible guess - full of " holy spirit ". Yeah right. I hope you and your husband are doing a little better now- it takes time to get over being treated like that. I know, been there experienced it. Hang in there. Good point you bring out that our non_JW friends can't understand why we get treated like this ! That should tell us something- that what we've experienced from elders is abusive and unjust behavior. NON-JW people can notice it- but many times JW's are too mind controlled to notice it. Keep your chin up.

BILLY the EX-BETHELITE- Billy , it sounds like you really gave those elders some things to think about- emphasizing the imperfections of the WT society from the top down. Well done ! I bet those guys were eating their teeth ! Good job.

JWGONEBAD- I agree- hundreds of thousands of JW's have been treated unjustly or in an unloving way by elders . This happens so much it's epidemic. Good point when you include the total number of people DFed - it HAS affected millions of people in an adverse way ! WT society should be ashamed.

LOST GENERATION- I agree - I like that suggestion as well about indicating the ones RUNNING the organization are imperfect too . It's amazing what junk the WT society tries pawning off on jW's.

VAMPIRE- Very true. The lack of accountability is incredible among elders. But they learn it from the guys at the top - the GB, then Distrci Overseers then C.O.'s and that same lack of accountability type attitude exists in many appointed JW's in positions of power.

BROKEN PROMISES- EXactly . There have been millions who have just walked away from the organization- and many of us get treated the same as if we were DFed. WT society is really clamping down on members to avoid people they preceive as troublemakers.

SIZEMIK- It IS true- many times elders ARE working hard to hang us . Indeed. Good lyrics from Uriah Heep - no love indeed inside this heartless land.

PISTOFF- Good points. Yeah, I was always told to listen to the elders growing up , but it was VERY hard to keep responding to elders who constantly tried irritating us with personal opinions and evil intentions. But yeah, the WT society told us that God would judge the bad elders down the road. Likely not. I saw MANY bad elders as years went on proliferating and increasing. No holy spirit in force.

DESIROUS of CHANGE- Exactly. JW's aren't supposed to question elders as they allegedly are appointed by holy spirit. maybe they should be called Popes. Funny.

LIFEISTOOSHORT- Very true. The WT magazines must really have some crappy counsel when those elders who treated you that way told you to " shut up "! Isn't it amazing how they can even arrogantly THINK they have holy spirit ?? Crazy. Sorry you were treated that way. Like many of us- you have been through the mill even MORE so than some of us. Hang in there. Keep your chin up.

REDS- Blank post. And you were saying ?? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit