June 15th WT ( again) JW's told " Elders are Imperfect " Give them a Break

by flipper 56 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

Good post, Flipper!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

If elders "say things they later come to regret," despite "having prayed over what they were going to say" and "after giving it all due consideration," how about simply admonishing them to apologize?

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

To go along with their own illustration of the physician, why would I listen to a doctor to MAY have a medical degree? Before I agreed to follow his advise, I better be pretty darn well sure he is qualified to give it. Not so with elders apparently, Jehovah may be using them, or maybe not. But be a good little submissive Witness and do as they say anyway. Yeah, right.

• flipper
    flipper

JW GONEBAD- Good point Falcon brought up, I agree. I'll have to see that Family Guy Song you are talking about ! I like that show. Funny as hell.

SIZEMIK- So elders wives tried to " lobby " you with their views to get you to bring it up to other elders ? Interesting. It's too bad that older brother got mistreated by the elders wife so much he had to move. Jesus christ- where DO these people come from ? Mars ? And then the poor teenager who hung himself . Awful. Abuse is live and well in JW land I'm afraid. I'm sure you are quite aware you couldn't have changed things now- don't beat yourself up over it- the MAIN thing is you exited the cult in time. At least your out. That's how I see myself. It took me 44 years- but at least I'm free.

REDS- I'm so sorry your daughter was treated horribly during her JC with leering, perverted elders. Unfortunately your daughters story is not the only one, by far. Many other JW young women have reported elders asking lurid, sexually intrusive questions towards young women just to get some kind of hidden , vicarious thrill out of asking the questions. And knowing details which are none of their business. It shows how criminal and illegal the control and power these elders exercise over JW members really is. If I were you and t was my minor daughter- I would have reported it to police ! But hindsight is 20/20. I hope your daughter has recovered from that emotional abuse. Hang in there.

ZIDDINA- Glad you're enjoying the thread. Great posts by everyone. Thanks.

ROOM 215- THAT is a REALLY good point. Why doesn't the WT society tell elders to apologize if they " say things they later regret " ? Probably because the WT society never apologizes after saying ANYTHING. The WT society has never regretted ANYTHING I can think of. Because they always think they are right ! So- Elders are just a mirror image of how the WT society trains them to be- unapologetic about anything and NEVER recognizing their mistakes. Just my take.

WALKTALL- Indeed, there are lots of doctors in the world, but some are Quacks who I wouldn't let pull a hangnail on me. That being said, the WT society may make grandiose claims to being MAYBE used by Jesus or god- but I'll just stick to my guns and my assumption they are not and are full of hot air

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

flipper: the lyrics....'' I got diplomatic immunity. So, Hammer, You can't sue' are from the Family Guy song 'Can't Touch Me.'

I just changed the wording 'Hammer' to ........'Rank & File' for the purpose of this thread.

So w hen I read Falcon's post regarding the difference between Doctors and Elders (the Doctors can be held responsible and liable for maltreatment and negligence) the following lyrics came to mind:..... ' I got diplomatic immunity. So, Rank & File, You can't sue.'

Sorry for the confusion.

• sizemik
    sizemik

@flipper

SIZEMIK- So elders wives tried to " lobby " you with their views to get you to bring it up to other elders ?

Not really . . . more like prepping . . . feeling me out for any sign of resistance, to report back with . . . politically savvy lot

@reds

One of the elders on her jc continuously asked her questions, very personal that made her feel as though he were living a sexual fantasy through her kind of like a peeping tom.

Heard of this happening more than once . . . a long time XJW friend of mine went before a JC as a 17 year old. One Elder asked; "So where exactly did she touch you . . . show me?" And then; "And how long did that last?" And here's the doozy; "And did you enjoy it?

Makes my skin crawl

• reds
  • reds
    reds

Sorry, didn't mean to hit the submit button on previous post. Thanks Flipper for the response. My daughter is an adult & was at the time. When she told me some of the questions they asked I tried to defend them. At the time I was still actively attending meetings & going out in service. I just had a really hard time not talking to her. Anyway I've successfully faded for the past year & a half. My daughter and I are best friends,always were. Some of these guys are truly perverted & use their position to get sexual thrills,and they are trusted with the info you give them. Blind trust!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    Three men ,one woman, your already uncomfortable explaining it. Anyone else experience this?

Yes, I have experienced it. I was 15 and those three elders sat around me in a semi-circle firing sexually explicit questions at me. It was beyond horrible.

If you start a thread about the subject, I am sure you will get plenty of replies.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

sizemik wrote: 'a long time XJW friend of mine went before a JC as a 17 year old. One Elder asked; "So where exactly did she touch you . . . show me?" And then; "And how long did that last?" And here's the doozy; "And did you enjoy it? Makes my skin crawl'

Sometimes I wonder if the expression ......'Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely' was coined by an XJW to discribe the WTBTS' Elder body arrangement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit