June 15th WT ( again) JW's told " Elders are Imperfect " Give them a Break

by flipper 56 Replies latest jw friends

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

It has been a few months since I have visited......this post is exactly why I was df'd. Imperfect elders on a witch hunt. Makes my heart ache and my stomach turn. We are supposed to forgive them for their imperfections, but those of us who were wronged by the elders are supposed to suck it up and forgive them if we want back into the cong. Not once have I received an apology for their imperfections, for their hasty judgement and the mean spirited way that my DH and I were treated not just by 3 elders, but by 6 not including the CO that was involved. Not once have I received a phone call saying they were wrong and please come back. NOPE ALL I get is just suck it up and come back......OH and make sure that you forgive these brothers who took your joy and stole your faith, because they are imperfect. BULL **** is what it is.

My mom keeps telling me that they will be held accountable for their actions.......if only.

WHEW I think I need to count to ten.......lol

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I was subjected to a shepherding call recently where the janitor/elders had the poor judgment to state that I needed to realize that the local elders and brothers leading the organization are imperfect.

Of course, I informed them that I have become well aware of that fact. When I believed and did as I was instructed in the 80s to leave college to pioneer and remain single/childless, I was told it was right thing to do because the end was only years away. I have suffered the consequences of following imperfect men now that I'm alone and unemployed. When I believed that as member of the Bethel Family that like "family", the organization would take care of me, that was a promise made and broken by imperfect men. I realize that they all were and still are very imperfect. And now I realize that any promise or teaching will be changed with the next CO or the next issue of WT. So I made it clear that I realized that they are all still imperfect and completely unreliable and untrustworthy.

Several times during the rest of the meeting, I reminded them that we need to realize that the brothers leading the organization are imperfect. It seriously took their teeth away.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I think I may have spoken out of line earlier on this thread when I stated that ten of thousands of individuals + their family and friends had been caused great pain by the current JW Elder arrangement.

What 'confuzzled777' wrote and what others have written makes me think that it is, conservatively speaking, hundreds of thousands of individuals + their family and friends that have been caused inexcusable great pain by the current JW Elder arrangement.

One thing we all can agree on with the WTBTS regarding the title of this study article is that the Elders do...... 'Work Hard' ya, work hard at inflicting pain and misery upon the flock.

'confuzzled777' for whatever its' worth, on behalf of those 'bonehead' Elders, I do apologize to you & your family.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I reminded them that we need to realize that the brothers leading the organization are imperfect. It seriously took their teeth away.

Awesome reasoning! A perfect way to let them know there is no damn good reason to follow whatever Pharasiacal rule or "suggestion" they are putting before the congo.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I would have no issue with any Elder's "imperfection" in of itself. What I have a problem with is the lack of accountability AND this lack of accountability runs rampant among the ranks of any group who claim to be appointed representatives of God himself. What makes things even worse is that they're mostly untrained, incompetent, arrogant, perverted and tyrannical. Did I miss anything?

V665V665

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

JWGB, I'll go ahead and say that millions now living have suffered because of the janitorial/elder arrangement. Some of the millions have suffered to greater degrees than others.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

JW GoneBad......Thanks SO much for the kind words! But you are not the one that needs to apologize......

What the elders did not realize when they treated us the way they did was that they not only hurt me, but they hurt my hubby and my 2 kids (12 and 15 when they df'd me) by their actions.....but they hurt my parents deeply, my sister and her family, along with my extended family, my dh's whole side of the family and all of our friends from the cong. that we were close to. I will go as far as to say that it not only rocked my faith in God (not just the org.), but many others whom we are close to. All because they were hell bent on making an example of us. Possibly hundreds were affected by their "witch hunt" in which they df'd 4 and publicly reproved 6 all from the same cong. All but my sil and I are back in good standing. She will never go back.......I am in limbo.

You are right......I would imagine hundreds of thousands if not more, have been at one time or another hurt by the imperfect elders. If not directly like me, then indirectly like my family and friends. OH not to mention those that are NOT JW's that have become close friends to me over the past year. They are just BLOWN away at it all!!! Good witness, huh?? lol

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Billy the Ex-Bethelite: 'I'll go ahead and say that millions now living have suffered because of the janitorial/elder arrangement. Some of the millions have suffered to greater degrees than others'

Billy the Ex-Bethelite: You da man. I yield to your estimations based on the following article:

' each year about 40,000 individuals are disfellowshipped from Jehovah’s organization.' WT 4/1/94 p16 par8

So from 1952 (when disfellowshipping was instituted) to the present (2011) there are 59 years. 59 years times 40,000 disfellowshipped (for sake of simplicity) each year equals....... 2,360,000 million disfellowshipped over that period. The 2,360,000 does not include the 'innocent' family and friends that obviously would have been impacted by the disfellowshippings and the shunning that followed.

'Billy' those numbers are bigger than I thought.

So....... really millions of individuals + their family and friends have been caused inexcusable great pain by the current JW Elder arrangement.

And we are supposed to 'Have Regard for Those Who Are Working Hard Among You????'

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Not to mention the thousands who were not df'd or da'd, but simply walked away from the Borg.

• sizemik
    sizemik

And we are supposed to 'Have Regard for Those Who Are Working Hard Among You????'

Slight adjustment . . . 'Have Rear-Guard for Those Who Are Working Hard to Hang You'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit