June 15th WT ( again) JW's told " Elders are Imperfect " Give them a Break

by flipper 56 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Correction: Thank you 'flipper' for giving us a heads up on this article.

• cheerios
    cheerios

comparing elduhs to doctors is ludicrous imo. doctors go to school for YEARS to learn how to perform their trade. years and years of higher education. elduhs dont. they are window washers with god complexes.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thanks Flipper - great post!

These articles are infuriating yet sad. Sad because they exert such influence, instill fear and make these men into something they are not. There were a few sincere elders that I've known but they are the exception. Other than that it's a bunch of men vying for power, control and prestige. A bunch of immature men who need to feed their egos on controlling others. What does it really mean in the scheme of this big universe to be an elder? Nothing. It means nothing. They are pathetic. Their "male" god puts men in the forefront - how shocking! So to get to the top you need to suppress and repress the others - wow - such real men! Get out from behind your patriarchal religion (billion dollar business) and let's see how well you do!

Likewise, do NOT allow the wAY you are admonished to prevent you from listening to those whom Jehovah and Jesus may be using to let you know how you can help protect yourself spiritually.

May be using? Well that says a whole lot!

Hadit

• ambersun
    ambersun

The WAY the doctor conveyed the information may have a bearing on your feelings , but would you let that determine your decision ? Probably not. Likewise, do NOT allow the wAY you are admonished to prevent you from listening to those whom Jehovah and Jesus may be using to let you know how you can help protect yourself spiritually. "

Oh how this article makes MY blood boil too as it brings back so many memories!! For one thing, I would have thought the term 'elder' meant just that. A man who had the wisdom of age behind him, not 20-30 year old upstarts, often still living at home with Mommy who were suddenly presented with far too much power than was good for them. And now they are being compared to Doctors. Give me strength

Back in the day when I was an active JW I can remember many occasions when groups of sisters (myself included) would need to bite our tongues and try to control our raging blood pressures as these inexperienced youths would Lord it over us all, telling us how to conduct our lives even though many of us were old enough to be their mothers or even grandmothers. I can recall several older sisters on various occasions being upset and humiliated and saying how they had prayed to Jehovah to give them the humility they needed to accept the rather dubious 'council' they had been given.

Even as an active JW I thought how wrong the situation was, and how much more sensible things would have been if the roles had been reversed and it was the mature, experienced, intelligent and compassionate older WOMEN who had authority, as there were times when a difficult domestic situation needed the guidance and advice of a knowledgable older female.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Ooops, that should be counsel, not council, sorry

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

"Likewise, do not allow the way you are admonished to prevent you from listening to those whom Jehovah and Jesus MAY be using to let you know how you can help protect yourself spiritually."

So listen to everything the elders say but there is a possibility Jah may not be using them!

What a joke this religion is!

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

comparing elduhs to doctors is ludicrous imo. doctors go to school for YEARS to learn how to perform their trade. years and years of higher education. elduhs dont. they are window washers with god complexes.

OMG i was goign to say EXACTLY the sme thing!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS speaks in generalities, the ideals the bible holds, and assumes that elders in general have these qualities.

I always feel that when there are pedophiles in the congregation that is a danger but the bigger danger are the ones that know who they are and take no action to protect the congregation.

I know there were elders that knew that other elders were out of control but did nothing to protect the congregation. It doesn't matter that they individually were not abusive if they tolerated and protected abusive elders (or MS) and abuse is a larger umbrella than child abuse.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'do NOT allow the wAY you are admonished to prevent you from listening to those whom Jehovah and Jesus may be usingto let you know how you can help protect yourself spiritually. '

The expression, may be using, is an indication that the WTBTS isn't sure the Elder arrangement is Jah's doing. WOW! Forget the overhaul how about just delete the Elder arrangement altogether.

RADHESYAM: 'doctors go to school for YEARS to learn how to perform their trade. years and years of higher education. elduhs dont.' Good point. Elders learn as they go along at the rank & files' expense.

Blondie: 'I know there were elders that knew that other elders were out of control but did nothing to protect the congregation.' Tell me about it! Again and who pays the price? .........the rank and file.

(I really feel sick)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

It goes along with a comment I recently made about them...my take on it was when they use that for an excuse::

I too have heard that one about "Imperfect men"..many times. And yet they themselves expect their followers to be "Perfect" or they disfellowship them. Maybe someone should "disfellowship" the religion when it teaches something new/diffferent than current policy..(New light)

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit