This Years Memeorial and MY heartbreak

by PSacramento 48 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

40 minutes of venom---it is amazing on how all the training at the Ministry School goes out the window.

Too many jws think that one's jw future hangs on going to the memorial. It seems you can miss everything else, the weekly meetings, assemblies, conventions and it is not as bad. If a jw went to all of those and missed the memorial....it would still be their end.

As to her motive, only you can know; I've never met her. Just keep on working together as parents and children in what you see is needed spiritually.

Love, Blondie

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Again, to all, thank you so much for your words and love:)

While the Lord's Supper is not a passover meal, it was done with passover overtones and as another poster mentioned in a thread last week ( forgive me, I don't recall which poster it was), passover is/was celebrated at home with the family.

I often wonder if that is why Jesus had only his disciples with him because the rest of the disciples had gotten back home for the passover.

Christ was the passover lamb, for all of us, as Paul said in 1Corinthians 10:14-17

14 Therefore, my dear friends, c flee from the worship of idols. 15 I speak as to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a sharing in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a sharing in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.

We ALL partake just as the first christians did.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

With the retention rate being as low as it is (think 1/3) of JW children not wanting much to do with the JW religion, I imagine that there are tons of heart broken JW parents bickering over why their kids didn't attend memorial.

I'm a JW parent, and honestly I can't blame any JW children for not wanting to attend the event.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thing is I am NOT a JW and have never been.

I did the study and as I did it I researched and saw the errors and lies and while I pointed them out, I was ignored and told that the WT knows better then I do and all those other people do, THEY are the F&D Slave, they have the truth and every opposing view pioint is wrong or a lie.

I have pointed biblical passages in their OWN book that shows that ALL are to partake of the Lord's supper, I have shown via the bible that there is and never has been a "Organization" that God worked through and so muchmore, I have spent more hours researching and documenting even from their own literature and all I get is:

Lies, symbolic, we don't see it that way and my personal favs, New Light and I believe them, not you.

Such is my life, LOL !

But my love will always be there for them, my forgiveness wil always be there for them and I will always be there for them.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    We ALL partake just as the first christians did.

Yes, dear PSacto (the greatest of love and peace to you!)... because, in addition to ALL who left Egypt eating the manna and drinking from the rock-mass that is Christ (1 Corinthians 10:1-5), Peter (one of the 12, of which Paul was NOT) said:

"The blessing is for you AND for your children." (Acts 2:39)

Your mom is suffering from a very common JW "malady", dear one: having a FORM of godly devotion... but proving false to its power. What is its power? Love. The greatest power. Because love... NEVER fails. Even as to one's enemies. Unfortunately, your dear mom doesn't know this because those who've taught... and continue to teach... her, don't know it.

YOU, though, do not let anger, pain, or anything other thing separate YOU from the love... that is in Christ. Even love for YOUR "enemy."

In that light, not only MUST you keep praying for her, but perhaps next you might consider showing your mom the love she is unable to show YOU... and attend her event with her. You (and your family, if they go with) should partake, of course, because that is a demonstration of YOUR love for Christ... as well as a potential example to be set for her. if she protests, show her what Israel did in the wilderness, what Christ said about "anyone" eating and drinking and NOT stopping the little children from coming to him... and Peter's words about who the blessing is FOR. The decision is yours, of course, but we of the Body MUST remember that it is just as much upon us to show the world love... as it is for them to "do good" to us.

I hope this helps and I hope your pain is brief.

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Wow, that sucks, man. You asked a question: "where is the love?" The love is suppressed in favor of a twisted, hateful, bastardization that they call love. A sort of "evil twin" of love invented by the cult and embraced by the cult-indoctrinated personalities of its members. The REAL person is still inside somewhere, almost unreachable but not impossible to get to some day. Sorry you're going through it right now.

• nugget
    nugget

I am sorry that you had to deal with this and yes it is a tragedy that after attending a meeting to remember all Jesus did for mankind they are unable to display christ like love and forgiveness themselves. They attach such importance to this one day that their responses are disproportionate and unreasonable. After all in JW world the only people who are renewing their covenant are the annointed so it is imperative they attend noone else is necessary.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Psac- hang in there friend. It is heartbreaking that family are still in trap, but at least you have broken free and have bestowed that freedon on your family.

• trevor
    trevor

PSacramento

We each have to settle upon our own view of things and find peace in our choice. How those close to us behave is their choice. It is a two way thing. However painful it is to accept the choices our loved ones make, freedom has a price. No price is too high.

I hope you find the happiness you deserve.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh Psac! {{hugs}}

What happened with your mom is typical jw behaviour...Thats not your ''real'' mom who spewed all that abuse, it's the ''cult'' personality that has a true grip on her. No one can take the pain your mom has caused you to vanish, but you can rise above it and show her that non jw's are loving and kind and truly love our Lord.

It sounds like you had a lovely memorial last night. I pray that you have many more.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit