This Years Memeorial and MY heartbreak

by PSacramento 48 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So...this years memorial came and went.

On Saturday my Mom called to invite my wife, myself and my two little girls to the memorial on Sunday, I said thank you but said that we won't be going.

On Sunday my older sister called inviting us also.

We didn't go, since my eldest daughter asked about it, I explaine dit to her and asked My wife and Her if they wanted to do it at home and they said yes.

So after dinner, we all partook of Our Lord's sacrifice and I explained to my daughters how the taking in of Christ's body and blood is symbolic for become One with Christ and God.

We always remember Christ and his sacrifice and last meal whenever we eat and "say grace" but, becuase of the whoel memorial meal thing, we decided to do a little more.

I read from Luke and John.

It was very nice, very special.

Then this morning at 8:30 AM my Mom calls and reams me for 40 min over the phone.

Why anyone would think that I or anyone else would want to be a part of an organization that fills people with som much venom and spit, is beyond me.

She basically said that she gives up on me, that I am taken by Satan, that Satan is working through me and leading me and tha her heart is borken for my little girls.

My mother...

My heart is broken, there is a pain in my gut...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It's a cult

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I had enjoyed communion at church. I'd enjoyed my day.

I gave Mrs Punk a ride in the car to the annual 'mock the Christ' at the Spindom Hell.

When she returned she shouted at me in the vilest way because I didn't go!!

How do they call themselves 'Christian'?

I'm with you on this one PS! They ruin everything Holy!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    She basically said that she gives up on me, that I am taken by Satan, that Satan is working through me and leading me and tha her heart is borken for my little girls.
    My mother...
    My heart is broken, there is a pain in my gut...

I'm very sorry that you're having to go through this. You deserve better.

One small thing that might bring you comfort is to focus on your precious children and how you will raise them without implanting such hateful cult thinking into them.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

One would think that they should leave the Memorial filled with love and hape and joy, not filled with spite and venom.

WTF is wrong with these people???

Why, oh why My Lord did I not see this coming and stop it when I could !?!?!?

I know, I know...that kind of control over others is an illusion but damn...what I would give for a second chance to save them from this cult...

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((PSac)))))))

Your mother is afraid.

1 John 4:17 -18 God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we're free of worry on Judgment Day—our standing in the world is identical with Christ's. There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life—fear of death, fear of judgment—is one not yet fully formed in love. The Message Bible

Let us pray for her and all others who are in WT's grip.

Syl

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It hurts! Try not to take it personal It is a CULT!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@PSacramento = One would think that they should leave the Memorial filled with love and hape and joy, not filled with spite and venom.

I believe the cult messes their heads up and makes them menatally ill. They rave like the devil himself has invaded their minds! Hmmmmm! Satan is the father of the lie.......the GB tell many many lies....................Hmmmmmmmmm!

My Mom has given me the watchtower type 'guilt' trip before but I don't respond.

I'm glad you are such a good parent. Be proud of that.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I feel for you PSac, its so sad. You will have to let your pain turn to pity. Well done on your touching little family memorial. Lovely touch.

Loz x

• tec
    tec

(((PSac)))

Syl is right. Your mother knows fear, not love. Not the love of our Lord. She gives up on you because she's taught to do so. She knows no better. Your actions (not giving up on her, continuing to love her) might not bring about a change of heart in her. But it is the best you can do for her. She has to do the rest. I'm so sorry for your pain, but also so happy that you have oneness with your wife and your daughters. I know you recognize how much of a blessing that is.

Stay strong and have peace, in Christ,

Love Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit