God \ Universe

by ballistic 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hi there, I don't claim this is true, it just came to me just now, perhaps you can point out any logical errors etc I've made or any other conclusions?

There may be or may not be a God.

There is definately a universe.

The universe may have been created by God or may have come into existance of it's own accord.

Neither the universe nor God can come into existance at a particular point in time as there was no time prior to the universe - it didn't exist.

Only at the universe's creation did time begin therefore God never existed for a certain amount of time prior to it.

My conclusion is that God is the universe or the universe has always existed along with God?

• Satanus
    Satanus

The universe is 'god' in the sense that it is an emenation from it, the lowest form. Scientists have no problems in measuring various aspects of it. We, as consciousnesses or lives, are higher emenations from it. Scientists are unable, at this time to measure those aspects. As projections of 'god' or 'it', some of us are able to sense 'god' or 'it' or 'the potential', but no further back. Thus, the question of what was before is unanswerable, from my perspective, anyway.

S

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

There is a world of posibilities.

Colossians 1:17 says Jesus is before all things and he holds all things together.

So, as I see it both of your conclusions are supported by the bible.

• trevor
    trevor

ballistic

Your take on things is as good as it gets.

We really don't know any more but being human we are each trapped in our word driven mind. So I expect many more billions of words will be used in an attempt to explain what you have said so concisely.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm sure I missed one conclusion although a lot of people on here might not like it,

My conclusion is that God is the universe, or the universe has always existed along with God, or there is no God at all and the universe has always existed?

The problem I keep coming across, is that to do any further reasoning past this, you have to try to understand how anything or anyone could exist in a world without time. To function in any way, requires some kind of change, and we can only comprehend change or function in terms of time.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

One possibility, if there is a God, the bible says he is a spirit. And man and science dont understand spirits

they havent been able to put one under the microscope, which leads many to believe they dont exist.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your idea is as good as any. The problems come in when people assign certain traits to this god-universe.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Your idea is as good as any. The problems come in when people assign certain traits to this god-universe.

Well, he definately doesn't read the Watchtower. ;)

• AnneB
    AnneB

42. That's all we need to know.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    There may be or may not be a God.

Partially true, dear Ballistic (peace to you!).

There is definately a universe.

Completely true, dear one. Actually, there is more than one...

The universe may have been created by God or may have come into existance of it's own accord.

Partially true.

Neither the universe nor God can come into existance at a particular point in time as there was no time prior to the universe - it didn't exist.

This is false, as to all three. Most scientists would agree that the universe did come into existence at a particular point in time. As for time prior to the universe, time as we know it and with regard to the physical universe did not exist, no. However, the physical universe is not all that exists. In fact, it came out of the "other" one.

Only at the universe's creation did time begin therefore God never existed for a certain amount of time prior to it.

rue as to time as we know it... and as it affects the physical universe. False as to what... and who... existed before that.

My conclusion is that God is the universe or the universe has always existed along with God?

Both are false, dear one. Because I don't wish to bore you with an entirely new post, here is what I shared some time ago on the matter. No, I am not asking you to believe me. It is simply my contribution to the discussion. Feel totally free to take it or leave it. I only share it because it is the truth.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit