God \ Universe

by ballistic 46 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hear you, dear Ballistic (peace to you!)... and I am on the mend, dear Frankie (peace to you and thank you for asking!)

Peace to you, both!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• poppers
    poppers

I exist, so there must be some form of reality.

What "You" are in actuality exists outside the scope of time, it is eternal and never changes - it is existence itself, it is conscious; it simply is without being some "thing" in particular. It is whole, complete, and peaceful in nature and is one with everything. As Satanus said, it can be experienced in deep meditation. What you think you are exists only in the mind; that "little me" exists in time and is subject to to change. That "thought of me" gets identified with, and when that happens the true You is completely overlooked - that's why we suffer; we are ignorant of our true nature.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The only reality we have is the psychic reality, and it is a very subjective reality at that,,we have 5 senses which give us information that is processed very subjectively by the psyche of which ego consciousness perceives a very small percentage, with the remainder of sensory input going to the much vaster and older unconscious part of the psyche.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Frankie

'we have 5 senses which give us information that is processed very subjectively by the psyche of which ego consciousness perceives a very small percentage'

So true. The ability to look inward by shunting aside the psyche and ego, i would call it another sense, a 6th sense, if you will. It seems that the ego's and and surface mind's activities succeed in totally muffling this other sense, most of the time, in most people.

S

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Shelby, dear Shelby, I will just quote the most revealing thing you have ever said when you try to into a science discussion, from the thread you linked to.

I am truly sorry that I am not knowledgeable about these things and so have to bring you down to my "level" for this discussion

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I feel like Jungian thought needs to be explored further. Perhaps read listen to some Joseph Campbell, too.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    the most revealing thing you have ever said

You mean my honesty, dear EP (peace to you!)? Unlike some (perhaps including your dear self) I have always admitted that I am not knowledgeable (as to almost anything - foolish folk usually aren't), but rely on what I hear and receive from my Lord, who IS knowledgeable. Indeed, I admit that I know absolutely nothing about pretty much anything. Of those things I do speak to for the most part, I have admitted and openly stated that they are not mine but what I receive from the One who does know.

So, for me to pretend that I do know would be deceitful, would it not? And bringing you down to "my" level, without acknowledging why I needed to do that would be... well, unkind and unloving, wouldn't it? It would mean that I believe YOU to be as... ummmmmm... ignorant... as I am. That's not the case, though, with regard to what the world perceives about the physical world. I do think, though, that you might be a tad bit ignorant as to what lies beyond... and exists simultaneous with... the physical world. Unfortunately, you're not willing to admit that.

Ah, well...

Peace to you, dear EP... and may you one day come to realize the truth in the TRUTH that "the man who knows anything KNOWS... that he knows nothing."

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ, a spirit being, who does know... ALL things,

SA

P.S., Yes, I do realize that I make it "easy" for you to heckle. But that's really only part of the "despising shame" lesson my Lord is teaching me. Folks didn't believe what he said/did, either. Even when they DID see it with their own eyes. Fortunately, for me, he didn't say it was those who SAW and believed who would be "happy," but those who DIDN'T see... and yet, believed. Peace, dear EP...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The more we learn about the universe, the more we learn about God and the universe is far easier to comprehend than God.

It is kind of interesting that the "mulit-universe" theory and "parallel dimensions" for them that some scientists are suggestion is NOT unpresedented in biblical discussions.

Heaven ( and "hell") may simply be parallel universes in different dimensions.

• Terry
    Terry

Basic basic. A thing IS what it is.

Were it something else it would not be what it IS.

What is the difference between No God and No Universe?

Pantheism is GOD IS ALL.

But, all takes in everything which would include pus, vomit, a steaming pile of Yak shit, Bonobo sphincters, etc.

Get the point? If God is All then God would have to be THOSE things as well.

The concept of HOLY is something which is SET APART from the rest.

God cannot be Holy without being APART from and different from the rest.

A definition which can be anything is really not anything.

The UNI--in universe is ONE and ALL. So, everything which exists (actually exists, that is) would be the UNIverse.

God cannot be included for the above reasons.

As far as time. Time is the distance between events.

For God to exist OUTSIDE events would mean that nothing is happening in which God plays a role.

God either exists in a real way inclusive to events or merely "exists" as a postulate in the mind and is outside actual events.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But, all takes in everything which would include pus, vomit, a steaming pile of Yak shit, Bonobo sphincters, etc. Get the point?

No, because I need more examples.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit