God \ Universe

by ballistic 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

In deep meditation, there is no time, it's always now. I painted a faux fini on a ceiling, once. I must have gone into an alternate mind state, as i have no recollection of how long it took, or much of what i did. In meditation, when i ask who?, it's always the same, never any change. That is different from what i feel or think, which changes constantly/continuously.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The God myth or idea comes from the unconscious it is a projection just like the colors we see are a projection. It is also according to Jungian Psychology an archetype, such as gods and goddesses are.

It is the way the unconscious(the upper layer that is sometimes accessible to ego consciousness) organizes it self and the bases for our interpretation or experiencing of the world,, with ready made responses or instincts.

The ultimate God of everything can never be proven or dis-proven as both are an impossibility. But when speak of this Ultimate Being, psychically it can be classified as an Archetype, often referred to as the "Self". It can be experienced as the center of the human psyche and is supposed to be the most real and life changing of experiences one can have, not to mention scary and a whole gamut of very strong feeling toned sensations,, more so than any of the other archetypes which can surface into consciousness.

Our conscious viewpoint has a lot to do with psychic health and the amount of wholeness with which we live and experience life.

Certain techniques have been developed by our species over the last several thousand years to reach this center but it is full of pit falls and experienced help is often needed but not always.

http://www.thearchetypalconnection.com/SELF%20.htm

• sabastious
    sabastious

Gravity is the First Cause and our gallaxy's Sun is the bringer of life.

How'd I do?

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oops, forgot the link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/198212/1/Yoo-Hoo-Dear-NVL

My sincere apologies... and...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here is a site that may give one a glimps into the deeper innerself were few get to go:

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/jung.html

A leathery brown dwarf would show up guarding the entrance to the unconscious. He was "the shadow," a primitive companion for Jung's ego. Jung dreamt that he and the dwarf killed a beautiful blond youth, whom he called Siegfried. For Jung, this represented a warning about the dangers of the worship of glory and heroism which would soon cause so much sorrow all over Europe -- and a warning about the dangers of some of his own tendencies towards hero-worship, of Sigmund Freud!
    Jung dreamt a great deal about the dead, the land of the dead, and the rising of the dead. These represented the unconscious itself -- not the "little" personal unconscious that Freud made such a big deal out of, but a new collective unconscious of humanity itself, an unconscious that could contain all the dead, not just our personal ghosts. Jung began to see the mentally ill as people who are haunted by these ghosts, in an age where no-one is supposed to even believe in them. If we could only recapture our mythologies, we would understand these ghosts, become comfortable with the dead, and heal our mental illnesses.
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Aguest,

I hope your feeling better, I read somewhere on this board yesterday that you were down. Hope things are getting better for you health wise.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Satanus: I love, love your response. It comes closer to articulating something that I 'know'. Nicely put.

Thus, the question of what was before is unanswerable(.)

I think that's because people don't realize how limited you are when you use words. Our experiences cannot be fully articulated because 'there are no words to describe it.' In your next response you say you must have gone into an alternate state of mind? Of course you did! Words cannot describe that state. You can only experience it.

Enjoy the journey. I know I am.

Adiva

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ballistic - Only at the universe's creation did time begin therefore God never existed for a certain amount of time prior to it.

Here's a thought. Could it be possible that God - and the singularity - exist(ed) out of time?

Satanus - faux fini - I had to look it up. It's a sort of trompe d'loeil, isn't it? Your timeless moment reminds me of Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's concept of flow. The closest I've come to flow state is when I am painting.

http://www.ted.com/talks/mihaly_csikszentmihalyi_on_flow.html

The latest mind-blowing concept I've come across is the implications of Quantum Electronic Dynamics (QED). All of the "laws" of motion and matter work at the macro level. When we get to the individual atomic or subatomic level, everything goes haywire. The very act of observing changes the result! Only the broad averages of the individual behavior of these atoms adds up to what we know.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Adiva

Thanks. You can recognize it when someone else tries to explain it. Frankiespeaking's quote also described it, only, from the outside, looking in.

Jgnat

It's several complimentary colors applied to give the affect of depth. In that case, it gave an affect like looking into a galaxy, w cream, tan and brown shades.

S

• ballistic
    ballistic

SA, I'll reread your post tomorrow to give it the attention it deserves as Ive just got into bed and I've literally just put down my tools, but one thing...

I'm trying to use just logic based on what we actually know to be truth, we don't know that there was another timeline prior to our universe.

For example, "I think, therefor I AM". I exist, so there must be some form of reality. Reality in whichever form it takes must have come about by some means... and so on.

jgnat - I'm absolutely sure everything is connected - elementary particles and the origin of the universe on some level but as the famous double slit experiment implies, the answer may turn out to be more bizarre than we imagine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit