Alert: Witch hunt begins Watchtower 15 july 2011

by Gorbatchov 51 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

The elders don't want to find me! They are glad I left!

• wobble
    wobble

I think this is all part of their development as a high-control cult. Cults either go mainstream or they retreat back in to the compound in the hills and become much more hardline.

I think this July WT is proof that they are doing the latter.

Witch Trials spring from mass hysteria, this is what the WT are trying to induce in their membership.

Salem Mass. was a safer place in 1692/3 than anywhere near the WT will be from September 2011 on.

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Oh no...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I challenge them to try and find me when gas is a nonillion dollars, or more, a gallon. And food costs something like a quatrogillion dollars for a simple hamburger. Or a suit is in the order of a sesagillion dollars. They might be able to ram me into their cars, but without any gas, they are not going anywhere--nor are they going to be able to outspeed a bicycle when they are stuck in their driveways with an empty tank (and I am not going past their places).

They can try the other media. When they are starving, a 9/10 mile walk from the Kingdumb Hell to my place--plus another 2-6 miles to the Kingdumb Hell from their own homes--is grueling. (And the doorbell does not work when the electricity goes out because of the fake energy crisis). The phone, even if it is on and working (it also goes out if there is no electricity at the phone stations), will go unanswered. They leave a message to meet at the Kingdumb Hell, I will not show up. They might try a letter--if they can afford a trigintillion dollars for a postage stamp. It will be ripped up and shredded, unanswered (I do not treat those letters the way I treat my silver deliveries). In any event, it will be a waste of resources.

Sometimes, a fake energy crisis and hyperinflation can be an asset.

• mindseye
    mindseye

I think nugget is right on. Initially I was disturbed by the July 15th WT, which conjured up images of witch trials. But from my experience the rank & file don't even notice this stuff on a surface level. When I bring up the loonier stuff to my dad, like the 'overlapping generation' nonsense, he acts as if it's a non-issue. Likewise this watchtower will be glossed over. The worst effect will be on the true believers, the cognitive dissonance will continue to set in. If anything I think you will see an even more socially isolated and detached subculture.

• metatron
    metatron

They're too lazy, fake and dumb to do a Witchhunt. I almost wish they would start one to push out whoever remains that might still have any intelligence left in this cult.

metatron

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I hope that this article doesn't make a big wave. Occasionally, I think about having a conversation with my uber JW mom about my decision to not be a JW. If this was a normal religion, I wouldn't have to worry about such a conversation. I would just not go to church and that would be that.

And articles like this just reinforce my choice to not tell her my real feelings. I hate that it is like that. But, I also hate to think I would hurt my moms heart and put her in a spot where she would have to choose.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,”

Normally I'd take offense at that, but when I consider the source it's almost laughable.

W

• Gayle
    Gayle

the rank & file don't even notice this stuff on a surface level

Probably the newer ones adult converts or family-less ones won't notice, because they don't have family or grown children yet. But the elders will get it, and strongly and enforce to any existing thinking troublemakers. This hunt goes in cycles. But I think if ones space out or sleep even through half those articles in the July 15 WT, they may wake up through the other half and be intimidated.

I still feel sorry for the youth.

• ssn587
    ssn587

This is typical nonsense on their part, treat your neighbor as you would treat yourself, This article should be shown to all of your family (non-jdubs) and friends so that they can see how they think of people that disagree with them. These assholes try to be so controlling that they don't even realize that its them and their tactics that is driving a lot of people away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit