re-enforcing the shunning of immediate family - WT 7-15-11

by undercover 172 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pirata
    pirata

My opinion is that this very policy is what causes the overwhelming amount of "apostate" criticism on the web and other places. If they simply let people live with their dignity, family and friendships in tact, the outrage and anger that's found here and other places wouldn't exist.

BINGO!

The bible says to shun anyone who is a so-called brother (hypocrites), not those who are no longer brothers. The threat of disfellowshipping creates so-called brothers who do not leave the congregation because they want to preserve their dignity, family and friends. Ironic indeed.

• life is to short
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

I found it easy to deal with pressure from relatives about my seeing my df'd son, supporting him and helping him:

I stopped listening to them, and I quit going to meetings.

My BIL said that he would stop associating with me if I kept seeing my son; I didn't say anything, as my wife and his sister are close, and I know how it will go.

But I really really don't care if they do.

I mean, is that info supposed to affect me?

Does the BIL, or the WT for that matter, think that their 'sweet association' is more important that my flesh and blood?

It boggles the mind that they think I care.

• undercover
    undercover

I wondered yesterday if this issue was an example of the new GB taking charge.

If this is the product of the new and improved GB 2.0, then things might get pretty ugly down the road. Not only will they tighten the screws to their loyal members, they'll continue to try to ramp up the paranoia and fear of those who don't "follow the JW crowd". This could mean trouble for those of you who are still attending but buck the tide when possible, drop hints and raise questions and who aren't zealous in any aspect of what's expected.

They know you exist and that those numbers are increasing. They have to root you out, expose you. If they can't do that, then they'll create fear in those that are loyal so that they won't trust anyone not toeing the company line.

I remember when I was still active... anyone who acted a bit different, or who expressed personal opinions, or questioned even the slightest thing was looked sideways at. While not 'marked' or ostracized, they were kept an eye on. Could be they were just a bit 'odd' (as if JWs themselves aren't odd, go figure) but if they persist in their being different, they might need to be avoided. The only true way to be accepted in the congregation was to be a 'yes man'. Never question, never doubt, always be joyful and give your talks, be in service and follow orders from the elders.

Closet apostates are going to have a hard time if this new regime keeps the pressure up. It's been easy enough to slide along as a fringe dub but if the paranoia increases and suspicions of anyone not adhering to WT law are cast upon anyone not keeping completely 100% in line, it may push more of you to just say 'fuck it' and expose yourselves or try harder to work a full fade. It will push devout family members to expose you because of their fear of Jehovah what the WT says.

Then again....they might just be flexing their muscles a bit and then they'll slip back into inane articles about how the story of a she-bear eating children applies to modern day man and his being destroyed for ridiculing the true god and his followers.

• nugget
    nugget

I feel libeled this article paints me as an immoral, sinful person steeped in depravity. I am classed as so dangerous to other people that the world would be greatly improved by my death. I have power to grieve the creator of the universe. I could understand if I was a murdering child molester but in reality I pointed out the corruption in the organisation to elders who professed to love me and they decided that these doubts made me a wicked person.

In the congregation people were misled and reading this article might assume that I had started to live an immoral lifestyle. I was not allowed to know the name of my accuser and not allowed to tell members of the congregation my reason for leaving. I could not even discuss it with my JW family members because the cult does not allow people to listen to criticism of the organisation. You could hear the mind slam shut in fact my sister couldn't get me off the phone quickly enough. It is very odd that the Df'd person is dehumanised and pushed aside by a zeal to follow procedure. you no longer count as a human being and no longer have feelings that can be hurt it is all about them showing loyalty.

It is a disgusting practice with no biblical justification and causes no end of pain it is shocking that recently it is a topic that they have hammered over and over again.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Does anyone have page 704 of that Question from Readers Undercover posted on page two of this thread? I am interested in spousal interaction part of that article. What Year is that watchtower?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

undercover stated: 'This could mean trouble for those of you who are still attending but buck the tide when possible, drop hints and raise questions and who aren't zealous in any aspect of what's expected.'

You make a good point. However, I see many and I mean many getting tired. There is much lower meeting attendance, especially on the part of the servant body that you didn't see before. A lot of the friends are adopting a could care less attitude, partly because of Society's strong stand on disfellowshiping and shunning.

Of all the families that my wife & I have known over the years, I can only think of a few who are still intact, that have not been impacted by the stiff shunning practice. As a result I think that the numbers of those 'bucking the tide' is only going to increase big time.

As one who is a 'JW Gone Bad' and still in, I'm not really concerned with where I am, cause I think with time I'm going to be in good company. I see the WTBTS's mean and harsh shunning policy backfiring real soon!

I can almost taste the WTBTS's blood!

• whereami
    whereami

These people are the most heartless group of people you’ll ever deal with. They should be held liable for the vile and disgusting brainwashing they put their members and their families through.

When you can convince people to act in such a way you are nothing but a dangerous cult to society. It’s amazing that the people inside are able to swallow this hate and agree with it and call themselves the only “true religion” which God uses and works through.

Simply amazing what fear and guilt are able to do to people. Such a loving spiritual paradise isn't?

• Reality79
    Reality79

This is one of many reasons why I call this cult Jehovah Wickedness.....

• undercover
    undercover
    Does anyone have page 704 of that Question from Readers Undercover posted on page two of this thread? I am interested in spousal interaction part of that article. What Year is that watchtower?

Momma-Tossed-Me,

Just saw your PM, but can't open it even after several tries. I'm assuming it's about this question.

I do not have page 704. Maybe someone will come along that has the entire article.

I think it's a 1952 WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit