Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Barbara Anderson sharing April 10th Australian Newspaper Article about WT and back ground checks

by AndersonsInfo 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

When I was about 9 or 10,the head Elder of the Belfast Maine congregation,Brother Bob R##### used to take me out in service alone,and let his pecker hang out of his trousers the whole time we were in the car together.I thought he might be dying,cause I grew up on a farm and it look like guts of some sort,like when we butchered the beef.I felt bad For brother Bob,even tho he had the most beautiful wife and an airplane.Thought he didnt know that his guts were trailing out f his pants.Man,was I naive.heh.Recently,my mum told me that he repeatedly hit on her,but she was afraid to tell anyone,cause its "always the womans fault,and she was a freakin' stunner!.Id love to run into him now,for a spot of tea,or something.Anyone know who I might be talking about?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I adore me some Barbara Anderson,She is a rockstar.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The thing about baptism is it happens in front of hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of public onlookers. That's essentially adequate supervision.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think the front page of their website gives them away, here is a screen shot:

^ The reason they use a kid in the picture is because they are widely known to work with small children at the door. Three adults and one small child in a car group for 2 hours would connotate "working with children" right? Don't Witnesses actually use the terminology "work with brother or sister X" in the field service?

-Sab

• satinka
    satinka

Sab... Is this a sex ad for the JWs...?

satinka

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for keeping us updated on the media's response, Barbara. I'll be interested to find out where the photo comes from. Things have certainly changed among the JWs. In the mid-50s and early 60s, my parents often sent my siblings and me into field service by ourselves in a semi-rural area - we were accompnied by no adults at all on so many ocasions - which is a worry in itself!

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Kids put in the line of fire -
    picketing for the Watchtower (circa 1930s)

Jehovah's Witnesses proselytizer molest a child in their door to door 'witnessing'http://www.religionnewsblog.com/16510/jehovahs-witness-in-door-to-door-sex-assault-scandal

Please protect Children Google:Jehovah's Witnesses child abuse

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

There was a brother that used to be in my sister's congregation who was a reporter for the Brisbane Courier Mail and Sunday Mail. His name was Graeme Hammond. Wonder if it is the same guy who wrote this article and if so is he still a JW.

Hopscotch

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Hopscotch. edited by request

• sizemik
    sizemik

I can only echo the suggestions of JWFacts and 3Mozzies . . . email Mr Hammond at the Herald Sun and crank up the interest . . . it can only help give momentum to the publicity that is now beginning to develop . . . even more so if it has an 'international' flavor.

We all find the time to post here often enough . . . let's get emailing . . . even the relevent Victorian Govt officials . . . if this ends up in official hands (as is Steve Unthanks wish) . . . then the party will really start . . . so c'mon people . . . it's not too much to ask

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit