Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Barbara Anderson sharing April 10th Australian Newspaper Article about WT and back ground checks

by AndersonsInfo 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Picture of little boy is at the base of this page

http://www.watchtower.org/e/medical_care_and_blood.htm

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Someone should contact him and give him a copy of the Shephearding the Flock book, there are only 3 listings for Unthank S on whitepages.com.au for VIC, he might be one of them.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth
    Former Jehovah's Witness taking on Watch Tower
    Herald Sun - Graeme Hammond - A FORMER Jehovah's Witness is to launch a private criminal prosecution against the religion's world headquarters. Steven Unthank, who says he was a victim ...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/help/contactus
    Switchboard

phone: (03) 9292 2000

Reader Helpline

Phone: (03) 9292 1928
    Email: [email protected]

Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 1226
    Fax: (03) 9292 2112

Sunday Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 2963
    Fax: (03) 9292 2080

Postal address

PO Box 14999,
    Melbourne City MC, 8001
    Australia

Offices

HWT Tower,
    40 City Rd,
    Southbank 3006,
    Melbourne.

Online department

E-mail: [email protected]

EDITORIAL CONTACTS

Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 1226
    Fax: (03) 9292 2112

Sunday Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 2963

Phone: (03) 9292 1769

Police Rounds

Chief police reporter: Mark Buttler
    Phone: (03) 9292 1448

State Rounds

Chief state politics reporter: Stephen McMahon
    Phone: (03) 9292 1362

Canberra Bureau

Phone: (02) 6270 7000
    Fax: (02) 6270 7047

Confidential

Fiona Byrne, phone: (03) 9292 2502
    Alice Coster, phone: (03) 9292 1247
    Katherine Firkin, phone: (03) 9292 2401
    Fax: 9292 1644

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thanks for the links Refriedtruth . . . don't forget also the link at the top of this thread . . . comment on Mr Hammonds article directly.

Has everybody done so yet?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Refriedtruth

thanks for those links,the more people that query why the JW`s refuse to abide by this law,the more pressure is on the WTB&TS.

Also when I was an active MS,in the 70`s-80`s we were encouraged by the G.B. to write to members of Govt. to complain about the injustices treated out to our Bros. & Sis.in lands they were denied basic rights.eg. Malawi .,Greece etc.

Steve Unthank lists a lot of Govt. officials he has contacted ,maybe we could give our added support and also write to these officials putting added pressure on them to take some form of action.

smiddy

• nugget
    nugget

I hope this is successful it is essential that the watchtower does what is necessary to protect the children in their care. Elders are encouraged to mentor younger ones. Older pioneers are also encouraged to do the same so it is essential that these checks are done. If the religion holds to high standards then there should be no fear of the these checks if the appointed men are christian exemplars then there is no issue.

If there was a zero tolerance policy against child abuse in the congregations then they would embrace this law and set an example to the community instead they come across as shady with something to hide.

• smiddy
    smiddy

sizemik

Yes I have contacted Graeme Hammond by e-mail and I shall also, over the next few days contact as many members of parliment I can think of ,bringing this issue to their attention.Not only that I shall also make sure the major newspapers in Australia are aware of this situation. I feel this has the potential to be a real embarassment to the organization,and the more people to speak out ( you and I ) the more "worldly people "will be aware of the dangers of this cult.

smiddy

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

he newspapers article gives graeme Hammonds e-mail address ... [email protected]

Why not send e-mails to him in support of Steven Unthank & question why should all other religions be required to obey this direction,and the WatchTower eg.Jehovah`s Witnesses snub their noses at it.

Great Idea!!!!

Skeeter

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hi guys

this is not just an Australian issue

I would invite all of you ,wherever you live on this earth,to put in your two cents worth,to put pressure on the organization to change their policy on this issue. We have seen in recent months what people power can do ,Egypt Syria etc. etc. If we take a united stand on this issue ,who knows where it may lead to in the future ? lets give it a shot,Voice your concerns and let the general public know about it.

smiddy

• willyloman
    willyloman

This guy makes a valid point (complaint). The JW stance on allowing pedophiles access to children is the organization's Achilles Heel.

I went out in FS for nearly 30 years. I can't tell you how many times small children came to the door by themselves. We allways asked to speak to their parents. About half the time, their parents were not available for some reason (sleeping/not home). It used to amaze me that little kids would open their door to strangers and say their parents were not around to supervise them. One can only imagine what a dream come true this would be for a pedophile!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit