Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Barbara Anderson sharing April 10th Australian Newspaper Article about WT and back ground checks

by AndersonsInfo 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Curtains
    Curtains

thanks for sharing your letter akmcgrath - it is excellent

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Thank you, too, Curtains. I really appreciate it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Romans 13:1-4. " For what merit is there in it if, when you are sinning and being slapped, you endure it ?

I think that is an important part of this case. The Watchtower is going to cry persecution. But it is not persecution when a religion trys to avoid following the law, especially when a law is for the protection of the people and does not violate Bible principles.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I see that this post has been veiwed over 8000 times ,yet I have not seen 1 comment or any replies to the " Sunday Herald " who broke this story , or it`s daily "The Herald Sun " in print regarding this story, I know I sent an e-mail ......,Have any of you ? Nor has their been any comment from any other religous denomination about this anomally. Are we that apathetic ? Or does the fault lie with the media. I`m just curious ....what about you,

smiddy

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth
    Former Jehovah's Witness taking on Watch Tower
    Herald Sun - Graeme Hammond - A FORMER Jehovah's Witness is to launch a private criminal prosecution against the religion's world headquarters. Steven Unthank, who says he was a victim ...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/help/contactus
    Switchboard

phone: (03) 9292 2000

Reader Helpline

Phone: (03) 9292 1928
    Email: [email protected]

Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 1226
    Fax: (03) 9292 2112

Sunday Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 2963
    Fax: (03) 9292 2080

Postal address

PO Box 14999,
    Melbourne City MC, 8001
    Australia

Offices

HWT Tower,
    40 City Rd,
    Southbank 3006,
    Melbourne.

Online department

E-mail: [email protected]

EDITORIAL CONTACTS

Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 1226
    Fax: (03) 9292 2112

Sunday Herald Sun newsdesk

Phone: (03) 9292 2963

Phone: (03) 9292 1769

Police Rounds

Chief police reporter: Mark Buttler
    Phone: (03) 9292 1448

State Rounds

Chief state politics reporter: Stephen McMahon
    Phone: (03) 9292 1362

Canberra Bureau

Phone: (02) 6270 7000
    Fax: (02) 6270 7047

Confidential

Fiona Byrne, phone: (03) 9292 2502
    Alice Coster, phone: (03) 9292 1247
    Katherine Firkin, phone: (03) 9292 2401
    Fax: 9292 1644

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Refriedthruth, I sent a letter to Mr. Hammond via e-mail, which I posted above. Thank you for the links.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Smiddy, perhaps others have sent correspondence, yet did not post their letter as I had. At least, that was my thought on the matter, since others are vehemently disgusted by this whole situation as well.

• Roski
    Roski

Perhaps Queenslanders could try John-Paul Langbroek - until 2 weeks ago the leader of the Labour party in QLD (since the shake up he has another position) - he was reared a JW.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Two comments were published in letters to the editor section of the Sunday Herald Sun April 10,2011 under the heading " Children before religion "" Our report on Jehovah`s Witnesses not requiring police checks before working with children or doorknocking has readers asking why not,when other religions face up to such scrutiny."

Lets keep it in the publics eye.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Tomorrow april the 19th is when Steven Unthank takes on the "WatchTower" where he will launch a private criminal prosecution against the religions world headquarters over its refusal to submit to "Working With Children Police Checks" in Victoria For one man" David" to take on the "Goliath" of the "WatchTower " organization in behalf of ,not only witness children,but also the children of the unsuspecting public is commendable. He should have our support. Much has been said about the sexual abuse by the catholics over the years ,fair enough,their are over 1 billion catolics wordwide,their are only 7 million jehovah`s witnesses worldwide,and in every state in the USA, has multiple charges of sexual misconduct against minors by jehovah`s witnesses.see" Silent Lambs" on the internet . And the same is true even here in Australia,every state has had children who have been violated by practicing jehovah`s witnesses,but who would know about it,Jehovah`s Witnesses are but a small sect,brush it under the carpet.

Please people give him some support

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit