Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Barbara Anderson sharing April 10th Australian Newspaper Article about WT and back ground checks

by AndersonsInfo 120 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I agree with the credibility issues, both for 'Johnny' (see the previous threads) and for the Australian, mostly for the references to Jesus and God in his charges. It makes him look like a lunatic.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It makes him look like a lunatic.

Sorry to say it, but yes - it does. And being on this tarnished site confirms it.

You know, if Unthank had just logged on here HIMSELF as an ordinary poster, and told his story in clear terms without the God and Jesus rhetoric - including the lawsuit and previous history -

I submit that he would have been welcomed for the effort and given general support.

Now he is starting to look like an Australian Johnny.

And, I am sorry to say that this is not very good for Barbara Anderson, either.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I agree..Unthank is doing himself No Favours by going on Six Screens..

He should start a thread here..

Barb gave him a Good Introduction..Barb Anderson has the Respect of Our Community..

The WBT$ should send Rick Fearon a Thank-You Card..

For making ex-JW`s look Crazy..

The.

Six Screens..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_50kvyPfr50k/TQ6B-FdsLEI/AAAAAAAABcQ/qhgX-NwcH5I/s1600/bullshit.jpg

Show

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• yesidid
    yesidid

The WBT$ should send Rick Fearon a Thank-You Card..
    For making ex-JW`s look Crazy..

Gotta agree with you there Outlaw

• wasblind
    wasblind

He did a better job than a highly paid under cover spy, the WTS need to cut Rick Fearon a check

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Hello.

Although I have been lurking around a few ex-jw sites for the past 1-2 months, I felt compelled to write Mr. Hammond, after only getting through page 2 on this thread. My letter is below, typing how I felt and what came to me at the moment. I suppose now I am officially an apostate, at least by JW standards. However, it is Jehovah's opinion that matters to me, and no one elses. Here is the e-mail:

Mr. Hammond,

I am writing to you from Michigan, USA. I've been reading about a story you have published with great interest, regarding Steve Unthanks and the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society. While I am still technically one of Jehovah's Witnesses, never having disassociated myself, nor been disfellowshiped, I am appalled by the seemingly worldwide cover-up of child molestors/sex offenders within the "organization".

Being a person who was molested for more than ten years of her life (prior to becoming a "witness"), I can assure you, learning of their policy of having two physical witnesses in order to substantiate a case against the accuser is absolutly horrifying, disgusting and makes me sick to my stomach! That is breeding ground for molesters, both inside the "Truth" and those studying to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is quite scary, and I fear for our children. Our meaning, any one of those children that, unbeknownst to them and their families, may have the misfortune of coming in contact with a known sex offender. Although, the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society know full well who these preying men/women are.

I had an experience in Chicago a few years back. There was a newly baptized brother that seemed very friendly, yet would make little comments about women here and there. As his friends, we shrugged it off, thinking, well, he is new, and his personality is still being refined by the bible and Jehovah God. One day, a younger friend in her teens, myself and my closest friend, another sister, were all hanging out at her house. This brother called to see if it was alright for him to come over. Since we had hung out with him previously, we really didn't see an issue with it. I went out to get us some food, and the two were there alone in the apartment (my younger friends' parents were away for the day due to an emergency) with this brother.

Well, nothing did happen, thank goodness, but, I bring all this out, as some of us later learned (through an elder's wife) that he had been a sex offender. In fact, we learned he was in fact registered online, and his crime appeared to fall into the category of raping an underaged girl. Now, had all three of us been aware of this brother's past, there is no way we would have allowed him to come over, and certainly I would not have left. Like I said, nothing did happen, but you can easily see how these innocent situations, without ones being aware, could house the potential of something very dangerous happening. In addition, he was out in field service, with minor ones from the hall as well.

For someone to be known to the WTBTS &/or elders as a sexual offender and to not let the congregation know about it publicy, is unexcusable. Anything could have happened while this brother was waiting in the car in field service, alone with a younger sister. I know I was alone at times as well. We though nothing of it. Why? Because we trust our "leaders" especially religious ones to look out for our best interestes. After all, they are working alongside God they claim, so why wouldn't we trust them?

Too, what is to say that a sexual predator within the Jehovah's Witness organization started a bible study, and managed to be alone with this unsuspecting person? They seem trustworthy, friendly and a man of God. Who's to say this wolf in sheep's clothing would not schedule the bible study without another person to sit in on it? No one from the kingdom hall would be aware of it. The study is in the brother's hands. I shudder the thought. There are way to many possibilities for sexual vultures to thrive in an environment that either goes unchecked or worse, ignored on purpose.

What became of this brother you may wonder? Well, the last I knew, he was stalking one of my other friends so terribly, that since nothing was done, she decided to move out of state. I heard from her once, as she was so scared for her safety. It's sickening!

Due to my learning of this Watchtower and Bible Tract Society and all its entities' policies on such blatant disregard for the law by not reporting or covering up these heinous perpetrators, I have decided to leave the "organization" once and for all. I have become ashamed of even being associated with such a loveless theocracy that preaches against hate, yet their negligent actions are loveless.

Please, protect the children and the vulnerable alike, and tell the stories that need to be told, and hopefully heard. One has to wonder why the WTBTS think they are above the law in not complying with the government? They are outright lying if they tell anyone there is never no alone time between an adult and a minor. All you have to do is to flip through the literature they write and print to know this is a lie. Please, continue to follow up with this oh so important story. People need to be aware and be safe. The Watch Tower and Bible Tract Society needs to be held accountable. And religious freedom needs to mean freedom without fear of being shunned by your family and friends, should you speak out and speak loud, so another poor soul doesn't die inside, or worse.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read my letter to you from halfway across the world. I hope I expressed myself well enough to you to convey the urgency of this matter. The world is watching. Everyone on the side of goodness needs your and Steve Unthanks help. We are in this together. Let's gain victory for the innocent!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Wow, a powerful letter AK Macgrath. It just goes to show how easily it is for sex offenders to slither into the trust of the congregation.

And welcome to the board!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I don't think references to Steven Unthank as a "lunatic" are terribly helpful. The experiences we've all gone through as victims of a religious cult prompt us to deal with it in different ways. He clearly has a lot of anger bottled up over what he sees as injustices and he is grasping at anything to resolve it. I agree that a much simpler submission to the court of just a page or two dealing with the specific issue would have been better (and accepting that no Victorian court is in a position to right the wrongs of the past in his life), but it's his action, not mine.

I personally don't see that there's much to be gained by his appearing as a sideshow on Rick Fearon's circus; I fear that in trying to use that medium of publicity he is simply going to be used himself, but again that's his call, not mine.

In a way we're all troubled souls, all damaged goods to a degree and we gain support from one another by being here. I wish Steven well, and I wish people would back off in their denigration and ridicule of him.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    In a way we're all troubled souls, all damaged goods to a degree and we gain support from one another by being here. I wish Steven well, and I wish people would back off in their denigration and ridicule of him.

Well said MrMonroe

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Thank you, Broken Promises, for your kind words and your welcome.

I realized I made some errors in that letter after I had already sent it. I was writing on emotion. I was so pissed at reading the WTBTS arrogance on this thread, it finally broke me. I just HAD to write.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit