I was an Idiot.

by NomadSoul 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Born-in as an idiot, and life-time member of the idiot-club. We should start a Facebook JW idiot group. Cats can be members as well.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Hoffnung, is that Asterix in your avatar??

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You guys need to be kinder to yourselves. After thorough research, I have come to the conclusion that intelligence has little to do with cult recruitment and retainment. It's all a matter of cognitive dissonance and/or a need for a higher purpose in life due to .....

...okay, I covered that. Now, to be honest- I was an idiot to stay so long after the first time I saw doctrinal changes.

This photo doesn't fit the thread, but I found it while searching for the above and it's too good to waste:

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

LMAO ceiling cat...

• jeckle
    jeckle

Me too i was an idiot born in and went back once before I realised it was false. Eyes wide open now.Like shrek says "better out than in i always say".

• JeffT
    JeffT

Talk about idiocy. I came in during the course of my senior year at Washington State. At that time the WSU library had something over two million volumes. Did I ever go look up "Jehovah's Witnesses?"

However, I have to agree with the statement that intelligence, or knowledge, has anything to do with it. I was in a vulnerable place, I think that is what happens to most people that get pulled in.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'm of the belief that a person can be quite intelligent, but still be a freakin' idiot lol

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Jeff T and Morbidzbaby, yes. It has little if anything to do with actual intelligence. And even if it did, smart people do dumb things.

I stopped battling with that a couple years ago.

But if we can't kick ourselves and call ourselves idiots over this, we would drive ourselves crazy. It's a venting mechanism.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I was an idiot, somthing I didn't realize till after I laft. Morbidzbaby makes a valid point, js's are great in there mind only.

• AGuest
    AGuest

FOR BELIEVING IN THE JEHOVAH WITNESS RELIGION.

Count me in, to the extent I believed the religion (which wasn't 100% because it repeatedly didn't jive 100%). THANKFULLY... we woke up/were awakened (those of us that have).

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit