If I ran the WTS ...

by Simon 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

... and wanted to disrupt sites like this one and activities of 'apostates' in general, what would I do?

Would I send apologists who were obviously on the side of the WTS to spew out the typical WTS message, ones that would be quickly labelled and disagreed with? Maybe ... it would get people riled up. Result!

Would I send people to pretend to be legit but really criticize and undermine people who were trying to 'do' something in any way possible? Maybe ... I think that would work really well and either annoy people or put off people from being proactive. Result!

Or maybe I'd just sit back and laugh while those dumb-ass apostates did it all for me. Double result!

Who knows what people's motivations are, I just know there are people who actually *do* something and those who just like to be critical at every opportunity ... for some reason.

• stillin
    stillin

I love it here. YThe eclectic collection of people makes for good company and I don't have to speak with anybody I don't want to speak with. If I were running the WTS I would come here for a breath of fresh air!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

and yet the Apostate Congregation keeps growing and growing...... and this site and others have a lot to do with it.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Who knows what people's motivations are, I just know there are people who actually *do* something and those who just like to be critical at every opportunity ... for some reason.

Indeed.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Many people do *do* something but it's often done behind the scenes and with little fanfare.

Is this the WT all over again, where we have to put in reports of our activity to prove how "apostate" we are?

Everyone here has their merits. Just because some are more public than others doesn't make them better or more special.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The WTS isn't fit to criticize anything or anybody.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I think the critics of AndersonsInfo were just venting their frustrations at being duped once by sensationalists.

Syl

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Would I send people to pretend to be legit but really criticize and undermine people who were trying to 'do' something in any way possible? Maybe ... I think that would work really well and either annoy people or put off people from being proactive. Result!

That's certainly a possibility, but to pull it off would require a level of sophistication combined with brainwashing that only the very rare individual can possess.

I'm going to speak plainly - in the recent thread involving Barbara, the person who really caused the trouble was minimus, for having started the thread in the first place. I know Barbara, she can handle herself, but no one, and certainly not this forum, needs what minimus offers when he goes out of his way to dramatize conflict.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Minimus surely has practice starting threads! Quantity over quality is the modus operandi. Most are irrelevant to me as they are geared to the ex-JW crowd.

From the title of this thread, I was half-hoping to plan a WT coup! Simon could be the interim leader while I re-wrote the constitution, we'd stop disfellowshipping, the blood prohibition, the presses, and take the magazine online. A girl can dream!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Two-Third just broke it completely down!!!

Syl

• VIII
    VIII

I don't think anyone at the WTS would even have a Bethel boy come here. They would think he was Demon-eyezed afterward. LOL! ( I know my Mom is suspicious of me lately! )

<sigh>

Please peeps, just relax and be happy the word is getting out on WTS and quit shooting the messenger. Thank Al Gore the Internet was created!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit