The classic features of a JW wedding are:

by highdose 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we went to a wedding when we were kids when a brother in our cong married a Japanese sister whose family were absolutely loaded, the reception was held at The Selsdon Park Hotel one of the best 5 star hotels outside of London, the booze flowed like water and the food was amazing, funnily the was no incidents, a couple of years later another wedding was held in Morden Surrey and again the booze flowed like water and there was many drunken incidents the elders and MS' being the very worse culprits, and yep you've guessed it a Circuit Needs talk was given a short time after.

• Medina
    Medina

I was drunk on a MS wedding. I danced with the elders and all the sisters but they didnt noticed, maybe they did. Never heard anything about it, only got more and more ''priveleges''.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The brides mother boasts the young couple have always had a chaperone, never been alone together, have done all things as to Jehovah..............

Poor devils..........now their wed they get to REALLY know each other ........warts 'n all.

They'll then be told...Well you made your bed now you have to lie in it!!

• highdose
    highdose

Heartofaboy, yes and another classic feature is that the B&G don't know eachother at all! They won't have had any time or oppotunity to find out if they are even right for eachother. Just alot of peer presure and brainwashing in which they were told that if they both served the same publishing company then of course they will have a happy marriage!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I wonder what the marriage failure rate is within the WT Org among youngsters that marry under those circumstances, hightdose?

Most of the people I grew up with that married young in the 'truth' have seperated, divorced & now with a different partner.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

No classic "Here Comes The Bride" wedding march...

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

At one wedding I attended, we were all outside saying goodbye to the Bride and Groom as they drove away for their honeymoon. The Nazi Elder I've talked about before on this site, ran out and flagged them down. The car stopped and the Bride rolled the window down to see what he wanted. He said " I just wanted to let you two know that there's going to be a special talk tomorrow (Sunday) and you might want to be there. The Bride started laughing and said " For goodness sake....I'm going on my honeymoon" and rolled up the window.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

The Bride started laughing and said " For goodness sake....I'm going on my honeymoon" and rolled up the window.

WIN.

• Libelle
    Libelle

Right on. Yeah, all the JW weddings I've been to were about the same. Wow, is there no creativity? Dry reception - one was outside at a no frills park in freezing weather, and the couple did not make it clear that the reception would be outside. Way to go. Man, the Catholics party it up much better - there's always confession next Saturday if you partied it up too much. haha

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

When I married my ex - the wedding was at the KH and they charged me a hall rental, which I thought was ridiculous. I remember it was $400. No secular music - only kingdom melodies. One of my brides maids was privately reproved and she could not be on stage - even though it was private.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit