FDS says - "No need to check our work. Besides, it will only make God angry."

by Crisis of Conscience 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• irondork
    irondork

Julia Orwell: They reckon that once you determine the fds is valid, there is no reason to ever study more or change your mind.

This concept goes hand in hand with the JW practice of baptizing people in the name of the corporation. Once you have signed your life over to the Borg they own you.

Now shup up and get your butt back in the assembly line! Who the hell do you think you are?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A broken cog in the machine baby! Popped right off the axel and rolled down the road.

• BU2B
    BU2B

And what about 1 John 4:1

New Life Version

Dear Christian friends, do not believe every spirit. But test the spirits to see if they are from God for there are many false preachers in the world.

Really it should be obvious that things that are true have nothing to fear from falsehood, they even admitted this in their 69 WTs. This fact seems to escape JWs.

I think I will use these scriptures and those 69 Wt articles when the time comes to show others why I made an examination to begin with, instead of simply trusting the "faithful slave"

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

BU2B, scriptures do not mean what they say or apply in a logical way, as evidenced by the article in the opening post.

The WTBTS interprets as they see fit and/or convenient.

CoC

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My Lord & my God. That just leaves me with out words. I'm been serious here is someone having me on about the assembly hall contributions. I sincerely never knew or suspected that, and I used to feel bad that there was a shortfall.just amazing.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just curious but how do they get away with this - I'm talking legally here. Aren't they a charitable trust

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ye it's true. I never felt bad cuz I figured Jehovah would see to it so they shouldn't even have needed to ask.

• Crisis of Conscience

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit