FDS says - "No need to check our work. Besides, it will only make God angry."

by Crisis of Conscience 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Desirous- Paid off Assembly Halls is the pisser. No one is ever shown the Utility Bills. We expected water, gas, sewer, electricity plus maintenence costs but $6000.00-$8000.00 per weekend X 51 weeks per year? We were getting Hosed.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

@ DesirousOfChange - Before my awakening, I did wonder why it was so expensive to host an assembly/convention. But I never dreamed of questioning it.

After my awakening and finding out what really goes on, I wasn't surprised. I rarely contributed in the past, but I never did after that also.

@ awaken2004 - I completely agree with you.

@ designs - Hosed indeed.

CoC

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Let me get this straight, it's cool for the "Slave" to check on our conduct, but their conduct is beyond review?

00Dad: What kind of Circuit donations were driving you nuts, the $3,000 (Cost Of Goods Sold? Bethel Speaker Engagement) Bethelite visit (I am willing to gamble, BillytheEx, never got $3k (oops, donation) for speaking at a C.A.) that depleted our local Circuits funds It's a donation, not a speaking engagement fee (Bethel brother gets a few green hand shakes only, $400 bucks by kind hearted sheep, other expenses, plane fare, hotels, food, insurance, ect......blackhole ), to cover expenses of "everything"

Funds before Bethel Speaker and Donation to World War Work $5000

By Saturday 1:00 pm -$3500

"Brothers please, remember we know have a deficit that needs to be tended to, we know you will graciously open your wallets to cover these modest expense." The accounting reports brother Goober showed me, were as straight as six foot rattle snake.

Design: What Christological challenges did you dare send them? Did you know the W.D. 40 team, spam letters to the circuit, "Silly Rabbit!"

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Bubblegum Apotheosis - BINGO! I think you got it!

CoC

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

BUMP!

Purely just to read some apologist denials on this. LOL

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Wow, just Wow, how can they get away with blasphemy of this nature? St. Paul said the following:

There Is Only One Good News

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. [c] You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

10 Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Wow, just Wow, how can they get away with blasphemy of this nature? St. Paul said the following: GALATIANS 1:6

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. [c] You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

"

1 Corinthians 4

New Living Translation (NLT)

Paul's Relationship with the Corinthians

4 So look at Apollos and me as mere servants of Christ who have been put in charge of explaining God's mysteries. 2 Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. 3 As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don't even trust my own judgment on this point. 4 My conscience is clear, but that doesn't prove I'm right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.

5 So don't make judgments about anyone ahead of time-before the Lord returns. For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. Then God will give to each one whatever praise is due.

6 Dear brothers and sisters, [ a ] I have used Apollos and myself to illustrate what I've been saying. If you pay attention to what I have quoted from the Scriptures, [ b ] you won't be proud of one of your leaders at the expense of another. 7 For what gives you the right to make such a judgment? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

ÁrbolesdeArabia, your guess is as good as mine.

But somehow they manage to keep people believing, despite claiming a "deep study" of the Bible.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I recall an Watchtower or Awake article years ago entitled "An open or closed mind - which do you have?". That would be good to see in this thread.

Ray Franz discusses this hypocritical position of JW's - encouraging others to have an open mind about critiquing their own religion, but closing their own minds to anything critical of their own beliefs - in his book "In Search of Christian Freedom".

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They reckon that once you determine the fds is valid, there is no reason to ever study more or change your mind. Seriously, who in real life ever commits to something long term without reviewing the decision inthe light of changed circumstances or information you didn't have before? Do you stay in an investment without reviewing its results and performance regularly and if you receive damning info about it which was hidden to you when you joined, would you not study more and be able to decide to leave? Or is what you learned in primary school to never be progressed from? Once you believe that 2+2=4, can you never move on to algebra?

Bunch of twats. I also used to cringe at those money announcements at assemblies even when I was a full on Jw. Used to choof out to the loos so I didn't have to listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit