FDS says - "No need to check our work. Besides, it will only make God angry."

by Crisis of Conscience 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

So many Sunday's wasted getting brain slammed

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We can benefit from this consideration..

Another WBT$ Fantasy..

If we have once established what instrument God is using as his "slave" to dispense spiritual food to his people,.....

The WBT$ Says they are God`s Instrument so it must be true!..Why would they lie?..Just to stay in control of a Cult?

surely Jehovah is not pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful.

Evidently..There is no need for New Light

We should have confidence in the channel God is using.

Channel 0..

The Official.. "WBT$ WatchTard"..Network

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4b9a4f447f8b9aea1f010900-400-300/tv-station.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary

Outlaw: I can see the "noo lite" coming down from Jehover in thut thare picture!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Mary!!..

I had no Idea "New Light" was Fluorescent..

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/135769-from-the-console-to-the-tv-station-part-1/end1-620x.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

surely Jehovah is not pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful. We should have confidence in the channel God is using.

Wow. They have to TELL you what attitude you should have regarding information FROM THEMSELVES. Talk about covering their asses with THOUGHT CONTROL!

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Notice what the article said about the Boreans just a few paragraphs before....WTH!

w81 2/15 pp.18-19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?

. And with what mental attitude did they pursue their studies? With a skeptical attitude, trying to prove Paul wrong? No, they were altogether unlike Paul’s critics on Mars Hill, for we read that they heard Paul’s testimony with “the greatest eagerness of mind.”—Acts 17:11, 32.

These Beroeans listened with a readiness, yes, an eagerness, to believe. Thus not only were they open-minded, but they were wanting to have this “good news” proved true. In fact, for a person to acquire faith he must have “the will to believe.” If he is determined not to believe, then no amount of evidence will convince him; for if a person looks for them he can always find excuses, plausible reasons for not accepting the accountability that belief will bring upon him. As the apostle Paul well said: “Faith is not a possession of all people.” (2 Thess. 3:2) But the Beroeans had the will to believe. They considered what they heard with a receptive frame of mind. As a result, “many of them became believers, and so did not a few of the reputable Greek women and of the men.”—Acts 17:12.

Jesus’ disciples wrote many letters to Christian congregations, to persons who were already in “the way of the truth.” (2 Pet. 2:2) But nowhere do we read that those brothers first, in a skeptical frame of mind, checked the Scriptures to make certain that those letters had Scriptural backing, that the writers really knew what they were talking about.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Here is the concluding part of the paragraph mentioned at the beginning...this is the proof????

w812/15p.19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?

OURVIEW OF THE “SLAVE”

We can benefit from this consideration. If we have once established what instrument God is using as his “slave” to dispense spiritual food to his people, surely Jehovah is not pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful. We should have confidence in the channel God is using. At the Brooklyn headquarters from which the Bible publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses emanate there are more mature Christian elders, both of the “remnant” and of the “other sheep,” than anywhere else upon earth.

REALLY???? (Banging head against the wall)

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

@ MrMonroe - W69 3/15: "We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God’s Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination."

Unfortunately, (or is it fortunate? Ah! Whateva!) this does not apply to JW's. And yes, I'm confused now about the Beroeans also. LOL

@nugget - You mentioned feeling safer from God's wrath on the outside. Somewhat along the same lines, I once asked my wife in which way Jehovah would find me acceptable. Would it be as a fake believer within "his org", or as a truthful person outside the boundaries of "his org"? Well, I got no answer.

@punkofnice - Information control indeed.

@ Nellie - Once you believe they are the authority, there is no difficulty accepting things like what that article said. What is difficult is dealing with feelings that it is your fault for even questioning things.

@jwfacts - But the they are darn near close. Just a little more mind conditioning and ............

@ Mary - Such clear logic! You should be ashamed of yourself! LOL

@ Pika_Chu - Good point! It kind of reminds me how they tell us how refreshed we are after the ministry. And I'm thinking, I am? And suddenly it hits me. Oh yea! I am! 'Cuz they said so!!

@mythreesons - Thanks for bringing that out. I did a lot of reading last night and I remembered coming acoss the example of the Beroeans. I just didn't recall it was the same article because I got all shook up when I realized what they were saying about researching their products.

Thanks to all!

CoC

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination.

This is old light. Through their tireless searching of the Scriptures, the faithful slave has determined the Bible is not for us. It is written exclusively to them. We are on a need-to-know basis and it's the Governing Body's responsibility to tell us what we need to know. Just like in the 60s and 70s, we needed to believe the world was ending in 1975 so our lazy asses would go out and preach more. So, the Creator of the universe directed them to give us new light that would get Watchtowers - the new and improved Bible, dumbed down so we non-Spirit-directed other sheep can understand it - into the hands of the Armageddon fodder.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "And if you don't arrive at that conclusion despite reading their publications, is it then alright to consider the Watchtower's spiritual food as harmful? ..."

No, no, no, Crisis of Conscience!!

If you come to the conclusion that the Watchtower's "spiritual food" might be harmful AFTER reading it, then you are either a member of the "goat" class or an innate APOSTATE!!

It's NEVER their fault...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit