Ministerial Servant charged with soliciting sex

by pr0ner 57 Replies latest jw friends

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/sex-56219-officer-sting.html

This guy goes to a hall in Gastonia NC....I believe the South hall, it has split into four congregations now but back in the day he went to the south. His Dad was a very respected elder in the hall. Anyways he is currently a MS. My brother and I were discussing who we thought might be gay and living a double life, I said this guy's brother and my brother said, "no more like Brian, he is a freak" he then went on to tell me a story about going to Carowinds with a group of young girls and he was being very "creepy" around the young girls...of course it looks like he is either bi or gay now so who knows. Anyways how funny.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

"soliciting a crime against nature"? Why did they arrest him exactly?

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Cause it's backwards Gastonia, they still think that being gay is a crime.

• jamiebowers
  • CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Sounds like Elder material to me!

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

First of all, I'm relieved the arrest wasn't for soliciting a minor for sex.

It's sad, really, that we live in a society where a man (or woman) has to spend their entire life pretending to be somebody they're not. We can thank the Bible and religion for that. If we strip away homophobia, free ourselves from bigotry, stop reading the Bible from a heterosexual point of view, then we would realize and accept that homosexuality is only unnatural for heterosexuals. For homosexuals, however, it is the most natural thing in the world. This poor guy has suffered his entire life fighting something he cannot help, something he should not be made to fight against, that is, HIS own nature. Repression and bigotry leads to circumstances where men made to live in the closet have to resort to doing things like this, in the dark, against the law . . .

Wow, "against the law". Heterosexuals are not arrested for hooking up at a bar or club. They are not penalized for getting naked after meeting off of a dating site.

This is not something we should view as a gotcha moment as if to judge this JW for hypocrisy. Sure, he is a hypocrite, however, he would not have to be a hypocrite if he were free to live his life out in the open free from the condemnation of Bible-thumpers and haters.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

How true PC.....I feel sorry for the guy. I too have the same fight against my nature.

• steve2
    steve2

So, let's get this straight: A police officer poses undercover with the express intent of "catching" men who want to have sex with other men. What a waste of valuable police resources. What a backward country the USA is! Arresting a male adult who wanted to meet other male adults for mutually consensual sex. Whose business is it? Now, the homophobes and anti-JWs will come out in full force making fun of the poor bastard. Talk about vultures feeding off other people's misfortunes.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    Now, the homophobes and anti-JWs will come out in full force making fun of the poor bastard. Talk about vultures feeding off other people's misfortunes.

Think of all the work this guy put in to becoming a MS, if the above information is correct. Not only does he now face fines and/or jail time, probation, perhaps registry as a sex offender, but the humiliation of his secret becoming public knowledge in the congregation, disfellowshipping, and becoming a pariah to his friends and family . . . who knows, maybe even a wife and children. This is an instance where Law, both State and Biblical, is piss-poor excuse for morality, and only serves to crush a man’s spirit.

I too have the same fight against my nature.

I hope you don't live in North Carolina.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

OMG! They arrested Michael Chiklis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit