STOP being naive - the time has come to use your PRIMAL SENSES

by Dogpatch 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Dear realight2

I am not anti-Russell. I could have been him, considering my mental makeup at his age. I am not a "better" man than he. And frankly, I have not paid much attention to "dirt" on him, as he is no different than you or I in our ancient predatory natures. That is natural to life on this earth... I do not see it as "sin." Is a lion a sinner because he needs to kill gazelles to sustain his family? There is no absolute good or evil in the universe that I have seen.

If I see evidence of corruption and intentional harm to others on Russell's, then I would attack him. That's MY primal nature. I hate bullies. Rutherford asnd Knorr were a blight on our human race.

That is my opinion. That doesn't make me better than you.

I see the evil of men who get together and form organizations, that through subtle politics, bring real harm to others. I actually visualize the day when the Bible Students will increase at the gradiated demise of the modern day farce called the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of PA. Why? Not because of doctrine, but because they are very kind, warm people. I have a few friends there. People don't join religions because of doctrine, but because of what it offers them to survive. And for friends to share a glass of wine with, to contemplate their smallness in the universe, and laugh, and joke, and enjoy our short time on earth.

yours truly,

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Alias: I will enlist the help of Michael Langone of ICSAhome.org to obtain scholarly information on that. I have no expertise in that area,

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you Randy for reminding us that most of the discussion here about questions & authority of WT dogma is a waste of time.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Good on ya Moshe!

Randy

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

"..If a million people believe in a stupid thing for a hundred years it's STILL a stupid thing."(Mark Twain)

Jesus second coming in 1914 (Jehovah Witness),Jesus came to America with golden plates (Mormons), Muhammad ascended to heaven on a flying horse (Islam)....

• Violia
    Violia

I think you may be right about the Bible students,Rusellites ( as they came to be called) . They were a much kinder group. They allowed for dissent and discussion. They did not practice most of the things we hate about jws, not allowing use of blood, shunning. They celebrated the holidays and a lot of them smoked. you could be inactive and still be considered a member- just needing assistance. They used to take that idea of helping fatherless children, widows, the poor , etc more seriously.; I know this b/c my family goes back a long way in the org. It was until the 70's I saw a clear and definite change. it began in the 60's but steam rolled over us in the 70's. The org I grew up in was a a much more forgiving and merciful organization. I liked that org. The bible students,etc, are still and end time apocalyptic org that promotes separateness from the rest of the world, however.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Randy - I dust perceive you are lifting your leg on the tree called "principle-centered" living. There are still people out there who will die for a cause and they are not naive or minus common sense either. It appears to me you have been bitten by the PRIMAL SENSES bug but everything does not boil down to just instinctual behavior unless of course you are a dog. (And I think too highly of you to place you in that category so maybe we just better label me a lover of naivety - I'll happily wear that banner and continue deluding myself I actually worship in spirit and that truth can be found minus dog poop and grisly old bones.)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good thread, Randy...

And...

What Nicolau said...

"I don't want to hijack or divert your topic so I'll bow out here, but perhaps I could just ask a simple question before I do.
    Why is the WT's teaching that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C 'quacky' but the Bible's teaching that a dead man came back to life to be trusted? ..."

Of course, I go beyond that...

Why believe in a "god" that only came along within the last 3,000 - 4,000 years?? Especially when there are deities/religions that are far, far older...

Why believe in the "Johnny-come-lately" deity - er, deities, instead of the oldest ones, if one MUST believe in a "magical" deity at all??

Zid

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit