STOP being naive - the time has come to use your PRIMAL SENSES

by Dogpatch 68 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Not really. Common sense is not enough by itself. You need to investigate and educate yourself quite a bit before you can determine that the Watchtower organization plagiarized and embellished their stories from other sources.

I think the Toto Illustration explains the process you are referring to. The primal sense is, in his case, his nose. He didn't have to act on his sense, but he did because he didn't have any reason not to since he was not afraid. The process of educating ourselves could be compared to Toto's act of pulling the curtain back. For us, it happens much slower than it did for Toto.

-Sab

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Dear Randy, Thank you for your object lesson. My problem and I am sure of many others is being born-in. Our frame of reference is only of the cult. So I can see why we get hung up on some of these subjects. I agree with what you say. I know with logic that their teachings make no sense but there are those times mostly at night with only my thoughts in my head the cult thinking kicks in. At first I begin to wonder what the hell am I doing, then I come back to reality. I agree with sabstious statement years in the cult, years to get over it. Well I am 56 years old and a born-in. Does that mean I will have to live to 112 to finally get over it? Hopefully not. I will start being more like Toto and use my nose more. The educating of myself is still going on but my conviction that this is a cult is stronger than ever. I hope I am not naive but if I am I will start using my primal senses even more. Totally ADD

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Well I am 56 years old and a born-in. Does that mean I will have to live to 112 to finally get over it?

How many years did it take for them to fully convince you to bow to the Governing Body? That's probably about the time it will take to deprogram yourself.

-Sab

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It isn't coincidence that people are required to study WT publications on a one-to-one basis. They "teachers" need to slowly indoctrinate them into giving up their common and primal senses.

It isn't a coincidence that the WTS has no discussion forum on its website or even an email link to ask them question or request books. The indoctrination won't work if the people are reading the literature on their own. It has to be spoon fed to them so that common and primal senses are overcome.

good read Randy.

I don't think I have ever gotten into discussing doctrine. It has never interested me and I don't think that is the way to overcome the indoctrination.

But the behavior, the way they treat people, the mind control and human nature. For me that is what people need to undo the crap.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I walked ourselves out of the JW world one winter back in the mid 1960's. No internet. No anti JW book's that I knew about. No bible reading or study. I found two books .............The True Believer by Eric Hoffer which explained the workings and motivations of organizations and their believers (which served to show me what was behind the curtain) and the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich which proved conclusively, to me, that there was no god, hence the bible was meaningless. I also knew that the Blood transfusion issue was a death trap. Common sense told me it was a really nasty belief with no proof. And Armageddon and the slaughter of innocents was a sham.

Once you rip apart the delusion and replace it with Common Sense you'll never feel intimated again. Objectively once you see something that looks like crap and smells like crap do you have to get down on your knees and taste it to be really really sure? Think about the book of Mormon or Christian Scientists or Scientology. Most of us don't need to taste it to convince ourselves what it is.

The reason most people leave the JW world is because of a serious slight or wrong, being needlessly embarrassed, seeing someone else abused, the banality of the beliefs and teachings, the anti education stance etc. And why are those circumstances so powerful.......... because it triggers our common sense.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The educating of myself is still going on but my conviction that this is a cult is stronger than ever.

The Watchtower is much like a magician who has had his magic tricks debunked. They are powerless to deceive you anymore, but their power, you speak of, comes from the people who don't know the trick yet who are still under their control.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But the behavior, the way they treat people, the mind control and human nature. For me that is what people need to undo the crap.

You are totally correct. You can't win playing their own game because they are experts at doctrinal pretzel logic.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Once you rip apart the delusion and replace it with Common Sense you'll never feel intimated again.

A very simple and elegant way to put it.

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

" My husband thinks that is the craziest thing he's ever heard."

Hey Mrs. Jones, don't forget they are crazy on their stance of higher education too

I make it a point to inform people that the WTS does not encourage higher education

and in this day and time people think that's crazy, and I give them the reasons why

according to the WTS,

I always make note to say " they do not encourage" because

that is what I can prove with their own literature, JW's lie to worldy people

about higher education and say they are all for it and then tell of college educated

people in their hall. but they don't tell you that these JW's bucked the system

to go to college

• pontoon
    pontoon

I believe the most effective tactic the borg uses is presenting BOTH sides to an issue in such a way that the unsuspecting or believing reader does not even think about questioning the accuracy of the opposing veiwpoint. When the duped reader is done with the article they put the mag done thinking that they researched or the borg researced that topic fully and the borg's conclusion is the only possible correct one. It would be like how the insurance companies advertise that they will 'compare rates' for you. They always say study, research, and meditate, their trick is that they print SO much that the witnesses think that going to the volumns, insight, or other Wat. publication is real research. Its not. The defense lawyer can't also be the prosecutor. They are masters at how they do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit