by Dogpatch 68 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

marking

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Villalobo,

You say,

Primal and common senses should tell anyone that the WTS. (Publishing company) plagiarized and embellished stories to attract the publics attention.

Not by a long shot... respectfully. Most people are very poor at using "common sense", which can be likened to the first matrix (pattern) you apply to the situation at hand by your physical senses and basic common knowledge of how charletans work. ESPECIALLY since people and small children WANT to believe in miracles; but they have no simple defensive tools embedded in their genes to identify many dangers; a sense that comes natural to animals without even being trained at times. Humans have to be trained a lot of things that come natural to animals. That is why I ALWAYS recommend reading a book about why people get into cults and what gets them out, like Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan. Otherwise you miss the cues of charletanism and start listening to their argument, and pretty soon the argument sounds like the truth. Know what to look for in a religion first, good and bad. Once these matrices are applied, and there are still questions involving the Bible or doctrrine, these can be addressed and SHOULD be if there are any doubts. I do not disparage the value of analytical review or the principles of hermeneutics and interpretation as espoused by Bernard Ramm and others as applied to the Bible. I have gained great respect for a lot of great men ands women who address such topics.

But most average people bypass the primal warnings and blindly ruin the rest of their lives, if deception and discernment are not taught properly. Never put the cart before the horse.

A working knowledge of the primal nature of man (call it sin or deception or whatever) should be made before you bother to consider it any further. A multitude of psychological experiences over the years, especially using magicians (even Christian magicians like Danny Korem), demonstrate this self-deception all too regularly.

To use a metaphor, you have to step into the Twilight Zone, temporarily, in order to meet the person with his erroneous beliefs and draw him out into the real world.

I agree. :-))

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

to TotallyADD

Born-ins are a different subject and requires different tools, yes. Perhaps we will discuss that soon.

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Giordano says,

My wife and I walked ourselves out of the JW world one winter back in the mid 1960's. No internet. No anti JW book's that I knew about. No bible reading or study. I found two books .............The True Believer by Eric Hoffer which explained the workings and motivations of organizations and their believers (which served to show me what was behind the curtain) and the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich which proved conclusively, to me, that there was no god, hence the bible was meaningless. I also knew that the Blood transfusion issue was a death trap. Common sense told me it was a really nasty belief with no proof. And Armageddon and the slaughter of innocents was a sham.

Once you rip apart the delusion and replace it with Common Sense you'll never feel intimated again. Objectively once you see something that looks like crap and smells like crap do you have to get down on your knees and taste it to be really really sure? Think about the book of Mormon or Christian Scientists or Scientology. Most of us don't need to taste it to convince ourselves what it is.

The reason most people leave the JW world is because of a serious slight or wrong, being needlessly embarrassed, seeing someone else abused, the banality of the beliefs and teachings, the anti education stance etc. And why are those circumstances so powerful.......... because it triggers our common sense.

Bravo! Right on my friend.

Randy

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Randy, I just love the way you have been able to keep your attention, or should I say gun sight, fixed on the WT all these years, you don't seem to get bored with it all, and you seem to have the ability to help many people to find their way after leaving the W.T

Well done, there are a lot more "Freeminds" out here in the free world because of your efforts.

Just one caveat, you must be careful with your Cult of Dog, you could attract a lot of dyslexics looking for the Cult of god.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I went to a conference on Satanism, Deception and Discernment at Berkeley in the mid-80s. The whole idea was to show us how easily the average person is deceived. Danny Korem did a card trick and told the adience beforehand that this was NOT a supernatural trick in any way. After he performed the amazing sleight-of-had, he asked the audience how many REALLY DID think it was supernatural. As he had predicted beforehand, about one-third of the audience still thought so!

I have seen this phenomena over and over.

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Wobble says,

Thanks Randy, I just love the way you have been able to keep your attention, or should I say gun sight, fixed on the WT all these years, you don't seem to get bored with it all, and you seem to have the ability to help many people to find their way after leaving the W.T

[It's not that difficult if you spend time studying certain aspects of human nature/psychology/social anthropology. People are pretty simple and come in 13 models, being churned out by millions from the Cylons. Each model has a new and more complex processor, but give them a strong Margarita or a few beers and trick the secrets out of them. Then insult them! (That was for you Basttlestar Galactica Fans - my favorite series to date). ]

Well done, there are a lot more "Freeminds" out here in the free world because of your efforts.

I rarely get anyone "out" on my own. It is as group effort and usually takes time - sometimes a long time.. If you go to my website, you will see the pictures of my dear friends who help me. But Thank you!

People used to ask me how many I helped leave the Watch Tower when I visited the churches. It was one of the most irritating questions I ever got, besides "Why aren't you married?" But I was polite: I told them it was my secret auditing sessions and the E-meter, and the fact that I had reached level OT7 and could clone a wife anytime).

Just one caveat, you must be careful with your Cult of Dog, you could attract a lot of dyslexics looking for the Cult of god.

I already have! Jehovah Dog! He will run the evangelistic dept. with all his tribal charm.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Randy

On your recent topic ''THE EVER-CHANGING WATCHTOWER DOCTRINES BETRAY ITS CORRUPTION''you said:

''If I had never gone to work at Bethel, their worldwide headquarters in Brooklyn, I might never have met the powers that be that control the operations of this religion, and the sly tricks they used to deceive their own followers.''

Now you say that we all need to stop being naive and use our common sense. Do you think you would of come to your senses if you never worked at Bethel? Do you see how everyone of us were fooled by this manmade organization with madeup rules and doctrines?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sorry Randy I just can't resist to tell you this joke. What does a dyslexic atheist believe? There is no Dog. LOL Sorry I know this is a very serious subject. Totally ADD

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Rules,

Yes, that is why I got out 30 years ago and studied all this stuff with the anti-cult masters before they passed away. No one else was applying it to Jehovah's Witnesses. It was just Christians using their Bibles. Some did a very good job! I don't disparage that, but it never addresses the root issues of your inner motivations.

I'm sorry if my title sounds like a rebuke; I just like to catch your attention. :-))

Plus the fact that I had the unique experience of being a Foursquare pastor for several years after, visiting all manner of churches, which most of you would never do. I would never look down on a person who hasn't had opportuntiy or the time to learn this. These are the shortcuts that work that exit-counselors use, who have 3-5 days to get a person out of a cult, and initiallly 10 minutes to make friends with the devil or the're gone. (I was, of course, the devil).

So I share them with you. And I'm happy to do so.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit