I ended up in the back room of the KH today

by Nobleheart 62 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Nobleheart (good name - I am sure that you have one)

Pioneers always get more attention, they are the elite vanguard ministers - so if you wish to keep some association with family and others I would resign from the pioneer service. The elders are half expecting this. In fact a pioneer who does not support the group ministry activity or Service Meetings is of little use to them and will be seen as a "problem". We had one like that and although I believe she was doing her hours, she was asked to step down or be removed.

Any excuse will do, depression, secular work problems, having to survive financially, physical health..............etc. You do not need to be detailed , just tell them.

Once you are off the radar then it will be easier to do a slow fade and drift away without losing your loved ones . Good Luck..

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

@ Was New Boy - I'm happy you and your 2 children are out. Good for you!

@ Palmtree 67 & OTWO - Thanks for the good wishes. I also wish you all the best!

@ Outlaw - As usual, your posts are hilarious. Thanks for bringing a laughter to every reader here.

@ I quit - Fortunately I'm not a born in and never isolated myself from "worldlies" considering them as "bad association". I've got friends and relatives who support me. It's my immediate family I'm having a hard time with.

@ BluesBrother - Good point. They kind of touched on that. Pioneers not working as a single unit. What about preaching for 2 reasons: love of God and men? Unfortunately it's for the most part a show.

I'll keep you posted when I send in my DA letter and if I ever hear anything back.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

You said:

“They suggested how I could improve my attendance at these meetings, I shouldn't isolate myself but work together with the cong. And they asked a number of times if everything was okay, if there was any problem.

I said everything was okay :-( and I'm not proud of that.”

Ah shucks you should not let that bother you at all, those Turd headed elders have been trained by Borg mother ship to get everyone to obediently go into the their little back room full of stupid books and men in lousy suits and be brow beaten by their bull shit. I am proud of myself now that used my intestinal fortitude to just sit there at the table in their star chamber; and just simply grin at them when they kept asking me probing personal questions. I remember one elder becoming perturbed at me and said brother (Hootie), you should be cooperating with Jehovah’s judicial arrangement you have been in the truth most of your life. I said yeah, and that has been a waste of my precious time making bricks for Pharaohs in New York City, all for what? I still remember, basically they all said to me that such an attitude will be stumbling to many others in the congregation, at that I said: well” I hope they follow me down, and I got up and put on my leather jacket and said I am going to go drink a beer and shoot some pool. Adios.

• Mat
    Mat

Hi Noble heart, my two-pennuth:

You don't owe them the truth, and they should be greatful you are turning up at all! If you say you are doing the ministry they have no right to question your word!

You leave when you feel, and by whatever method you feel. Personally I reccomend you just simply fade away without any letter or anything. It affords you opportunities to talk to other doubting witnesses both family and non family, while if you make it formal they will all be conditioned in to not talking to you.

Before I left I actually stopped doing the ministry, but I clocked 1 hour each month. They knew I wasn't doing it, and I knew they knew, but they didn't bother question me. It's a long story. But I didn't have any family in it. I can imagine that would complicate things much more.

You are doing right waiting for the right time to leave with as little fuss as possable.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    @ jamiebowers - I wish it was so easy. Our congo is quite hardcore and if I simply left, refused to meet or talk, that'd be considered brazen conduct. I didn't want any negative announcements or gossip, which is why I put up with it.

Unless you buck up and do everything you're told to do, there will be negative announcements and gossip. From what I've been hearing that's going on at the elders school, I'm surprised you haven't already been removed from the pioneer list, what with you going to graduate school. And the gossip will never end whether or not you da or are df'd or simply inactive. Being out for more than 20 years, I know things will work out well for you. But please realize that there is no honorable way out of a cult. It's designed that way for a reason.

• flipper
    flipper

NOBLEHEART- I totally hear what you're saying, been there done this myself being interrogated by elders in a back room. Isn't it amazing they have NO human empathy or real emotions to see how uncomfortable this makes you ? It's because the JW cult has stolen aLL normal human empathetic and compassionate emotions away from them ! Now - They are just programmed robots put forth to do a job- find out who's faithful to the WT society and who isn't. Spiritual policemen of sorts.

If you wish to DA it's your choice - however if you have JW family who you are still close to and wish to stay in touch with- you might want to reconsider the DA thing. but hey, it's YOUR decision and only a decision that YOU can make and live with. I too wish you the best my friend

• rebel8
    rebel8

So basically you're turning in fs reports as if you're really doing it but you're not? I think that's cool. We had a reg pio who did that for years I think--he said he couldn't do his hours during normal times b/c of work constraints.

What I did is just stop turning in my reports & attending mtgs. They called me to a mtg in the back rm. I went under duress b/c I was still living w/jw relatives & couldn't afford to move out.

Anyhoo. They asked why I'm not participating & I said I don't want to (repeated that about a dozen times or so b/c they kept asking for a reason). They asked if I had engaged in any of the 785,432,443 df'ing sins and I said no. They asked if I wanted to DA myself and I said nope. They really pushed me to DA but I refused.

I had no intention of giving them the satisfaction of playing by their rules.

I think that really screwed with their heads. Later they said the wts said I had to turn in my pioneer ID card and were really frantic about getting it back from me. I took my own sweet time. I said, what's the rush, it's a piece of paper with my name typed on it--not the keys to Fort Knox. It's not like I'm going to go around showing it to people anyway.

What losers!

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

Nobleheart,

A few thoughts from someone who was in the Cult for twenty years. I was a lay preacher from the age of 13 to the age of 15 when the Watchtower cult got their claws in me. I traveled all over the southeast preaching at churches by hitchhike.

I loved God, a lot.

Field Service always was a problem for me, because to me the purpose of Field Service was to share God's love with people who had not had the opportunity to experience it. I never asked for money in the Field Service. I oftentimes just took a Bible and didn't even offer the books/magazines. I was lectured about this a lot and I would always just say "It isn't up to you what I tell other people about God".

The change from the sales of Watchtower and Awake magazines to the mandatory voluntary offering is what convinced me to quit. I remember this very well, the admonition that we stop selling literature and instead ask for a voluntary donation to cover the cost of the literature. AND, when we picked up the literature we had to make a "voluntary" contribution in the contribution box, and then if a householder took literature we sprung the "would you like to make a voluntary donation to cover the costs of the literature that I just gave you?" scam on the householder.

The night that they announced this, I have never been so upset in my life. There was a question and answer going on and I raised my hand and said "So, let me make sure I understand this. We first pay for the magazines or books when we pick them up by making a voluntary donation, and then if a householder takes any literature we ask for a voluntary donation for the liaterature that we already paid for? Excuse me but this is a scam, there is nothing voluntary about it". They turned my mic off and tried to force me to stop talking. But, I refused and I said "I'm sorry, but this is extremely dishonest and you have to explain it to me in a way that makes sense with Christianity".

That was the last meeting I went to. I am not disfellowshipped, nor did I disassociate myself. I just quit going.

This is what I would recommend to you. Not that my opinion means much. I would just stop going and tell friends why and tell the elders that I don't want to talk to them about it. The elders in my case knew exactly why I didn't want to talk to them about it, they just spread the lies. The people who have already marked you or whatever they call it now as an apostate are just hard hearted Pharisees. True love does not behave that way. What does it matter what hateful liars do? See, here is how I see it. They call themselves Christains. But 1 John 4:8 says "God is love" and the Bible says that we are supposed to imitate God. And then you come along and instead of showing you love they brand you with the worst insult they can lay on you. Hypocrites.

Family members who love you more than they love these hypocritical liars will still love you, and those that reject you don't love you, so why worry about them?

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Isn't it amazing they have NO human empathy or real emotions to see how uncomfortable this makes you ? It's because the JW cult has stolen aLL normal human empathetic and compassionate emotions away from them ! Now - They are just programmed robots put forth to do a job- find out who's faithful to the WT society and who isn't. Spiritual policemen of sorts.

Repitition for emphasis

Luvonyall

• Soledad
    Soledad

Nobleheart; I feel you will be one of those rare individual

that will walk and never look back.

Those types of individuals aren't so rare, they're just rarely remembered in a positive light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit