I ended up in the back room of the KH today

by Nobleheart 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy
    I'll keep you posted when I send in my DA letter and if I ever hear anything back

Make sure you make a copy of your letter for yourself!

Snoozy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just tell them it all leaves you feeling very, very empty. Then let out a big sighhhhh and then cry until you are enveloped by body rocking sobs. Then call someone to take you home. Make them feel empathy and deep concern for you.

• shepherd
    shepherd

"So yeah, I've cheated big time on the service reports since I realized the Watchtower is a fraud."

I know from reading the other posts that I am firmly in a minority, but I don't think it's cool that you are lying, at all. If you don't want to be a pioneer, do the honorable thing and resign. The elders are gong to keep on your case as long as you have placed yourself - yes, placed yourself - in the spotlight.

I pioneered. The odd thing was I hated doing it too and it was a relief when I stopped. But lying? That's the cowards way out, imho. And at the moment it's not only the Watchtower that is a fraud, you are too.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

I just dont feel like retyping my history but i pioneered for 5 years came off list 2.5 years ago and then 14 month ago stepped down from being an elder and the last 3.5 month 0 field service time. feel like u dont wont to lie to the nieghbors. feel a bit betrayed but still love the friends 95 % just are blinded believers. But when u dont bielieve most shit like me, but agree that we should be kind and loving the simple stuff that jesus taught, and we can give them more credit than most religions on that matter the other lies just freek it all up and u realize i can be a pretty good person without religion and if thats still not good enough for god if there really is one then he can suck my big toe. Its hard for me cause i wanna DS myself but im marrier to a blind believer, her mom owns the tenament we live in. I cant have a spiritual conversation with the friends in the truth that i love and now they love me because theres to manny lies, and I have a number of family members in the lie. Many friends tell me I used to be so encouraging to them. It sad but though i did it out of love i was only baby sitting

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I wish you all the best Nobleheartx

I hope you make the decision to qiut and just do it, the longer this goes on the longer you hurt yourself in the long run. Also, it just gives them opportunity to gossip, slander, and start the smear campaign. Dont be around when that happens.....you dont need to. Please let us know how you get on, we are all rooting for you. Much Love, Paula x

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

we are all rooting for you

Translation for Americans: we are all cheering you on

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Broken Promises! Forget sometimes about the language thing! Just off for a cup of rosie lee, then going up the apples and pears to hit the pit. We ALL talk like Dick Van Dyke over here....hahaha...not. x

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Elder interrogations always reminded me of Sgt. Barnes from Platoon...

"Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one."

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Thanks everyone for the support.

@flipper - Your personal experience with the elders is right on, they are programmed to do things a certain way. I really wish there was an easier, quieter way to leave, but I know that's impossible.

@ rebel8 - wow, I know i wouldn't be able to do that! But good for you for standing up to them. (it does mess with their heads)

@ lifeisgood - i'm impressed someone would speak up like you and have the mic being turned off. They call themselves Christian but their actions speak otherwise. Great comment: " Family members who love you more than they love these hypocritical liars will still love you, and those that reject you don't love you, so why worry about them?" I wish it were that simple, these people are no longer themselves...

@ shepherd - I agree fully with you. I don't think it's cool or I don't think that cheating about the hours is right at all.

When I first did it, I was just so angry and disappointed with the org that I didn't give it a second thought. I will not keep it up, since I'll disassociate in a short while. (btw When I signed up to pioneer I didn't do it to be in the spotlight - it was actually my dream career until the new system. But when I made that commitment I didn't even have 1/10 of the entire picture for the org).

I appreciate your honesty!

@ The Love Doctor - You must have been going through hard times coming down from pioneer and elder. I can also relate to your love for the brothers/sisters.

@ Pams girl - Thanks girl! I also wish you all the best You know I'm so glad you escaped in time.

@ Broken promises - lol. Thanks for the English-English translation. English isn't my 1st language but I got what Pams girl meant.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Personally, I don't understand the fear of losing false friends, fake brothers, and louses who happen to be relatives. I'm still technically in, but I've chosen to shun those who are unsavory. Bible counsel indicates "quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is... an idolater" - 1Cor 5:11 When someone openly worships a publishing company, that's all I need to know. When they elevate a magazine above the Bible, they betray themselves.

I refuse to buy into this garbage that only elders get to decide who is and isn't worthy association. Each of us has a mind and a conscience we are individually responsible for. If Paul knew he wasn't master over fellow Christians' faith (1Cor 1:24), certainly some uneducated, idolatrous sycophant in a Wal-Mart suit isn't, either.

So many on these forums are concerned about being "in" or "out". Why the obsession with a human group and their perceptions? This is not the real life (1Tim 6:19). Just know the truth, from the Scriptures, and do that. Know the Gospel and the Way, stand firmly for it, and preach it. If you catch flack from elders about it, you are suffering for Jesus. I've had elders repeatedly try to force me to preach WT dogma and I flatly refuse. They try to "counsel" me, but I don't care; they're neither my Leader, nor my Lord.

The entire goal of the constant barrage of idolatrous articles and elders demanding total submission is to condition us into fear of men. When we worry about what they'll say, do, or think about us then they win. So many are "living double lives", going through the motions, and making appearances; for what? For glory before men? There is no reward for that outside of a pat on the back from someone who can't save you (Mat 6:1-21, Psa 146:3).

Whether you're a "good Witness", kissing up and looking busy when the C/O comes or you're a "bad Witness", hiding your contempt for unscriptural teachings, the result is the same: You're not making a stand for Christ or 'doing all things for God' (1Cor 10:31). Acting out of fear for what other people might think about us leads to the same ends as the gross sins people on these forums claim to hate (Jer 17:5).

"But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and fornicators and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur." - Rev 21:8

So, you notice the idolatry and the lies? Great. You cower and hide from the elders and other JWs? Then you are a coward and without faith and your portion is exactly the same, so what is the point? Just like them, you are living your life for the here and now. Your reward is paid in full and you have nothing more coming for your trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit