DON'T pray for the victims of the Japanese earthquake/tsunami disaster.

by nicolaou 50 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It might make YOU feel better but praying will do THEM no good at all. NOTHING!

Please, please consider donating to a legitimate disaster relief charity. Here in the U.K. I'd recommend ShelterBox, perhaps some U.S posters could suggest other credible American organisations?

Nic'

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I will pray for them with all of my heart. You can argue with doctrine. But you can't argue with what Jesus has done in my life through prayer. We all should pray for those poor people.

AND we should donate to the worthy cause of helping them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not trying to get on top of this grenade of a thread.

Good luck with that, Nicolaou.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I would recomend donating to the world wide work of jehocahs witnesses, who at the direction of the governing body, is no doubt already shipping millions of pounds of liturature to the worst hit areas. The governing body is going to care for the most important need those people have, their need for cult indoctrination. Just wait till u see allllll the positive result the preaching work will have on millions of japanesse refugees. In fact the earthquake and resulting tsunami may have been jahs way of waking people up to the times of the end.

And yes nic, i have prayed for them. I asked hank repeatly to look out for all those folks. He hasnt gotten back to me yet, and he didnt do anything to prevent it, but im sure hes taking the whole situation under advisement. And of course, we need not worry about all who died or will still die as a result. They already have gotten their million dollars.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thousands of "scams" go online right after natural disasters - alert!!

Here's one with a listing,, but please still research!! At least, obviously "Watchtower" is not listed!!!

http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopics/JapanTsunami2011.html

• free2beme
    free2beme

Awesome topic! As prayer is a simply uneducated man's way of thinking they did something and useless. As if you realize this one point, ...

"You prayed the world would be a safer place, at peace ... in the last month, earthquake, wars, etc. Continued on!!!"

... your prayers are not working. So now that there is a major world event ... get out and do something real to help it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I believe in both.

When you pray, it is supposed to move you to action.

I actually don't pray and haven't in about 5 years, but I believe in whatever gets people off their asses and helping others.

If prayer works for some to move them to action, then I'm all for it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I light candles and that helps remind me that I have an obligation to others.

Hey, it works for me and makes others happy that at least my thoughts are with them, even if I can't do diddly squat for them.

It makes them feel not so alone, but you have to tell them you did it.

They can't read your mind.

• free2beme
    free2beme

As an added thought, most people in Japan are not Christians. So, be a good Christian, and admit they went to hell or are being punished by God. Doesn't feel good reading that, does it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The safest bets in regards to donations are the organizations that are ALWAYS there, liek Red Cross, Doctors without borders, Habitat for Humanity and groups liek that.

You can also get in touch with the Japanese embassy or consulate and they will give you info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit