DON'T pray for the victims of the Japanese earthquake/tsunami disaster.

by nicolaou 50 Replies latest social current

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

nicolaou,

Your entitled to your opinions but f.y.i. I am neither pathetic nor superstitous. And, me thinks the one calling others names for not agreeing with HIS beliefs (or non beliefs for that matter) is actually the immature one. But maybe thats just me. So I'll get "off my knees" when you get off your high horse. Lilly

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Dear lovelylil

I didn't call you pathetic, don't personalise this. I called the attempts to justify superstitious nonsense pathetic and I think that has been borne out by the comments on this thread.

Who, of the many advocates for prayer, has answered any of the serious questions posted here? No-one.

SweetBabyCheezits: "If you pray for Japan, will your god aid those who reject the concept of his existence?"

Undercover: "Since over 80% of Japanese people profess no religious affliation and over 60% don't believe in God, just who will you prayerful people pray to?"

cyberjesus: "praying didnt help the Japanese before the tsunami, what makes you think that it will help after it?"

me: "Your god isn't going to do it (provide practical help) is he?"

And yes, sometimes you need to get on bloody great big horse!

• tec
    tec

"If you pray for Japan, will your god aid those who reject the concept of his existence?"

Why not? God answers the prayers of the saints (the anointed; those who belong to Christ, those who have faith enough to believe in what they have asked).

"Since over 80% of Japanese people profess no religious affliation and over 60% don't believe in God, just who will you prayerful people pray to?"

Same answer as above, I guess. I will pray to my God.

"praying didnt help the Japanese before the tsunami, what makes you think that it will help after it?"

This I don't know. I didn't even know about the tsunami until after it happened. But who is to say that there were no prayers answered?

"Your god isn't going to do it (provide practical help) is he?"

He may certainly do so... we just might not recognize or acknowledge the kind of help offered. As for practical and monetary help, aren't we supposed to be helping one another? If we (humanity) have the power to help, then we absolutely should.

Some people can't though. Some people have only prayers to offer.

Tammy

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

lovelylil, I recalled that we'd touched on this before and I was right. It was a good 4 years ago but it was an interesting discussion and we were both much nicer to each other.

Have you ever had a prayer answered?

• superpunk
    superpunk

God answers the prayers of the saints (the anointed; those who belong to Christ, those who have faith enough to believe in what they have asked).

Except when he doesn't.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I have both prayed (and continue to do so), and donated money. Is that good enough for you?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If I want to pray, or donate money, or both I'll do so. There is no one here I have to explain myself to.

W

• freydo
    freydo

History tells us that Nero fiddled while Rome burned, but Barack Obama is providing the famous emperor with some serious competition when it comes to going AWOL while America and the world face crises the likes of which haven’t been experienced in decades.

Even as the situation at the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant continues to worsen by the hour, and as radiation surges across the Pacific towards the U.S. west coast while Americans panic buy supplies of potassium iodide, President Obama seems remarkably sanguine about the whole affair.

While protests and civil wars rage in Libya and Bahrain, Obama is keeping himself busy by videotaping his NCAA tournament picks, hitting the golf course for the 61st time in his presidency, and partying with lawmakers during a Chicago Bulls vs. Charlotte Bobcats game.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

we disagree again becuase to ME God is not superstiteous nonesense. Lilly

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

freydo, they need a break from time to time like we do!, hello? They have worked alot more than you think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit