DON'T pray for the victims of the Japanese earthquake/tsunami disaster.

by nicolaou 50 Replies latest social current

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    As prayer is a simply uneducated man's way of thinking they did something and useless.

and

Would it be too rude and offensive to say that you are delusional?

Lets talk about others that were "delusional" and "uneducated"

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. ~Abraham Lincoln

Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for us. ~Socrates

Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God. ~Edwin Keith

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: 'It connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." John Adams

"I hold the precepts of Jesus as delivered by Himself, to be the most pure, benevolent and sublime which have ever been preached to man..." President Thomas Jefferson

"The study of the Bible is a post-graduate course in the richest library of human experience." President Herbert Hoover

"Prayer is a confession of one's own unworthiness and weakness. " - Gahndi

Thank God for these delusional and uneducated people. I'm sure free2beme and Nikolas are much less delusional and much more educated than all of the above people.

• brotherdan
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

if you believe in prayer and the power that the multitude of Gods can someway do something extraordinary then go ahead,if you believe a financial contribution could somehow help do that likewise.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Proverbs 21:13
    If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.

Matthew 6:1-4
    Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

• sir82
    sir82

BD,

Weren't you a week or 2 ago calling down evil upon the head of Jesus?

What gives? Did you get a vision of heavenly glory or something?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I wasn't calling down evil on Jesus. I was expressing how upset I was for my wifes health. Everyone goes through anger at God during certain times. But when it comes down to it He has been there for me.

Anyway, this thread is not about me. It's about the need to help others AND to pray for them.

• Stealth
    Stealth

That's the cool thing about Jesus. You can shit on him all you want and he will always take you back, even without a public apology.

• agonus
    agonus

If prayer makes you feel better... um... what, exactly, is wrong with that? Provided you also do the practical and tangible things you mentioned, i.e. donations, Red Cross, etc.?

What if you're feeling too shitty to do anything practical?

If prayer helps you feel decent enough to do something practical that you otherwise wouldn't do, then isn't it practical in its own right?

I see no "practical" reason why one can't do both. I'm so tired of the dialectic. Don't we get enough of that from the Slaveful ones?

• agonus
    agonus

BD,

I have to admit the Jefferson quote is compelling.

The man was NO fan of orthodoxy, that much is certain.

• free2beme
    free2beme

brotherdan

So your point being. Just because a bunch of other people gave credit to God, for actions they themselves did and had nothing to do with Christianity. I should follow along and accept that the Christian God needs us to pray now? Okay, I pay the sky turns blue ... wow, it just did. He must be real. Now I am going to pray a sexy woman walks in right now and wants to be my love slave ... damn it! Did not happen. Guess God only answers prayers when I only acknowledge the things I want and not with the things I want to ignore. Damn you Christian God, your so complex. You make it seem that everything is about my own perspective in seeing things and not the reality of simply seeing the Christian God is a myth that has enslaved mankind in ignorance for 2000 years now.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the divine. But Christianity is a joke!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit