Good news for a change....

by ProdigalSon 54 Replies latest social current

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Hey Mad, Joseph Campbell is very impressive. Definitely an enlightened fellow

• garyneal
    garyneal

I must admit I read this with a degree of skepticism. While I would love to see the whole shift in consciousness and awakening come about, the whole thing brings up memories of sitting in the Independent Fundamental Baptist churches back when we went through Bible prophesy extensively.

The idea that all of the world's problems will be solved as someone will rise up and solve all our problems. Except, this miracle worker will only be able to accomplish this for 3 1/2 years to follow with 3 1/2 years of travesty leading up to Armageddon. Basically, if you are familiar with the Left Behind series, you have an idea of what I am talking about. The King of the North was spoken of in those churches too and (like you) when the Soviet Union collapsed, I too was wondering "now who is the King of the North?"

Truth is, even if this whole thing came about, what is to prevent us from regressing back to where we came from? One of the things I figured out for myself was that in order for us to truly become more idealistic, our very nature will need to be changed. We would have to discard completely our sinful / animal nature, otherwise this change that may be coming about will be a very temporary one.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Our whole world economy hinges on one foundational pin: cheap, available oil and gas.

It is very possible that a global energy peak will happen. Some say it already has. The question is how will our world deal with this? Will there be something to replace these fuels to continue running everything or will we become a post-industrialized world?

If this is planned properly, we can have a gradual decline into the new modality. If it is not planned, things will be chaotic.

In Ontario, the main electricity provider is "Hydro One" (due to the fact that our energy generation started as hydroelectric generation in Niagara Falls). I just received a set of coupons in the mail to help "Save throughout 2011 on energy-efficient products for your home". The tagline inside says:

Why buy energy-efficient products?

• By switching to energy-efficient products, you can save your household's energy consumption, which in turn will help you save money on energy costs.
    • Energy efficient products last longer.

Why would an electrical company that sells electricity want me to save on the use of electricity? Wouldn't they want me to use more and more electricity? Are they not a business? I think this is just one piece of evidence that points to our current consumption of energy as being out of control and that it is not based on a sustainable foundation.

Prodigal Son... does this figure in to some of the things you are talking about?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well I suppose since you are bringing this up in a forum of people who tend to be critical of these sorts of predictions, then you are ok with critique. So here goes.

Why is this generation of human beings so special, apart from the millions of previous generations?

I submit that humans are egocentric about time. We don't fully grasp the fact that we are not somehow unique in the time continuum.

I am not saying you or we are all babies or narcissists, just that these are natural human tendencies that play out when it comes to thinking one generation is soooo special.

Search objective sources to determine the validity of your claims. If this generation is so special in regards to money collapsing, etc., then most uninterested observers would be able to notice it, it would be so obvious. And the current state of affairs should be unique in human history--unprecedented.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Truth is, even if this whole thing came about, what is to prevent us from regressing back to where we came from? One of the things I figured out for myself was that in order for us to truly become more idealistic, our very nature will need to be changed. We would have to discard completely our sinful / animal nature, otherwise this change that may be coming about will be a very temporary one.

I disagree with this. I don't believe we are inherently sinful nor fallen. We climbed to where we are and there is no reason to think we can't keep climbing. Every time there is some sort of crisis or disaster we see the love mankind is capable of. Do people also act selfishly? Is there evil? Yes. There is also selflessness and kindness and sacrifice.

This is the old nature versus nurture debate and the answer, I believe, is we have both sides naturally and the one we nurture is the one that becomes dominant. More and more people are figuring out the dual nature of everything and realizing that nature is merely the foundation; we can build on it whatever we wish.

I have no position on the extraterrestrial spirits angle but I think we can rise above where we've been. To do so we are going to have to cast aside the assumption that we're not worthy or not capable of doing so without outside help. The help isn't outside, it's inside.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Heaven, Nikola Tesla built an electric car back in 1930 that ran on free electromagnetic energy in the atmosphere. He built the power generators on Niagara Falls and was relaying the energy to Paris via a tower on Montauk Point Long Island, with no cables. What do you think might have happened to that technology? Even the Model T Ford ran on hemp oil! What the hell are we burning fossil fuels for? Greed and corruption. They have used oil to take over the world and enslave us all, while destroying Mother Earth.

We can also build cars that run on water. Yes, this is part of disclosure, the release of these suppressed technologies. While it will have a devastating impact on the economy to finally get rid of fossil fuels, it will be temporary, and I think we can all agree to deal with it in lieu of a far better and cleaner world.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

rebel8, about this being a special time in history, every prophecy from the Mayans to the Hindus to the Bible to Nostradamus to Edgar Cayce has indicated that it is. I think the simple fact that we have 7 billion people on the planet makes it a special time. Edgar Cayce and others have said that all the souls who have ever lived on earth are all incarnating now at the same time, for the specific purpose of being here for the Shift of the Ages.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

About regressing back to where we came from, well, that's not the way evolution works but I could be mistaken. Once DNA is activated it won't get deactivated again. Once we ascend to fourth density (we are already halfway there) there's no going back to third density. That would be like returning to Neanderthal times, or worse, going back to the Kingdom Hall.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Just heard a quote from Joseph Campbell on "The Hero's Journey" documentary.

(paraphrased) One might ask why, if our nature is selfishness, self-preservation, are there true stories of people who launch themselves into danger without thought for self, in order to save another? The answer is there is something deeper, something metaphysical within us that knows: "we are one."

While I'm paraphrasing great quotes, here's some paraphrased Abraham Lincoln: "'The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We cannot escape history. We will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, or last best hope for Earth."

And below is some Straczynski/Katsulas/G'kar:

"The universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice.
    The language is not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari [or English, or Spanish, or Mandarin, or German, . . . ]
    It speaks in the language of hope
    It speaks in the language of trust
    It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion
    It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul.
    But always it is the same voice
    It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us,
    And the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born
    It is the small, still voice that says
    We are one
    No matter the blood
    No matter the skin
    No matter the world
    No matter the star:
    We are one
    No matter the pain
    No matter the darkness
    No matter the loss
    No matter the fear
    We are one
    Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize the singular truth and this singular rule:
    That we must be kind to one another
    Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us.
    We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future.
    We are one.
    We are one."

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I have been a believer Prodigal Son....Nesera, Global Settlements and the Dinar..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit