Here i am....

by makersmark 81 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nugget likes a good vent sometimes.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Not sure what to add other than welcome, glad you found us and I agree with everything nugget and everyone else has said so far.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Nugget likes a good vent sometimes.

• pirata
    pirata

makersmark, I replied to your PM. Check the envelope on the top right to see your PMS. If there's an error, hit the back button and then reclick on the PM. If there's still an error, try a non-IE browser.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Makers Mark.jpg

Welcome!

You said:

Finally - the 1995 and 2010 changes about generations really really bothers me - scriptures dont say "and this overlapping generation will by no means pass away". Im scared crapless about this - all concept of armagedon coming is changed and not many of my fellow bros and sisters even realized this? am i wrong?

The current interpretation does, indeed, change the game concerning the imminence of Armageddon - as well it should.

The WT has an unhealthy obsession with Armageddon. I think the fact that the word Armageddon is mentioned only once (once!) in Holy Writ should tell those boneheads something.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing of which to be afraid. Just trust Jesus of Nazareth, not the dubious Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Syl

• Heaven
    Heaven

I felt contaminated by it.

Oh nugget! This reminds me of Agent Smith from the Matrix when he is speaking to Morpheus about being saturated by the stench of the Matrix and humanity.

• Heaven
    Heaven

^ what the heck happened there?!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Repetition for emphasis Heaven!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

zoiks - "...the Governing Body (notice how it is capitalized now when it wasn't years ago?)"

Seriously??? I hadn't realized that. Wow.

Welcome, makersmark. you're in for an interesting ride, dude.

• Ding
    Ding

Hi Makersmark,

PLEASE read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz.

1. No immature language will be found there.

2. You'll see that the GB has more trouble with "this generation" than you know about, including how they rejected the "overlapping generation" theory and seriously considered changing the 1914 date to 1957 because of Sputnik.

3. You'll find out about other issues you probably know nothing of.

Is what the Society used to say and teach irrelevant, given their claim to be Jehovah's sole channel of communication?

If someone asks you to trust your life savings to them to invest, isn't their background and past performance critical?

The WTS isn't asking you to trust them with your money.

They are asking you to trust them with your very life and eternal destiny.

Awake, 10/8/1968, p. 23: "True, there have been those in the past who predicted an `end to the world,' even announcing a specific date... Yet, nothing happened. The `end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fullfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them."

Watchtower, 4/1/1972, p. 197: "Jehovah... had a `prophet' to warn them. This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a `prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?"

Okay, Makersmark, do your homework. Do what the WT says to do and actually review the WTS' prophetic record. What DOES it show?

1874, 1914, 1918, 1925, Beth Sarim, 1941, 1975, 1914 generation, overlapping generation...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit