About the Adam and Eve time gap....

by Lozhasleft 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Fair enough Tammy, yes... I respect your view ...after all God uses the physical 'body' and the earth and elements to explain so many spiritual things to us...but for the sake of argument, just for the purpose of considering the issue on a thread, I am curious to hear other people's take on this time element re Adam and Eve and how/why she didnt conceive in the garden hence bringing forth 'perfect' children. The WT doctrine/bible claims that this is why we are born into Adamic sin so it is worth discussing I reckon...

Loz x

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Lozhasleft: They were being tried by God regardless of what James says, it wasnt Satan who put that tree in the garden of Eden. And how were they expected to fail? It was a test, they failed becasue they didnt follow the rules God did not push them one way or the other. To say they were expected to fail drags in the doctrine of predestinantion. As for the command to multiyply did God say "do it right now"? He told them his purpose but imposed no time line on them.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Pyramid...valid points...we agree then that god didnt predestine them ... I still am fuddled by the time issue because it wouldnt have been long before a conception took place....

Loz x

Edited to add: Eve was tried by her own desire to do something that she was clear was wrong, rather than the tree testing her, and led by Satan to do it using the 'tree'?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I think she lasted 5 minutes. Just imagine Adam all bored and lonely.... counting and naming animals, watching them copulate for so long.... Dont forget he was a perfect man. He would get horny often... but he didnt have a place to discharge... and since he probably did not see any other animal masturbate he did not knew about that...

So suddenly a perfect woman in front of him........ look at those ....... they are bigger than mine...... wow. look this fits perfectly... wow......

ooops! and thats the end of naming animals..... Sooo on the few brakes that EVE had (she had to sneak away from Adam right after he was done) she went walking and looky looky.... another person to chat.... And since girls like to chat... And Adam was not interested in chatting anymore... (The conquering stage was over) Well Eve talk to the snake.... the only other person to talk ... Adn since eve was fairly young she had no clue that the SERPENTS dont have vocal cords!!

Anyway... you really think that Adam left Even alone for long? No way Jose!

Eve comin here honey. Let me show you something I saw the elephants do the other day!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Present a man with a perfect naked woman, what happens - A BONER!!!!

CANT: My friend that depends on the age of the woman.... and if you have spoken with her already :-)

In less than a month, instead of being curious and overwhelmed by life itself and everything around you; all that you are seeing and experiencing for the first time... would you take one look at Adam, and then be comfortable 'getting busy' so quickly?

TEC: ohh you are such a girly girl :-)

What would have been the hurry in letting Eve just learn for a while? They had no time-limits, no death, just eternity. Why would time have meant anything at all?

My dear you need to study how a man thinks :-)

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

According to JW theology she did not know what she was doing...she was the only one decieved. And yes the tree is just a tree. But God put it their and made the rule that they should not eat from it. Satan did use it for his own purposes, but it was still Gods tree and it was still his rule.

The time gap is interesting if you beleive Fred Franzs time line. If this were all true than I would have to say God wanted to make sure they were going to be loyal before he let them procreate.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

As long as we're makin' up stories...who says Eve was created as an adult? Maybe Adam's rib wasn't big enough to make a full grown Woman so she had to be created as a child. Maybe she didn't get her monthly "curse" until after she grew up and she and ate the magic fruit and was cursed for real. ( I'm just sayin')

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I couldn't even finish reading CyberJesus' replies. I was laughing so hard I snarted.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Do you know what the first thing Adam said to Eve when he saw her?

-"Stand back....I'm not sure how big this thing gets!"

• tec
    tec
    My dear you need to study how a man thinks :-)

Well, I didn't say Adam might not have been in a hurry ;)

But even so - Eve wasn't any greater or lesser than him; no subjugation at this time, so she would have the final say in what was done with her. Just because she was a grown woman does not mean that she was sexually mature before she had learned a bit about being alive first. Has nothing to do with shame or anything. Just maturity, without which there is no real interest.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit