About the Adam and Eve time gap....

by Lozhasleft 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

In the thread "Jehovah and his useless penis." Shelby reckons that because Adam and Eve were made in God's image, that they were able to make humans the same way as God did. Just grab a handfull of dirt and make a man, steal a rib out of the man to make a woman. That's why women wouldn't have had birth pains if Eve hadn't scoffed the apple.

Well it went something like that. Maybe Shelby can repeat her wisdom here.

• Ding
    Ding

If Fred Franz is right with his gap theory, it's at 36 years and counting: 1975-2011.

• Ding
    Ding

If Fred Franz is right with his gap theory, it's at 36 years and counting: 1975-2011.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Maybe God would not allow her to get pregnant in the garden of Eden until they had passed the test...which they did not.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes but that would mean that God lied when he blessed them and told them to multiply and fill the earth....? I've thought about that but it doesn't ring true and would also suggest they were being 'tried' by God and were expected to fail...contravening the James scripture.

Loz x

• tec
    tec

This is reminding me of the innocent blond guy from Rocky Horror Picture Show ;)

Do you really think that within a few weeks of being given life -from nothing and from knowing nothing - that you would be comfortable having sex? Just like that?

I can see it happening of course - curiosity, attraction, lust - but after a bit of time learning and trusting and exploring.

Tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

But Tammy she wouldnt have felt any shame or guilt...none of that had entered into their thinking...and they were the only 2 people on earth...surely it would have been the most natural thing for them to fall in love...and so easily....she wasnt born as a baby remember but as a full grown woman suitable to be a companion/complement/wife to Adam....

Loz x

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Do you really think that within a few weeks of being given life -from nothing and from knowing nothing - that you would be comfortable having sex? Just like that?

Adam was more than a few weeks old. The question is how could he possibly be comfortable NOT having sex? Answer is it would be IMpossible and therefore sex was all but guaranteed. Especially since God commanded it, why would they wait? Reproduction is the reason Eve was made.

But the story is just that: a story. Whatever higher power REALLY exists, this story blashphemes it by making it look like a petty and vindictive fool.

• tec
    tec

I'm not talking about shame or guilt either. Just about all the new experiences - touches, scents, tastes -EVERYTHING- that she would be exploring, experiencing, learning.

It is possible that sex was not the top of the list... not just yet, anyway ;).

She was created as a helper/companion to Adam yes... but full-grown woman or not, what about her mind?

(all of this is for arguments sake that everything in the story is literal word-for-word, which we should already know it is not, simply by the fact that God is spirit, so how did they hear him literally walking in the garden?)

Tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Isnt the thought that they were walking in the garden ....before the sin God didnt need a mediator between himself and man so I believe it would be extremely likely that he spoke to them...being a spirit wouldnt have impeded the Almighty from such...

BTW- remember that I am a firm believer, and have a close relationship with my God, I just wanted to pick this apart and get some feedback because it intirigues me....

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit