About the Adam and Eve time gap....

by Lozhasleft 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

What's got me a bit befuddled is this...

When Eve was created she was physically perfect right? And apparently God blessed them which counted as a marriage. So....that means that Satan's deception of Eve must have been almost immediate?....because being perfect she would have conceived virtually straight away, surely? She didnt conceive until after they were thrown out of Eden ..... anyone follow my reasoning??

Loz x

• factfinder
    factfinder

I don't think Adam and Eve were in a rush with anything, so it is hard to say how long it took before they had children or how long Eve existed before Satan tempted her. But Satan would have had to have time to study her and see what would be the best approach to take.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Being physically perfect and blessed I cant see how they wouldnt 'be in a rush' to be honest....what makes you reason they weren't?

Loz x

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

maybe they didnt have sex right away. They waited until Adam showed ALL the little animals to eve. She was a girl you know.. she needed some romance... maybe she play hard to get, she didnt want to be like all the animals...Maybe since they didnt know they were naked they also didnt know they could play "Mom and Dad", maybe becuz she was perfect she calculated very well since she didnt want to loose her perfect looks... if you know what i mean.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I once heard a talk where it was said that the time that Adam and Eve were together was probably less than one month.

The reasoning for this was that as they were perfect she would have conceived at her first ovulation so this must have been after they were put out.

If in fact Adam had been on his own for a 'considerable time', naming the animals etc then I imagine 5 minutes after seeing Eve he would have......... well you get the drift!!

George

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

George....Exactly !! This is my reasoning....that Satan got to her before her first ovulation.

Loz x

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Cyber - They knew cos they were told to 'multiply and fill the earth' ....

Loz x

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

In my mind, the perfect woman is a BJ addict. (Just had to throw that in there)

Genesis chapter 5 indicates the guys were waiting until they were pretty along in years before they started having kids. Granted, Adam's age with his first kids isn't discussed, but his 3rd son, Seth, was born when Adam was 105. The Scriptures remain silent on the whys of the waits, but the youngest mentioned are Mahalalel and Enoch at 65.

It does seem like the girls are maturing younger now than when I was a kid. Maybe it's been gradual, since the beginning, and women were 60+ before they hit puberty.

• tec
    tec

Well, a couple of things to consider I think:

1) Why does perfect even have to mean that you conceive each and every time (unless you're already pregnant, of course)? Could be very good and natural reasons NOT to conceive easily. Meaning then that there is no way to know how much or little time they spent inside the garden.

2) Perhaps they did not 'lay together' until after they were given their garments of skin and cast out of the garden? (which is what I think you're implying, that Satan 'got' to her quickly.

3) Perhaps the story, while relaying a truth, is not about a 'flesh and blood' tree, apple, man or woman. Perhaps God did not literally walk on his feet in this garden, nor did Eve take a literal bite out of an apple that held all the knowledge of good and evil. But rather that all these things are being explained in a physical 'flesh and blood' sense, so that people can understand the simple story and lesson, and eventually move on to understanding the spiritual aspects behind it?

Symbols, of the spiritual thing they represented.

But for arguments sake, taking it all literally, as in flesh and blood man and woman, garden and snake, etc... then think about what you would do if you were just opening your eyes from nothing to an adult body. In less than a month, instead of being curious and overwhelmed by life itself and everything around you; all that you are seeing and experiencing for the first time... would you take one look at Adam, and then be comfortable 'getting busy' so quickly?

What would have been the hurry in letting Eve just learn for a while? They had no time-limits, no death, just eternity. Why would time have meant anything at all?

Tammy

• therevealer
    therevealer

The only example adam had of copulation were animals. where do think he thought it was being inserted. took a period of time to figure out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit