Heads up! Jesus is angry at the churches for their hospitals and feeding the poor......

by miseryloveselders 66 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

So the WBTS should not be TAX EXEMPT because they don't do chartiable works.

B

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

So Jesus will be infuriated at religions who have done physical feeding but not spiritual feeding (as defined by the WTBS.) What of the religions who have done spiritual feeding, but not physical? Where does he indicate that that's more to his liking?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

dinah - "Everytime I read crap like this in the WT, I can hear Jesus saying 'Get away from me, I never knew you!'"

"Lord, Lord, did we not build a small but powerful publishing empire in your name? Did we not cast out apostates in your name?"

bobld - "So the WBTS should not be TAX EXEMPT because they don't do chartiable works."

Hmmm; I hadn't considered this. Maybe someone should talk to the IRS.

• dinah
    dinah
    Hmmm; I hadn't considered this. Maybe someone should talk to the IRS.

I've been thinking that for a LONG time. But you can bet the legal department has it covered.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

When we were doing post flood clean up in Grand Forks ND, part of the WT crew, no food was provided; the brother in charge said it was OK to take the food that Salvation Army and Red Cross were bringing around.

That was a wake up call.

The salvation army, babylon the great.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

So here is the real analogy:

A mother and father leave their children with a baby sitter for the week; they say, FEED them, make sure they are warm and safe. Educate them; read to them, love them, reason with them.

Instead of feeding them, the babysitter reads them simplistic short articles written at a 6th grade level; when they say they are hungry, they get warnings about gluttony and lectures about the superior qualities of spiritual food.

Instead of giving them food for lunch, they take the kids pocket change and send it to New York headquarters of JW's; they make the children peddle 32 page booklets from door to door, and tell them they are the happiest family on earth. One of the children touches himself; the babysitter makes the family shun the child.

When the parents come back, the children have run away.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So the WBTS should not be TAX EXEMPT because they don't do chartiable works.

In their minds the preaching work is an adequate replacement for feeding the hungry and healing the sick and therfore is the most charitable work of all.

I just shake my head sometimes when I think about it too much.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit