Heads up! Jesus is angry at the churches for their hospitals and feeding the poor......

by miseryloveselders 66 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Next week's Congregation Bible Study will explain and illustrate why Christendom is toast, and how we can contribute to the joy of Christ by supporting "the faithful and discreet slave."

The Anger and the Joy of the Messianic King

10. Like his Father, our Master is by nature happy. (1 Timothy 1:11) As a man, Jesus was neither critical nor hard to please. Yet, there is much happening on the earth today that must fill him with righteous anger. He is certainly angry at all the those religious organizations that falsely claim to represent him. He fortold as much: "Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not... perform many powerful workds in your name?' And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." Matthew 7 21-23.

11. Many today who call themsevles Christians might find those words puzzling. Why would Jesus direct such strong words to people who have been performing "many powerful works" in his name? The churches of Christendom have sponsored charities, aided the poor, built hospitals and schools, and performed many other works. To see why they have earned Jesus' anger, consider an illustration.

12. A father and mother need to go on a trip. They cannot take their children along, so they hire a babysitter. Their instructions to her are simple: Take care of our children. Feed them, make sure they are clean, and keep them from harm." When the parents return, though, they are shocked to see that their children are famished. They are dirty, sickly, and miserable. They are crying for the babysitter's attention, but their cries go unheeded. Why? She is up on a ladder, washing the windows. Furious, the parents demand an explanation. The sitter replies: "Look at all that I did! Aren't the windows clean? I made repairs to the house too, all for you!" Would the parents feel better? Harldly! They never asked her to do those jobs; they just wanted their children cared for. Her refusal to heed their instructions would infuriate them.

13. Christendom has acted like that babysitter. Jesus left instructions with his representatives to fed people spiritually by teaching them the truth of God's Word and helping them to be spiritually clean. (John 21:15-17) Yet, Christendom has dismally failed to obey his direction. She has left people spiritually starved, confused by falsehoods and ignorant of basic Bible truths. (Isaiah 65:13; Amos 8:11) Even her attempts to better this world can hardly excuse her willfull disobedience. After all, this world system is like a house that is slated for demolition! God's Word makes it clear that Satan's world system is soon to be destroyed.- 1 John 2:15-17.

14. On the other hand, Jesus must be very happy to look down from heaven and see that millions of people are fulfilling the disciple-making commission that he gave his followers before leaving the earth. (Matthew 28:19, 20) What a privilege it is to contribute to the joy of the Messianic King! Let us be determined never to give up in assisting "the faithful and discreet slave." (Matthew 24:45) Unlike Christendom's clergy, this class of annointed Christians has obediently spearheaded the preaching work and has faithfully fed Christ's sheep.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    12. A father and mother need to go on a trip. They cannot take their children along, so they hire a babysitter. Their instructions to her are simple: Take care of our children. Feed them, make sure they are clean, and keep them from harm." When the parents return, though, they are shocked to see that their children are famished. They are dirty, sickly, and miserable. They are crying for the babysitter's attention, but their cries go unheeded. Why? She is up on a ladder, washing the windows. Furious, the parents demand an explanation. The sitter replies: "Look at all that I did! Aren't the windows clean? I made repairs to the house too, all for you!" Would the parents feel better? Harldly! They never asked her to do those jobs; they just wanted their children cared for. Her refusal to heed their instructions would infuriate them.

False analogy.

Grown people (disciples) shouldn't be treated like children!

14. On the other hand, Jesus must be very happy to look down from heaven and see that millions of people are fulfilling the disciple-making commission that he gave his followers before leaving the earth. (Matthew 28:19, 20) ...

Jesus gave that commission to His apostles, and to His apostles only. That mission was accomplished.

WT writing is getting more and more bizarre.

Syl

• dinah
    dinah

Everytime I read crap like this in the WT, I can hear Jesus saying "Get away from me, I never knew you!"

• John Newby
    John Newby

It IS getting more and more bizarre! :O ideally, our faith should lead us to do BOTH in my humble opinion

• snowbird
    snowbird

They're always decrying the building of hospitals and schools by Christendom churches, yet they have no qualms about using those institutions when necessary.

I hope they realize they're beginning to sound hollow, shrill, and downright stupid.

Syl

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What you do for the least of these, you do for me is a celebrated Jesus quote that sums up his gospel. Love one another as I have loved you." I can choose to endeavor to do what Jesus commanded or be a robot in a dangerous cult. Perhaps I am weird and crazy but I choose Jesus.

Blessed are the meek, Blessed are the poor. -The Beatitudes.

Jesus' call was a radical one. Turn the other cheek. Mother Theresa vs. the Borg. It is so sad. I was enraged to read this statement by the Society. First, we don't have a record of every single reaction of Jesus. Perhaps Jesus was very rude to Mary and Joseph. We don't know. The gospels focus on his public ministry, not his private life (with the exception of Magdalene and John, the beloved disciple). Jesus was human - the Witnesses demote him greatly.

Jesus did not teach a prosperity gospel. Turn the other cheek. He did not mean to be a good neighbor, State Farm is there.

They are outrageous but zombies fall for it. So sad. Grace is present now through Christ our Lord. His ministers are supposed to be servants, not leaders.

I love art. See the Sistine Chapel with God creating Adam, the Last Judgement or DaVinci's Last Supper. I wept with the awe that God gave us such creativity to trasncend our llimitations and peek at the eternal. Compare with Watchtower illustrations. Listen to Bach, Handel, Beethoven, Mozart and listen to Kingdom songs. Which group is flowing with the Holy Spirit?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Ugh. That analogy is totally off. I've always despised the WT's "illustrations". I could write better analogies myself (and have done so and used them in talks in the past lmao). The one that really seemed ridiculous to me was the dirty candy illustration. Oh and the rotten apple. Okay, if an apple is rotten, I wouldn't just cut off the rotten parts, I'd throw the damn thing away. But they were talking about excising the bruise and getting rid of all the brown and being left with a "good apple" (I think they were talking about entertainment again...or something similar). If an apple is truly rotting, I want no part of it lol. I'm wouldn't perform plastic surgery on a patient that's not long for this world, would I?

I've actually been pondering talking to a friend of mine who is very involved with the Catholic church. She helps out with the soup kitchen and the food bank...I'm thinking of volunteering my time to help out. I'm not Catholic...I'm not even Theist...but people are people, no matter their beliefs and sometimes they need a hand.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Listen to Bach, Handel, Beethoven, Mozart and listen to Kingdom songs. Which group is flowing with the Holy Spirit?

Yes! Yes! Yes!

They were not afraid to allow their emotions and spirits to soar!

The same can be said of Negro spirituals and Gospel music.

Hallelujah!!!

Syl

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, I'm absolutely certain that Jesus, were he to return to earth, would definitely equate "easing the suffering of the poor and downtrodden" with "washing windows".

Idiots.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

For the WT's information the churches of Christendom are ministering to the people's spiritual needs as well as providing for them in material ways.
    This is the example that Christ set for his followers and the WT is the one not following Jesus' example to providing for both types of needs for the people. As if their WT's provide any spiritual real help anyway, but thats another story.

This always irritated me that they WT organization tells people as long as they are handing out magazines, they are doing the will of God. And then they put down the churches that are actually helping people. Their thinking is totally demented and unscriptural and certainly NOT in line with God's.

Matthew25:30-40

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

James 1:27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Mark 8:2,3

2 “I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. 3 If I send them home hungry, they will collapse on the way, because some of them have come a long distance

Proverbs28:27

Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses

Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit