Heads up! Jesus is angry at the churches for their hospitals and feeding the poor......

by miseryloveselders 66 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hmmm...what DOES the Bible say to do with the poor?

Does the Watchtower follow this command of Jesus?

Luke 12:33. "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys."

Mt. 5:42. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

Mt. 19:20 The young man said to Him, "All these commands I have kept; what am I still lacking?" Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mt. 6:2-4. "When therefore you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your alms may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will repay you."

Are they following the example of the 1st century apostles? Notice:

Gal. 2:9 Recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John... gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we might go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. They only asked us to remember the poor-- the very thing I also was eager to do.

Acts 2:44. All those who had believed were together, and had all things in common; and they began to sell their property and possessions, and share them with all, as anyone might have need.

Eph. 4:28. Let him who steals steal no longer; but rather let him labor, performing with his own hands what is good, in order that he may have something to share with him who has need.

So it seems to me that the Watchtower is the one at fault here. Also, they pain a far different picture of Christianity (outside the JWs) than I have seen. I've learned more about the Bible after being out than I EVER learned in the Watchtower. And half of what they taught 50 years ago was lies. And there are things that they are STILL teaching that are lies.

Using the babysitter analogy: The parents left the kids with the Babysitter, and the Babysitter fed them...but it was full of poison. That babysitter also said that because they complained about the poison being in their food, they could never again talk to their family and friends. I'll take the Christian babysitter over the Watchtower babysitter ANY DAY!!!!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

2 Corinthians 6:14 ".........For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? "

The WTS ain't nothin' but Satan himself. there are to many similarities

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup it is from "my follower" a book from 2007 and I guess it must be the source for the current "cough, cough, bible study"

I wonder how the purchase and restoration of the Stanley theatre fits into this discussion. I have been to the Stanlely theatre, it is beautiful, might not have been restored had they not done it - but how is it concentrating on an only preaching the good news program??

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Revised to fit the WTBTS:

Jesus needs to go on a trip. But he cannot take his children along, so he hires a "faithful slave". His instructions to them are simple: Take care of our flock. Feed them, make sure follow my teachings, and keep them from harm." When Jesus returns, though, he is shocked to see that his children are being worked over like unpaid employees. They are selling magazines, sitting in repetitive meetings, and being force fed cherry picked doctrines that put the "slave" in charge rather than Christ. They are crying for the "slaves" attention, but their cries go unheeded. Why? They are over managing a factory, forcing the children to print more books and magazines. Furious, Christ demands an explanation. The "slave" replies: "Look at all that I did! Isn't the Watchtower the most read magazine in the world? I got the children to spend more than 1.5 billion hours last year distributing the magazines too!" Would Christ feel better? Harldly! He never asked the slave to run a publishing and real estate empire; he just wanted their children cared for. The "slaves" refusal to heed his instructions would infuriate him.
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

I have a feeling that it is to the Watchtower that Jesus would say, "I never knew you!" Who proclaims their works more?!? The Watchtower trumpets them from every building. Anytime the do relief work for other JWs they make sure to tell the media. And they'll help the next door neighbor to the KH so that it looks like they give back to everyone!

They say that their powerful work of preaching earthwide is proof that they are true. Yes, that is a powerful work. It's just too bad that they are teaching lies.

They also forget, in that paragraph, to show that Jesus required the feeding to the poor. Notice they don't quote from Matthew 25

Mt. 25:31-46. "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on His left.

Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'

Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite you in, or naked, and clothe You? And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'

Then they themselves will also answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'

Then He will answer them, saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

• therevealer
    therevealer

And notice how the young fellow reacted in connection with the instructions from Jesus in Matthew (Matthew 19:22) 22 When the young man heard this saying, he went away grieved, for he was holding many possessions. . .

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Lost Gen

It's curious. They say Jehovah needs an organization to accomplish the preaching work. Where's the organization to fulfill the rest of their Christian duties, such as caring for the poor, the sick, the least? Why isn't that just as important as preaching? Oh right! Itsacult!

• snowbird
    snowbird

The WT seems to forget that there are sins of omission as well as commission.

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also Christians teach SOOOO much more and are SOOOO much more effective that JWs. They realize that door to door evangelism is not effective. They realize that mindless meetings do not work. While I haven't been to a physical church yet, I do watch many church services online. They are exciting and encouraging. They've got great music. They have REAL question and answer sessions where anyone can come up and ask theological questions that they struggle with. And they can even....disagree! *gasp*

But as long as they keep the r&f thinking that churches are just pure garbage, then the r&f will just continue to think they are better than everyone else and are in the "True Religion".

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Brotherdan,

Have you seen in articles how they apply that scripture to the FDS and by default the GB?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit